• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Neot

Ultimate Member
    Mar 11, 2009
    South County
    The Armalite Generation II mags are I think 150 for 5 right now on Armalite's site. They are based around the M14 mags and the ones I have are freaking bomb proof. I've beat them up and they keep on ticking.
    http://www.armalite.com/Categories.aspx?Category=2bea26bc-fb03-4d9b-a3af-d035408f5cf6
    Looks like (5) magazines of 5, 10, 15, or 20 rds are 150 and 25 rounders are 200. You can sometimes find them cheaper different places though but that's generally the best deal going. The AR10A guns are the ones that use the SR25/Magpul mags and the AR10B's are the ones that use the steel mags based on the M14 mags.

Weber

USMC
    Oct 12, 2009
    Elkton, MD
    Building your own, MA-TEN is a great choice and great product!

DSCN0806.jpg

Weber

USMC
    Oct 12, 2009
    Elkton, MD
    No, the one in the pic is a rainier one.

I didn't like th fit on the ultra match barrel, so I changed it to a different style.

MuzzleBrake.jpg

Not a good pic, but you can kind of see the other one installed.

e23889cb.jpg

Weber

USMC
    Oct 12, 2009
    Elkton, MD
    Parts list?

MA-TEN billet upper and lower set
    Rainer arms, DPMS bcg
    Spike lower parts kit, with a Weber trigger job.
    KNS pins
    Rainier arms ultra match 24" SS barrel 1:10 with DPMS ext.
    Daniel Defense AR10 lite rail 12" DPMS barrel nut
    VLTOR flash hider
    DMPS buffer and spring
    Ergo grip
    Rainier arms ultra match Low profile gas block.
    MagPul PRS stock
    LaRue Tactical Scope mount LT104
    Cheap Simmons 6x24 scope with mil dots
    MagPul back up sights
    MagPul sling adapter and sling
    Cheap bipod for now

That's about it I believe, off the top of my head...

Indiana Jones

Wolverine
    Mar 18, 2011
    CCN
    I've decided, this build is gonna wait until a few months I've gotten really good at reloading. Isn't .308 pretty bad like everything right now?

sailskidrive

Legalize the Constitution
    Oct 16, 2011
    Route 27
    I picked up a lifetime supply of Spanish Santa Barbara a few years a go for $4 a box at one of the shows at the equestrian center. The Tula and Brwn Bear are fine for 100 yards and under, just don't expect better than a 8 inch group at 200 yards.

DaedalEVE

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jul 31, 2008
    The Dictatorship of Maryland
    So what's better DPMS/knights/stoner mags or AR10? I still don't get the difference.
    This should be a huge help to you, and answer pretty much any questions or confusion you have: http://308ar.com/compatibility.htm
    http://308ar.com/parts.htm

So basically you have two different specs going on here... the AR10 and the LR308. So when talking about parts compatibility you are usually dealing with one or the other. Then you get things like the LaRue OBR where the upper/lower design is totally proprietary and incompatible with either AR10 or LR308.

I went with the LR308 spec myself simply because there seems to be better part availability and compatibility (ie: it's just easier), though I find the AR10 upper/lower to be far more sexy.

Weber

USMC
    Oct 12, 2009
    Elkton, MD
    This should be a huge help to you, and answer pretty much any questions or confusion you have: http://308ar.com/compatibility.htm
    http://308ar.com/parts.htm

So basically you have two different specs going on here... the AR10 and the LR308. So when talking about parts compatibility you are usually dealing with one or the other. Then you get things like the LaRue OBR where the upper/lower design is totally proprietary and incompatible with either AR10 or LR308.

I went with the LR308 spec myself simply because there seems to be better part availability and compatibility (ie: it's just easier), though I find the AR10 upper/lower to be far more sexy.

That's where the MA-TEN sines in my opinion.

The use pmags, and uses standard ar15 parts.

mega2.jpg

Mega1.jpg

DSCN0676.jpg

DSCN0679.jpg

sailskidrive

Legalize the Constitution
    Oct 16, 2011
    Route 27
    I like the MA-TEN; MEGA did a really nice job w/ the receivers.

Have you had any issues with light primer strikes using standard AR15 spring set?

Weber

USMC
    Oct 12, 2009
    Elkton, MD
    I like the MA-TEN; MEGA did a really nice job w/ the receivers.

Have you had any issues with light primer strikes using standard AR15 spring set?

Nope, not one failure.

I'm using the lighter JP springs, and have not had to cut the hammer. I run that on all my AR's and have not had to cut any of them. I have heard others always cut the hammer down.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    dracula

Latest threads

Top Bottom