• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • scottyfz6

Ultimate Member
    Dec 22, 2018
    I spoke to the owner, as I know him and buy a far amount from him. The car had to ram the gate 3 times to get it open, and they could not smash the cases they had to flip them over. Luckily for me my can that is in jail was locked up.

They did get some but not a lot, as was said he does not have a huge inventory. But his transfers are cheap once he gets to know you, so a great place to buy. Even if he has to order something for you, he does not mark it up a lot.

I got him prices for bollards about a year ago, but the money was not there and the landlord pushed back a little. I am going to help him secure the shop a little more if I can.

edit he knows about MDS and MSI as I talk to him about it. Its a small low volume shop and I dont know what fees for IP are here, might not be worth it to him.

gtodave

MDS Supporter
    Aug 14, 2007
    Mt Airy
    No way this was a Damasus native. I fully believe that all of these smash and grabs are from 1 or 2 organized groups. Hopefully someone from that group is caught (or killed) and we're able to find out who's running it and stop it.

joppaj

Sheepdog
    Staff member
    Apr 11, 2008
    MD
    I spoke to the owner, as I know him and buy a far amount from him. The car had to ram the gate 3 times to get it open, and they could not smash the cases they had to flip them over. Luckily for me my can that is in jail was locked up.

They did get some but not a lot, as was said he does not have a huge inventory. But his transfers are cheap once he gets to know you, so a great place to buy. Even if he has to order something for you, he does not mark it up a lot.

I got him prices for bollards about a year ago, but the money was not there and the landlord pushed back a little. I am going to help him secure the shop a little more if I can.

edit he knows about MDS and MSI as I talk to him about it. Its a small low volume shop and I dont know what fees for IP are here, might not be worth it to him.
    I'm glad his business wasn't damaged worse. Hopefully insurance can make him whole without that damaging him too much.

scottyfz6

Ultimate Member
    Dec 22, 2018
    No way this was a Damasus native. I fully believe that all of these smash and grabs are from 1 or 2 organized groups. Hopefully someone from that group is caught (or killed) and we're able to find out who's running it and stop it.
    They did get a couple of prints they think belong to someone who was involved.

scottyfz6

Ultimate Member
    Dec 22, 2018
    I'm glad his business wasn't damaged worse. Hopefully insurance can make him whole without that damaging him too much.
    They did not empty the case either, they where kind of picky on what they took. Mostly modern stuff, glock look a likes is how he described it and listed some of what they got. I will just leave it as more modern stuff.

akalma

MDS Supporter
    Nov 24, 2008
    МоКо
    And the AM Shooting also has fingerprints kiosk from Silencer Shop.

BeoBill

Crank in the Third Row
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 3, 2013
    南馬里蘭州鮑伊
    It's a sad testament on criminality around here that small firearm businesses have to harden up like Ft. Knox to deter smash and grab thefts. I remember not too long ago that we were shocked when someone smashed through Fred's cinder block wall to get to the goods. This escalation is troubling. I hate to think what may be coming.

Melnic

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    HoCo
    I got the ATF email as a C&R holder.
    If I recall correctly, that place is next to a vape shop so it gets a lot of traffic.
    Was on a bike ride this spring and turned around there. Did not know about the shop till I did that turn around.

Gun theft, hmmm, already illegal but an opportunity for more gun laws I expect.....

They backed a stolen vehicle into Fox firearms (insert your feelings about Fox) years ago only to realize that they had almost no inventory and just a few guns. they were out so fast that the Police station they drove by to get in and out did not even get the call before they were gone.

So many back roads to flee from Damascas, they were in the boonies in a minute

firemn260

Sep 15, 2015
    Harford County
    I was just sitting here thinking how a couple of those riot control devices that explode sending out a bunch of rubber balls would be useful in this situation. Robbers smash wall, it sets off a alarm to your phone. Once inside you remote detonate said devices. If that does not deter them then you clack off the real claymores, call the clean up crew in the morning.

I know that’s way far fetched and would create way to much liability but my thinking is, extreme measures should be justified in order to prevent weapons from hitting the streets. What’s a few well ventilated scumbags if it keeps those guns out of murderers hands?

Checksbob

U wreckum I checkum
    True shame and glad the perps didn't take much.

I've been happy to have AM in town for us and have bought a couple of things thru him. Owner's a nice guy. Find what you want on any of the gun sites and his FFL fee has only been $40. Truly a small one person business deserving help by anybody in the local area.

scottyfz6

Ultimate Member
    Dec 22, 2018
    I spent an hour there today with the owner. The state police wont let him open up until they do an audit to make sure the store is secure. I set him up with a store front guy who can probably get a new door in early next week.

I went over a few things with him. He is getting bollards, and we are doing some other things to secure other things ( not too much info for reasons ). He learned his lesson, he wont be keeping pistols in the case over night any more.

Being an electrician with 29 years in the trade, I have learned a few things about securing rooms and buildings. I will be putting that to good use.

ShafTed

Ultimate Member
    Mar 21, 2013
    Juuuuust over the line
    "Being an electrician ..."

This being a commercial building, if there are mice in the lighting fixtures might it be possible for one of the chewed-through 277 wires to fall down onto a door knob?

scottyfz6

Ultimate Member
    Dec 22, 2018
    "Being an electrician ..."

This being a commercial building, if there are mice in the lighting fixtures might it be possible for one of the chewed-through 277 wires to fall down onto a door knob?
    Maybe, too bad he does not have 277 in the building.

scottyfz6

Ultimate Member
    Dec 22, 2018
    FYI the state police approved him opening back up. The front door is a wooden wall so you need to use the side door. Spent some time there today helping upgrade some of the security.

scottyfz6

Ultimate Member
    Dec 22, 2018
    Lets just say once I am done welding this, AM Shooting has a much more secure security door.

dNZviEU.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeymike88

Latest threads

Top Bottom