• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Boats

Broken Member
    Mar 13, 2012
    Howeird County
    Brownings are better out of the box. Rugers have more aftermarket stuff that can make them better than any Browning. Thats basically what I have experienced.

My 6.8" barreled Ruger can hit the 3" clanger at 100yds all day. Offhand without a scope. But I had to promise my firstborn to Volquartsen to do it.

o4twinpeaks

Dec 17, 2011
    I love the mkIII

If you are in harford co stop by horst and mccann they have a buckmark that just came in the rental case and see mark on tue wed or thur for a sweet shooting mkIII . you can shoot them side by side to see what you like.

ea689c

Mar 26, 2012
    Sterling, VA
    I got the Buck Mark because the grip is similar to a Hi Power and much better (IMO) than the Ruger. It is also much easier to clean.

Ironsighter

It's "Citizen," not "Civilian"
    May 10, 2011
    Down South
    Another poster made a great point: consider the Smith & Wesson 22A. It's a really accurate pistol with a nice trigger for around $300 and has a rail if you want to put optics on it. Takedown is pretty simple, especially compared to the Ruger. Rugers are fine firearms, but the takedown of Rugers has been a longtime complaint from even their fans.

The Buckmark is a neat firearm too. Again, echoing another poster, with either the stock barrel or one from Tactical Solutions, you get a really wonderful trigger on an accurate pistol. It takes down very easily too.

krashmania

Still dont know anything
    Feb 6, 2011
    churchville
    I have a mkiii 22/45 that I absolutely love. Honestly, the takedown isn't difficult once you do it a couple times. I've put 700 rounds through it in a couple range sessions, and it's run perfectly. Plan on running another 4-600 tomorrow morning.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    dracula

Latest threads

Top Bottom