• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    The real problem is 500 here, 1000 there? Is that industrial plastic a good choice??? Maybe you should go metal for organization and access.

I switched to metal shelves awhile ago. Honestly I am concerned at this point if my basement concrete slab can support the weight.

Just kidding, other than 22lr I doubt I have more than 2k rounds of any given caliber. I am also hoping to correct that this BF.

Blacksmith101

Grumpy Old Man
    Jun 22, 2012
    As a proud member of the 1000 rounds per caliber (that I'm rumored to own) club??!!

Yeah... you need different friends.

;)

But seriously... pay cash if you have a concern.

That is supposed to be 1,000 rounds per Firearm. If you have 10 firearms all the same caliber 1,000 rounds won't go very far. And if they are not reloadable, .22 Rim Fire for example, then the number should be increased so in my example one case per firearm would be reasonable.

Don't worry any total over 1,000 rounds will be reported in the news as an "Arsenal" if anything happens anyway.

KJackson

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 3, 2017
    Carroll County
    My wife may or may not have said something about my UPS delivery being heavy. :innocent0

I had asked my step-daughter to keep an eye out for a delivery that I was waiting for when I was out of town. When it came she told me, "There was no way that anyone was going to steal THAT off the porch."

I don’t know of any MD law that restricts ammunition purchases yet, but think that’s coming very soon. And while there may be no law against buying ammunition, it would be foolish to conclude that bulk purchases are not of interest to both state and federal actors. I could speculate there might even be information sharing, but remember, the same actors read these these boards.

THier

R.I.P.
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 3, 2010
    Muscleville
    1k at a time is lightweight. My UPS driver hated me for the longest time. Having to feed numerous different calibers, meant many different flavors had to be ordered, and I never ordered less than 1k of each flavor.

K31

"Part of that Ultra MAGA Crowd"
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 15, 2006
    AA county
    All M193, 9mm and 45. That was during the last panic shortage (2013 ?). I had a connection where I could get Federal ammo at a pre-negotiated price from a supplier to the Fed govt. Overall, that was just a drop in the bucket.

You don't have to go back a week to get to "The last panic shortage".

Isn't it great how gun grabbers put more firearms and more ammunition into the hands of the people?

willtill

The Dude Abides
    MDS Supporter
    May 15, 2007
    When you worry about the integrity of your floor joists... you may have a problem :D

Ammo Jon

Ultimate Member
    Mar 3, 2008
    I don’t know of any MD law that restricts ammunition purchases yet, but think that’s coming very soon. And while there may be no law against buying ammunition, it would be foolish to conclude that bulk purchases are not of interest to both state and federal actors. I could speculate there might even be information sharing, but remember, the same actors read these these boards.

Definitely a concern, I have no desire to sell by the box.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Noha

Latest threads

Top Bottom