• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Brickman301

Ultimate Member
    Mar 23, 2015
    FREDERICK, MD
    Believe they are in a small shopping center behind the Starbucks.
    Correct. I’ve stopped by there a few times. Nice little shop. I’ve bought some ammo from him, as he has good prices on ammo. From my memory, it would be easy to drive right through the front of the building, as there were no barriers out front. Sad to hear about things like this.

TheBert

The Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 10, 2013
    Gaithersburg, Maryland
    Do you think about stopping there on your way home from The Beauty Spot?

The Beauty Spot in Damascus is a county public works site that allowed local residents to drop of their junk rather than have to drive down to Rockville to the big transfer station. It is colloquially known as the Beauty Spot by the locals, which I used to be one.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    The Beauty Spot in Damascus is a county public works site that allowed local residents to drop of their junk rather than have to drive down to Rockville to the big transfer station. It is colloquially known as the Beauty Spot by the locals, which I used to be one.
    lol. That didn’t go well for my funny bone.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    Correct. I’ve stopped by there a few times. Nice little shop. I’ve bought some ammo from him, as he has good prices on ammo. From my memory, it would be easy to drive right through the front of the building, as there were no barriers out front. Sad to hear about things like this.
    It is a nice shop. I ran a gun transfer through there with a MDS member.

SummitCnty

Ultimate Member
    Jan 26, 2013
    Frederick County
    The gun store in Damascus used to be a "video" store. The part of Montgomery County that didn't have on or off premises alcohol when I lived there had a well stocked video store behind the curtain.
    I think today they only have one place that sells alcohol on premise and still no off premises sales.

Dogmeat

Ultimate Member
    Apr 5, 2013
    Montgomery County, MD
    Hell, I was just in there on Friday. Small shop, but the owner is a very nice guy and an IWLA member at Damascus (Wildlife Achievement Chapter). My brother has done several transfers through there.

I hope they catch the miscreants that did this. Damascus has gone down hill for a while (I've been here since '87) but the decline accelerated since they built the Damascus Projects behind the Post Office, but there were a lot of problems brewing in the apartment complex near there over the years.

Mike1690

Jan 28, 2016
    Sorry to hear about this. I know the owner. Nice guy. Hopefully, they get back up and running soon.

joppaj

Sheepdog
    Staff member
    Apr 11, 2008
    MD
    Understanding that the man has a lot on his plate right now, but once he's back in business maybe one of you locals can tell him about us. An IP with good ammo prices will find friends here.

tallen702

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 3, 2012
    In the boonies of MoCo
    Understanding that the man has a lot on his plate right now, but once he's back in business maybe one of you locals can tell him about us. An IP with good ammo prices will find friends here.
    I've mentioned it to him before. I've bought a few guns from him (1911, Sig P365X) and plenty of ammo. He's taken reasonable security measures as there's a cage across the front to the store (inside), but the plaza itself doesn't have any bollards in place, so the car smash and grab was the easy way for the thieves.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeymike88

Latest threads

Top Bottom