• Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Feb 28, 2013
    I haven't used a CB in 20 years. I forgot how useful they are. Might have to get one. Any suggestions as to brand?

Cobra was popular. I had Radio Shack boxes. They worked.

Cobras are still popular, as is the Galaxy. I had a Radio Shack TRC-446 that worked well for a long time. It was my first squawk box from when I started truckin' for a living 12 yrs ago.

I recommend 'em with weather band.

Mdeng

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Nov 13, 2009
    Virginia
    I haven't used a CB in 20 years. I forgot how useful they are. Might have to get one. Any suggestions as to brand?

It's been about 20 years for me as well. I do remember using Ranger radios when I was driving Cross Country Tractor Trailer. With the right set up and ham radio lic, you could really reach out with it.

Communication has come a long way.

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    Yes, to break into a conversation on channel 19.

Bingo.

Had radio's in my roll-backs and they were always on channel 19 - great source of info (such as traffic and weigh-stations open/closed, and entertainment).

Dump-truck drivers were hilarious.

Ran cobra's as well.

Feb 28, 2013
    We usually refer to 19 as the "kiddie channel". Hang out near any truck stop and you'll see why before long.

Don't use the term "good buddy" or you'll declared a homosexual, on par with the guys who like to constantly remind folks that they are not currently wearing womens' underwear. These idiots like to say in whisper "I don't have any panties on". :sad20:

A while back there was some dummy who would hang along 95 in Edgewood who called himself "Sticky Buns". I used to hear him hollering for that "Big Baloney pony" all the time. :sad20:

"Commercial company" is the euphemism for prostitute. I used to have fun with the lot lizards in Breezewood PA that would come on and ask potential tricks to go other channels. I would follow 'em to the next channel, and say "don't do it, driver. She's a cop." The reaction was always hilarious. :lol2:

About 8 years ago some poor idiot got murdered out there, a transvestite trying to do likewise. I guess he was only interested in what you can do with your clothes still on, but then the guy found out what he was and didn't take too kindly to it. Play stupid games, win stupid prizes I reckon. :sad20:

byf43

SCSC Life/NRA Patron Life
    I had a Cobra radio with several bands other than CB, including U/L Sideband, FM and a couple of others.

Took it out of my old truck, and can't remember where I stored it. :shrug:

It was a nice radio.

Still have a Lafayette "625" and "525" (with 'Power Mics) in the basement, at my parents' house.
    Those old 23 channel radios would 'talk'.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JackW

Latest threads

Top Bottom