• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • tallen702

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 3, 2012
    In the boonies of MoCo
    Lets just say once I am done welding this, AM Shooting has a much more secure security door.

dNZviEU.jpg
    That's fantastic, Scotty. I was just in there earlier this week to buy some ammo and give Alex a heads-up that I would use him for a transfer if I won an auction (and I did!). I was glad to hear Alex say he had no plans to leave Damascus even after the robbery. He's a good dude.

scottyfz6

Ultimate Member
    Dec 22, 2018
    Well all the security upgrades at AM shooting are done. I obviously wont go in to details. But here is the inside view of what I call the jail cell door.

Guys and gals stop by his shop, he can order pretty much anything you want.

0Y8r8xq.jpg

tallen702

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 3, 2012
    In the boonies of MoCo
    Well all the security upgrades at AM shooting are done. I obviously wont go in to details. But here is the inside view of what I call the jail cell door.

Guys and gals stop by his shop, he can order pretty much anything you want.

0Y8r8xq.jpg
    Saw your handiwork first-hand on Tuesday. Went in to do the paperwork on a transfer for two C&R pistols that I won at an in-state Auction. Alex was having a busy morning!

When I go back next week to pick them up, I'm going to have him order me a more modern pistol as I do so.

scottyfz6

Ultimate Member
    Dec 22, 2018
    Saw your handiwork first-hand on Tuesday. Went in to do the paperwork on a transfer for two C&R pistols that I won at an in-state Auction. Alex was having a busy morning!

When I go back next week to pick them up, I'm going to have him order me a more modern pistol as I do so.
    You only saw it assembled not completely done and welded. But it looks very serious if you ask me, it should give people a second thought about trying to get in.

ShafTed

Ultimate Member
    Mar 21, 2013
    Juuuuust over the line
    Just from the picture, I can see a way to get through those doors in < 5 minutes. There's also an easy solution. Obviously I'm not going to say anything on an open forum. I'm tied up at Chantilly all day Sunday we can talk more at the club on Monday.

scottyfz6

Ultimate Member
    Dec 22, 2018
    Just from the picture, I can see a way to get through those doors in < 5 minutes. There's also an easy solution. Obviously I'm not going to say anything on an open forum. I'm tied up at Chantilly all day Sunday we can talk more at the club on Monday.
    Well it is not designed to be a vault, its designed to slow someone down. Its one of a few layers of security. Even slowing some one down 3 mins is good. Its also gonna slow the help out of smash and grab thieves.

4g64loser

Bad influence
    Jan 18, 2007
    maryland
    This needs a bit of revision. I suspect shafted is seeing the same stuff. He'll steer you right.

I made the "cage" for a friend's spot and also the window cages and steel blocking plates for another guys place. There are ways to make the job of the thief a lot harder.

ShafTed

Ultimate Member
    Mar 21, 2013
    Juuuuust over the line
    Talked to Scott, it turns out that picture is not quite shown in the final, fully deployed situation. He was already aware of what we were seeing, and had implemented a proper solution that just wasn't shown in the picture. All good.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeymike88

Latest threads

Top Bottom