• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • RAF

MDS Supporter
    Dec 24, 2012
    About the only decent thing about SF is that it isn't busy the times I've went in there. :D I'm usually prepared for their BS.

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    There is also the National Range Owners Association (or something similar). They have lots of information on setting up and running a range.

Haides

Ultimate Member
    Oct 12, 2012
    Glen Burnie
    There's a closed old Wal-Mart building in Glen Burnie that would make a great indoor range...

I have been saying this practically since they moved the Wal-Mart lol.

I would love it if they built one there, right now you can either take the drive out to OnTarget or take your chances at Select Fire.

Funny thing is, I've never actually had a bad experience with Select Fire. I've never bought anything, only used the range, but what interaction I did have with the guys behind the counter has usually been just fine; a little awkward at worst.

My favorite part- it's always empty. ;)

Merlin

Ultimate Member
    Dec 31, 2009
    Carroll County, Maryland
    I heard all about a while ago. Do you know Scott? He is a great guy and will do whatever he can to help you. Prices are so so but the lanes are nice, he usually has lot's of goodies in stock and the whole place is totally professional.

I know Scott from being a member and I talk to him when he is not surrounded. I can't say enough good things about FA. Much better people to deal with then any range in MD.

I know what the rent is on the old Wal-Mart building (my Step-father is one of the owners) and you would have to sell ammo at "cheaper than dirt" prices to keep the doors open.:sad20:

I've been eyeing the old Mac truck place in Severn for awhile,but I can't imagine what the lease would be on that.

Haides

Ultimate Member
    Oct 12, 2012
    Glen Burnie
    I know what the rent is on the old Wal-Mart building (my Step-father is one of the owners) and you would have to sell ammo at "cheaper than dirt" prices to keep the doors open.:sad20:

Well I guess we know why it's still empty then...

mdcktt21

Jan 25, 2013
    Central MD
    Yeah,for the sq.footage it would have to be a big retailer and most of them are already established in the area.Last rumor I heard was Michael's crafts but they didn't want the whole place.

That would be the world's largest Michael's! I shudder to think of being dragged there and walking it's smelly aisles for all eternity. That's my hell.

The Watcher

Armed and Medicated
    May 6, 2013
    Upperco, MD
    Is there an indoor range in Reisterstown? I've heard of one. But, that is all.

I know of the Continental Range in Timonium. I just heard about them Sunday.

And, there used to be an indoor range north of Belair. It might still be there.

R1Peacock

Jan 8, 2013
    Carroll County, MD
    It would be great to have an indoor range in the Westminster area. There are plenty of empty buildings but unfortunately most are in the incorporated limits of Westminster City. Fortunately in Carroll County you can pretty much blast away if you have a safe backstop. Where I live just about everyone shoots on their own property.

Haides

Ultimate Member
    Oct 12, 2012
    Glen Burnie
    Agreed. It's probably perfect inside since it's been sitting empty for so long. I would be willing to bet it's rather derelict.

The place is probably huge enough for two fields. Heck, you could probably build a second floor inside of the place too. The possibilities are endless...

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nelsonbencasey

Latest threads

Top Bottom