• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ar1131

Jan 31, 2013
    A couple of months ago I purchased (on the waiting list) a sig m400 for just under $1k in fde and a sig556 for just under $1,100. I also have a free stripped lowers for future builds forth kids. I bought the sig's because I think it was a good price and I wanted to have something prior to October. Now I am having buyers remorse as I should have done some homework prior to ordering. I would be surprised if I put 500 rounds per year through both of them combined. Did I over pay given the current market conditions and has sig quality really done down the toilet as much as I have been hearing/reading about. It is all water under the bridge since they are ordered and at least I can build a custom AR15 with the stripped lowers after I do some more research. Thanks for the input.

RoadDawg

Nos nostraque Deo
    Dec 6, 2010
    There will ALWAYS be "brand bullies" who can find a speck of sand to complain about, in the bottom of a 66,000 gallon pool filled with skinny dipping playboy bunnies. SIG, Glock, Colt, Ruger etc, etc, etc... They all will have an issue or three from time to time. But they all make quality firearms that will do the job well for those who are not looking for some little thing to blame the firearm because they missed the X on the first trip to the range.

Both of those rifles are decent rifles and barring any mishaps should give you years of service. As long as your budget is okay with the purchase... your mind can wrap itself around it after you get past the buyers remorse period.

Shoot them in good health and enjoy watching your kids grow into the sport when they are old enough and mature enough to handle the responsibility. :thumbsup:

Alea Jacta Est

Extinguished member
    MDS Supporter
    So, Sig remorse or gun remorse or price remorse....

Sig is GTG with me. I have several. Guns are GTG with me... I may have a couple.

Price remorse...the BILL. I can dig that. That said, there's lots of folks here who might be more than happy to help you rectify that particular issue...just ask.

Good luck with your quandary...it ain't a bad spot to be in.

Cheers. Shoot straight.

JDove

Ultimate Member
    Jun 16, 2010
    A couple of months ago I purchased (on the waiting list) a sig m400 for just under $1k in fde and a sig556 for just under $1,100. I also have a free stripped lowers for future builds forth kids. I bought the sig's because I think it was a good price and I wanted to have something prior to October. Now I am having buyers remorse as I should have done some homework prior to ordering. I would be surprised if I put 500 rounds per year through both of them combined. Did I over pay given the current market conditions and has sig quality really done down the toilet as much as I have been hearing/reading about. It is all water under the bridge since they are ordered and at least I can build a custom AR15 with the stripped lowers after I do some more research. Thanks for the input.

Confused... have you had problems with them or are you just sorry you paid for them and don't shoot them much?

-Z/28-

I wanna go fast
    Dec 6, 2011
    Harford Co
    You did fine. Both are good rifles. On top of that, you could resell either of them and make a profit in the current market. The M400 is probably around $1200-1300 and the 556 is $1200-1500 depending on the variant.

MacGuns

Ultimate Member
    Jan 14, 2013
    Chester
    Well sorry to say I think they are both junk. However, I would be willing to take them off your hands to relieve you of your remorse and fear of catching the Signess.

Stratman60

Apr 6, 2013
    Calvert
    Take the guns out shoot them, see if you have any problems. Enjoy them and take your kids with you. Let them shoot them,watch their face"s as they shoot, you won't have any more remorse. Teach them to be good shooters and practice safe gun handling. Their the future of gun ownership in this state.

Shedding

Mar 17, 2013
    I learned along time ago not to let others control my feelings of my own things. Someone will always find a way to tear what others have down

ar1131

Jan 31, 2013
    Confused... have you had problems with them or are you just sorry you paid for them and don't shoot them much?

I didn't realize I wanted them until I realized I couldn't get then after October and there was/is a 4-6 month wait right now for them. I hopefully will shoot them a lot but in reality I am not sure I will. I bought them because I still can and figure I'll figure out how to pay for it later. I think the remorse is that i didnt look into it a bit more to figure what is a good buy for me as opposed to just closing my eyes as winging it from the sig catalog.

