• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

fightinbluhen51

"Quack Pot Call Honker"
    Oct 31, 2008
    I don't buy that for a second. One can't do what you've done for as long and as well as you've done it and be considered an amateur practitioner of obfuscation. ;)

"Two weeks!"

It'll come when it's ready. I don't say that just to continue to be coy (well, it's part of it :innocent0) but we won't sit on it any longer than necessary. Promise.

I sure as hell hope it's the announcement of a streamlined application process after the stay is permanently dissolved w/o a new one issued from CA4. But that's just me (and my speculation).

fightinbluhen51

"Quack Pot Call Honker"
    Oct 31, 2008
    These suppositions should be afforded no weight as they
    are the mere guesswork of officials of the very government which seeks to enforce this
    unconstitutional provision. Ironically, these same officials are afforded the
    opportunity to obtain a permit without showing a “good and substantial reason.”

OWWWWWWWWWW

This seems like a home run...but I am reminded of Harry Kerry. "That ball is hit to deep right field...is it fair or foul? IT IS!" Meaning, don't forget, this is still a best guess with the motions panel.

lx1x

Peanut Gallery
    Apr 19, 2009
    Maryland
    This is where I really have to try to be devil's advocate in my own head, because I read something like this and truly can't see how CA4 could give gansler a stay.

thats my gut feeling too..but been wrong before.. :innocent0

Knuckle66

One of the 365
    Mar 11, 2012
    Hagerstown
    Heller recognized an individual right to self defense through ownership of an
    operable handgun. The right is one of self defense – not defense of home or property.
    Naturally, the right to defend one’s personal safety and security travels with the
    Appeal: 12-1437 Doc: 60 Filed: 07/31/2012 Pg: 16 of 41
    person. It is absurd to suggest, as the defense must, that one’s life and physical safety
    are somehow less important in public than at home.

I LOVE IT!!!!

MJD438

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2012
    Somewhere in MD
    In its desperation, the State effectively threatens potential violence
    and harassment by the police as grounds to deny citizens their constitutional rights.

I must admit to enjoying reading these briefs from Gura!

ezliving

Besieger
    Oct 9, 2008
    Undisclosed Secure Location
    Anyone catch the HUGE typo yet?

page 34/41

Defendants contend that they will suffer irreparable injuries in the absence of a stay of the district court’s ruling. Defendants offer three agreements in support of this contention:
    -----
    After reading Gura's brief, I can't imagine the state winning a stay.

It's just as hard to imagine the 4th overturning Judge Legg's decision.

Dklo

Dec 20, 2011
    I'm looking forward to the oral arguments this fall, I see it going something like this

Gansler: "When he went, had you gone, and had she, if she wanted to and were able, for the time being excluding all the restraints, including good and substantial on her not to go also, would he have brought you, meaning you and she, with him to the station?"

Gura: "Objection, that question should be taken out and shot!"

nomo613

Nov 24, 2010
    pikesville
    Police officers upholstering their weapons?
    I like flocked satin, myself.

yup my dad caught that one. but how about this?

"First, there is no harm to the Defendants in granting a stay"

my father commented that the papers were "artfully drafted"

GTOGUNNER

IANAL, PATRIOT PICKET!!
    Patriot Picket
    Dec 16, 2010
    Carroll County!
    Considering the court only gave them the weekend to reply. I think it is a great response. Kudos to Gura , Hansel and staff.:thumbsup:

eyesinpines

Mar 4, 2011
    I have a question.

We debated ad nauseum about why it took Judge Legg so long to decide whether or not to lift the stay. Many [myself included] were perplexed why it took "forever", and of course our legal experts explained many times why "forever" actually wasn't.

My question therefore is should we expect a similar "forever" for CA4 to decide upon the stay, or to expect a magical sprinkling of pixie dust to provide a decision by August 8th?

It certainly seems ridiculous to think we could have a stay decision by CA4 within 7 days, given how reasonable were Judge Leggs very lenghty deliberations!

ezliving

Besieger
    Oct 9, 2008
    Undisclosed Secure Location
    I'm one of the people who do not trust the MSP outright from their demonstrated behavior ;)
    Like requiring a signed release allowing the MSP to charter a fishing expedition through innumerable private records, including medical records, for time ad infinitum, just to be permitted to exercise a fundamental constitutional right. Is that the kind of behavior being referred to?

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JackW

Latest threads

Top Bottom