• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • n1hook

Feb 28, 2010
    Parkville
    The bigger issue is apparent compliance with the 20 block violation of the 4th Amendment in boston because the police guessed that the suspect was in a home? So armored cars with machine guns mounted swat forcing homeowners out of their homes at gunpoint.....remind anyone of the British in the 1700's.

A warrant is required that specifies the person or thing to be seized...the Constitution cannot be voided on government say so that is established law.

In Boston it was a homeowner that discovered the suspect and outside the area searched, in MD/DC when the sniper was active he passed through at least one if not more police checkpoints again it was a citizen at a Frederick MD rest stop that identified the vehicle and called police

The fbi database had the 1st suspects name in it as being on a terror watch list yet there are so many names in that database they can't watch them all.

Yet on this forum and elsewhere the illegal search of homes gets a free ride, the homeland security chief says what happened in Boston is a model to be repeated...

What has this forum and attorneys said in the recent past if stopped in your vehicle by police don't consent to a search and don't get in a conversation with police beyond drivers license registration insurance...yet there are those who give a pass to homes being searched at gunpoint.

Mr H

Banana'd
    I wonder if anyone in the cordon refused to consent to a warrantless search, and if so what happened??

Also, if any 'troops' were stationed in any of the homes (or even on the property), wouldn't that be a 3d Amendment violation??

StanW

Hooligan #8
    Dec 18, 2012
    Western MD
    doucebag2_zpsce8cfe8c.png

gamer_jim

Podcaster
    Feb 12, 2008
    Hanover, PA
    Bloomberg Says:

“Look, we live in a very dangerous world. We know there are people who want to take away our freedoms. New Yorkers probably know that as much if not more than anybody else after the terrible tragedy of 9/11,” he said.

I have a question for him:

Sir, do you have a mirror?

STFU Bloomberg. You have no right to talk about anyone else wanting to take away freedom and give me back my big gulp.

He's invoking the "I'm for the 2nd Amendment but.." argument. It's to appease the hunters in NY.

JohnnyE

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 18, 2013
    MoCo
    I just wonder if and when the media, which so vigorously defends the first amendment, finally awakens to the fact that an attack on any part of the Constitution is an attack on every part of the Constitution. Once you start down that slippery slope, there's no turning back. I'm not holding by breath.

gmhowell

Not Banned Yet
    Nov 28, 2011
    Monkey County
    Seems like there are quite a few folks on MDS that agree with him according to many posts in the ongoing Boston threads regarding the actions of LEOs/MIL and authorities in the following days after the bombing. Whether it's the 2nd or the 4th amendments, once you set the precedent that they can be ignored, you're going down the path that they WILL be ignored. Can't have it both ways.

It's no surprise that there are many statists on MDS, especially if it is 'their guy' in the catbird seat.

Feb 28, 2013
    This guy is honestly nuts. I mean I'm not just saying that because he's rabidly on the other side of the gun control debate. The guy just comes off as a complete control freak who has some unceasing compulsion to force others to follow his direction 24/7.

Of course. This is what makes liberals what they are. It simply isn't enough to control just THEIR corner of the country. Gotta make life miserable for the rest of us too.

Ever hear of the War of Northern Aggression...which I have come to know Yankees call the U.S. Civil War? Most Southerners were not slave-owners but merely country folk who didn't give a two-bit fvck how they did things in NY City or D.C. and didn't particularly like overpaying for home goods due to Yankee industry-subsidizing trade tariffs NOR their own state or local laws trumped by city slickers interested in exporting their own social visions and lining their greedy pockets with Dixie dollars.

Well, round 2 may be coming, and the polarizing likes of this Bloomturd character along with Andrew "no one needs 10 boolits to kill a deeah" Cuomo are bobsledding us towards it.

Hopalong

Man of Many Nicknames
    Jun 28, 2010
    Howard County
    As much as I hate to adit it, Moneybags Mike is right. He really is. Our interpretation of the Constitution should be updated to reflect modern times. It's the common sense thing to do.

The one part he got wrong was the tense. I doesn't need to happen, it's happened already. Maybe you've heard of a pair of Supreme Court decisions called DC vs. Heller in 2008 and McDonald vs. Chicago in 2010. I know I have. He must have missed the memo.

I love it when we can use their own words against them. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Millebar

Latest threads

Top Bottom