• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bobbo

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Oct 21, 2011
    I didn't dump go back and read from the beginning I gave other outlets for training.

travistheone

Usual Suspect
    Dec 11, 2008
    cockeysville
    WTF does that even mean? :crazy:

It means that LEA and military units choose Colt due to quality. Yes reputation and purchasing agreements play a part.

Windham is a great gun for a person that just wants to own a gun. But for a few hundred bucks you get a Colt that you can own and shoot hard for a long long time.

zoostation

, ,
    Jan 28, 2007
    Abingdon
    Not directed at any one person in particular, but let's all be nice. We all have our opinions. No need to make enemies over hypotheticals. Every time I see one of these "best AR brand" threads I just know it's going to devolve into a shit show. There's no need for it.

travistheone

Usual Suspect
    Dec 11, 2008
    cockeysville
    Let's all be nice. We all have our opinions. No need to make enemies over hypotheticals. Every time I see one of these "best AR brand" threads I just know it's going to devolve into a shit show. There's no need for it.

I am as (or more) guilty of this than anyone.

I was just thinking about why we get all uptight about brands?

One side is offended that someone thinks their gun is junk, the other side is offended that folks think their junk is nice.

Seems weird that it is so emotionally charged.

zoostation

, ,
    Jan 28, 2007
    Abingdon
    3rd on the stag. Price falls between the Colt and windham. Very high quality.

I like Stags. My opinion, and it's just my opinion, is if you don't want to or can't spring for a Colt then get a Stag. The one thing about the Colt though is you'll never lose much money or have trouble selling it if you decide you don't like it for some reason. Just my .02.

inkd

Ultimate Member
    Aug 4, 2009
    Ridge
    Not directed at any one person in particular, but let's all be nice. We all have our opinions. No need to make enemies over hypotheticals. Every time I see one of these "best AR brand" threads I just know it's going to devolve into a shit show. There's no need for it.

And it wasn't even really a best AR thread. Just a choice between A and B.

protegeV

Ready to go
    Apr 3, 2011
    TX
    And it wasn't even really a best AR thread. Just a choice between A and B.

Come on now. You know every time theres an "A or B" thread on mds, the inevitable result is a contentious debate over C through Z. ;)

inkd

Ultimate Member
    Aug 4, 2009
    Ridge
    Come on now. You know every time theres an "A or B" thread on mds, the inevitable result is a contentious debate over C through Z. ;)

Very true. I almost feel bad for someone new to the board asking a question like that cause I know it's going to go waaaay off course.

44man

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    southern md
    i have a couple windhams and several colts.if it were me, looking for a budget ar oit would be the windham. plenty good rifle at a good price.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    dracula

Latest threads

Top Bottom