Breaking! Federal Court Finds California Magazine Ban Violates the Second Amendment

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • delaware_export

Ultimate Member
    Apr 10, 2018
    My read was that he basically returned the status quo, overall, as it existed before to the 2016 law.

Except maybe some of new mags. Not understanding how that part plays out. It sounds like they may be ok, but I am not a lawyer.

platoonDaddy

Ultimate Member
    Jun 30, 2011
    SouthOfBalto
    IT IS HEREBY FURTHER ORDERED that the permanent injunction
    enjoining enforcement of California Penal Code § 32310 (a) and (b) shall remain in
    effect for those persons and business entities who have manufactured, imported,
    sold, or bought magazines able to hold more than 10 rounds between the entry of
    this Court’s injunction on March 29, 2019 and 5:00 p.m., Friday, April 5, 2019.
    Dated: April 4, 2019

http://michellawyers.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/04/2019-04-04-Order-Staying-in-Part-Judgment-Pending-Appeal.pdf

HaveBlue

HaveBlue
    Dec 4, 2014
    Virginia
    It’s probably the right move. It’s sad that we have to be so defensive. Sometimes it comes across as a lack of conviction.

Last edited:

ironpony

MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Davidsonville
    Looks to me like every single gun owner in Cali has :

" manufactured, imported,
    sold, or bought magazines able to hold more than 10 rounds between the entry of
    this Court’s injunction on March 29, 2019 and 5:00 p.m., Friday, April 5, 2019.
    Dated: April 4, 2019"

Just sayin'

TexDefender

Ultimate Member
    Feb 28, 2017
    The way I read this is the judge is allowing the California Penal Code § 32310 (a) and (b) to become effective once again at 5:00 p.m., Friday, April 5, 2019. However, those persons and business entities who have manufactured, imported, sold, or bought magazines able to hold more than 10 rounds between the entry of his Court’s injunction on March 29, 2019 and 5:00 p.m., Friday, April 5, 2019, may keep their new property?

danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    google is your friend, I am not.
    The way I read this is the judge is allowing the California Penal Code § 32310 (a) and (b) to become effective once again at 5:00 p.m., Friday, April 5, 2019. However, those persons and business entities who have manufactured, imported, sold, or bought magazines able to hold more than 10 rounds between the entry of his Court’s injunction on March 29, 2019 and 5:00 p.m., Friday, April 5, 2019, may keep their new property?

Looks that way. I foresee a lot of emergency road trips to a border state in the next few hours.

Dogmeat

Ultimate Member
    Apr 5, 2013
    Montgomery County, MD
    By issuing the stay on purchase, but leaving it in place for possession, he has in effect made the CA law and the MD law the same. Thus, if CA just chooses to fight to keep the purchase part illeagl, and wins, it sets up a definitive split in identical laws, between the 9th and the 4th. Can that be the Judges intention? One can only wonder...

Maestro Pistolero

Mar 20, 2012
    What about magazines that were ordered and shipped . . .

. . . before the stay but that have not been received by the Friday deadline?

danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    google is your friend, I am not.
    Well, based on my emails, there is still time.

mail

mail

whistlersmother

Peace through strength
    Jan 29, 2013
    Fulton, MD
    What about magazines that were ordered and shipped before the stay but that have not been received by the Friday deadline?
    From the vendors, it would appear they think the person takes possession when the order is placed.

What's the parts of acquiring when you possess it but have not yet taken delivery?

I wonder what happens if law is ultimately upheld - all those mags would presumably have to be turned in or destroyed.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

delaware_export

Ultimate Member
    Apr 10, 2018
    Just as an aside, I’d be interested in the numbers of mags >30 cap.

In the ruling, the judge discussed common use then questioned 50-100 cap mags

Maybe the rest of us should stock up! Get the numbers of before some fed thing goes full nutso

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    Uhhm ... what mags? :innocent0
    If we're playing that game, this entire charade is meaningless. Go buy your mags over the border in NV, and then bring them back in your trunk and hide them. You can feel good about how you've got a bunch of mags you can never use in public or semi-public situations for fear of getting busted. That stay was important to Californians in order to be able to get real use out of their magazines. This isn't like in MD where possession isn't banned.

Now, that said, everyone who DID have standard-caps is gonna be able to go out to play with them and claim they were bought legally during the pseudo-amnesty, at least until some other court goes and reverses this decision (which I think is likely, but not a certainty). But when that reversal happens, every single person in Cali is gonna have to decide whether to get those mags out of state/in-the-garbage or keep them. You can be damned sure the state is gonna be issuing subpoenas to the big retailers to see who those mags were mailed to, and playing dumb is only gonna work so long.

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    Bet this is really happening and not just a meme.

Attachments

• 0a.jpg
      0a.jpg
      99.9 KB · Views: 215

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Millebar

Latest threads