ObsceneJesster

Ultimate Member
    Jan 31, 2011
    That's one of the threads. For some reason there seems to e a bunch of dissatisfied sig owners and I am not sure the same is the for other brands such as colt.

I think a lot of the dislike towards SIG is for their Gas Piston model. I've personally never even held one so I can't comment. I will say that there are a lot of very knowledgeable and experienced guys over at M4Carbine and most of them know what they are talking about. I don't think SIG is the only manufacture catching slack for the gas piston system though.

I say this. Just get the rifle in your hands and see if you like it. If you don't like it, I'm sure you will be able to sell it and make your money back. Then buy something you really want with that money.

RCH

Will work for ammo.
    Mar 18, 2007
    PG County
    Look at this way ar1131- thanks to our overlords, in about 5-10 years when you go to the range the people will look at you and say "Holy S#$% that guy has 2 SIG assault rifles- I've never seen one!!!"

So you got that going for you. :cool:

ar1131

Jan 31, 2013
    I think a lot of the dislike towards SIG is for their Gas Piston model. I've personally never even held one so I can't comment. I will say that there are a lot of very knowledgeable and experienced guys over at M4Carbine and most of them know what they are talking about. I don't think SIG is the only manufacture catching slack for the gas piston system though.

I say this. Just get the rifle in your hands and see if you like it. If you don't like it, I'm sure you will be able to sell it and make your money back. Then buy something you really want with that money.

I agree but I am a little confused. If I hate the m400 I would have to sell it, did something I like and buy that all by 10/1, right? Assuming I cannot have an additional $1500 out of pocket pending the sale of the m400 and I think once I receive it I have to hold it for 30 days before I can sell it.
    It sounds like the 556 is not regulated so I will be able to sell that anytime until the next president makes a federal ban on all firearms with a capacity of more than 2 bullets.

ObsceneJesster

Ultimate Member
    Jan 31, 2011
    I agree but I am a little confused. If I hate the m400 I would have to sell it, did something I like and buy that all by 10/1, right? Assuming I cannot have an additional $1500 out of pocket pending the sale of the m400 and I think once I receive it I have to hold it for 30 days before I can sell it.
    It sounds like the 556 is not regulated so I will be able to sell that anytime until the next president makes a federal ban on all firearms with a capacity of more than 2 bullets.

You could always just spend $150 on a stripped lower and then finish the build out after you receive the funds from the sale of the SIG's.

fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    Winfield/Taylorsville in Carroll

You are experiencing buyers remorse before you even have the gun in your hand. I felt that way for a couple days about a Beretta PX4 storm I had sitting at the FFL. Then, I went to do the paperwork and actually held the gun. It felt niceeeee.

I feel the same way about the two Rock River Arms lowers I have after finding out that there is something called billet instead of forged and there is something else called a tensioning screw. Feel the same way about the CCMG .308 lower I have. So, I fixed that right up by ordering two .223 billet lowers with the tensioning screw and two .308 billet lowers with the tensioning screw.

Once you actually start using the rifles, you will be fine with them. Especially if you are "only" going to put 500 rounds through the two of them combined on a yearly basis. Heck, with the current cost of ammo, that would pretty much be close to the cost of a gun.

smores

Creepy-Ass Cracker
    Feb 27, 2007
    Falls Church
    ar1131: I was not trying to make you second guess your purchase, I believe you were asking about how good the SIG rifles are so I gave you "The Chart".

The Chart shows us manufacturers who have revealed their materials and methods, while some haven't. Does it mean their guns are crap? Not necessarily.

I would get your rifles, shoot then and try to enjoy them. If you have problems, cross that bridge when you get to it.

Don't worry.... I'd pick a SIG rifle over a dozen lesser makers... you could have lost your mind and gotten a Plum Crazy or something (I saw some for $1300 at the Chantilly show after Newtown).

Si vis pacem para bellum

follow me @DiscipleofJMB

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JackW

Latest threads

Top Bottom