Breaking! Federal Court Finds California Magazine Ban Violates the Second Amendment

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • delaware_export

Ultimate Member
    Apr 10, 2018
    careful now. you dishonor corksuckers!!!! and they're in california ;)

that said, if no one is shipping to cali, then there is no reason for a stay. no "irreparable harm" is being done.

hmmmm... i wonder if they are asking shippers to interfere with packages, or attempting to? that would seem like a cali thing to do.

What dishonorable c*cksuckers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    google is your friend, I am not.
    Senate Judiciary committee just advanced two 9th circuit nominees (Kenneth Lee and Daniel Collins) to the floor for a vote.

2 more in the pipeline.

Meanwhile the airdrop continues. Surely many people have their order delivered by now.

delaware_export

Ultimate Member
    Apr 10, 2018
    The guy tRump put up last week was an anti gun ex Hawaiian ag. What was he thinking?

Wonder where these 2 are on the 2a spectrum?

Senate Judiciary committee just advanced two 9th circuit nominees (Kenneth Lee and Daniel Collins) to the floor for a vote.

2 more in the pipeline.

Meanwhile the airdrop continues. Surely many people have their order delivered by now.

Mike OTDP

Ultimate Member
    Feb 12, 2008
    "No evidence" my foot! Every high-cap magazine in inventory is headed to California.

CrabcakesAndFootball

Jun 14, 2017
    Last edited:

delaware_export

Ultimate Member
    Apr 10, 2018

danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    google is your friend, I am not.

Kharn

Ultimate Member
    Mar 9, 2008
    Hazzard County
    A stay has been issued by the district court, effective 5pm Friday, limited only to purchasing of magazines. The possession ban is still unable to be enforced.

The judge has some words why, and that the state is not likely to prevail on appeal.

Attachments

• 2019-04-04-Order-Staying-in-Part-Judgment-Pending-Appeal.pdf
      168 KB · Views: 172

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    I'm disappointed in that ruling. Basically, the judge has stayed everything about the order except he gave folks 1 week to break the law AGAIN. No stay should have been granted.

redeye

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Feb 13, 2019
    A stay has been issued by the district court, effective 5pm Friday, limited only to purchasing of magazines. The possession ban is still unable to be enforced.

The judge has some words why, and that the state is not likely to prevail on appeal.

The CADOJ probably threatened to murder him and his entire family.

No, I’m not kidding. I’m 100% serious.

Allen65

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 29, 2013
    Anne Arundel County
    I'm disappointed in that ruling. Basically, the judge has stayed everything about the order except he gave folks 1 week to break the law AGAIN. No stay should have been granted.

Based on his reasoning in his decision, I have some trust he knows what he's doing.

By issuing his own stay on part of the decision, he effectively short-circuits an probable attempt by CA to get the 9th to stay the whole decision, which would have allowed CA to immediately begin prosecution of anyone possessing standard capacity magazines.

Disappointing, yes. But probably for the best for CA firearm owners in the long run. One way or another, the issue is going to play out in 9CA and possibly SCOTUS. The district judge's actions helps him maintain some control over what happens during that process.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Jtlambo

Latest threads

Top Bottom