• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    google is your friend, I am not.
    I think not voting is better than voting unfavorable.

In a strange way I think it might be a good sign. They don't want to kill it. They don't want to stick their neck out either (as if people will actually not vote for incumbent Dems in this state, right?).

So they will stick it in the drawer for next year.

WeaponsCollector

EXTREME GUN OWNER
    Mar 30, 2009
    Southern MD
    As if some wannabe tyrant in the MD legislature is going to tell me when or where I can and can't exercise my right to keep and BEAR arms. Not going to happen. But good luck with SB100 though, you're going to need it!

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    You are not wrong - you are 100% right. I wish more people recognized that this is not a pro-gun bill.
    This bill is fine. The magic hypothetical follow-on bill would not be. Therefore, I will support this bill, and oppose the completely-hypothetical bill you think is coming. Personally, I don't even understand this scenario to begin with - why not just go whole-hog all at once? Why the two steps? It reeks of being a conspiracy theory.

I see no particular reason to oppose a good bill because of completely unsubstantiated fears. BGOS at its finest. We got a win, let's take it. I don't care where it's from. Is it really smart for our side to oppose good bills because we don't like someone? That seems real stupid to me.

I see where you're coming from, but we've been getting killed by committee desk drawer vetoes for a long, long time. Those vetoes were not necessarily because the bills would have been successful, but rather because Frosh et al wanted to screw us as fast as possible. It's a sign of progress when we get our bills to a vote.

Xander

Dec 6, 2010
    This bill is fine. The magic hypothetical follow-on bill would not be. Therefore, I will support this bill, and oppose the completely-hypothetical bill you think is coming. Personally, I don't even understand this scenario to begin with - why not just go whole-hog all at once? Why the two steps? It reeks of being a conspiracy theory.

I see no particular reason to oppose a good bill because of completely unsubstantiated fears. BGOS at its finest. We got a win, let's take it. I don't care where it's from. Is it really smart for our side to oppose good bills because we don't like someone? That seems real stupid to me.

I see where you're coming from, but we've been getting killed by committee desk drawer vetoes for a long, long time. Those vetoes were not necessarily because the bills would have been successful, but rather because Frosh et al wanted to screw us as fast as possible. It's a sign of progress when we get our bills to a vote.

I am not a battered gun owner. I don't know what bill I purportedly think is coming, because SB 614 is bad enough. I also don't know what "two steps" you are referring to.

Read what Engage submitted to the MSP and what was subsequently filed in court. If SB 614 passes, I guarantee you the MSP will try to use it in the Engage litigation to its benefit. I really can't be any more specific because I don't not want to give away litigation strategy. You are, of course, entitled to your opinion, but please at least consider the possibility that others may have information that you do not.

rambling_one

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 19, 2007
    Bowie, MD
    No movement on SB100, so far.

Received the following after emailing the SJPC seeking a favorable report:

Thank you for contacting my Maryland Senate office. We are currently receiving a high volume of emails and cannot immediately respond to your specific concerns. However, I want to assure you that we review every message and take email correspondence seriously. My office will respond to you in the near future. If the matter needs immediate attention, please call my office at (301) 858-3745.

Sincerely,

Victor Ramirez

mxrider

Former MSI Treasurer
    Aug 20, 2012
    Edgewater, MD
    Received the following after emailing the SJPC seeking a favorable report:

Thank you for contacting my Maryland Senate office. We are currently receiving a high volume of emails and cannot immediately respond to your specific concerns. However, I want to assure you that we review every message and take email correspondence seriously. My office will respond to you in the near future. If the matter needs immediate attention, please call my office at (301) 858-3745.

Sincerely,

Victor Ramirez

That is great! Everyone Keep Up the Pressure!

moojersey

Sic Semper Tyrannis
    Sep 7, 2013
    Cecil County
    I spoke to Senator Wayne's office. He is my rep. They said they are hearing that Senator Zirkin's office is getting a lot of emails and calls for SB100. Good job everyone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gryphon

inveniam viam aut faciam
    Patriot Picket
    Mar 8, 2013
    Just left a voice message and sent an email to Zirkin's office. Keep it up.

hodgepodge

Senior Member (Gold)
    Sep 3, 2009
    Arnold, MD
    Just sent a letter to the Senate committee, Included a link to Mr. McCauley's testimony.

Having it playing in the background as I typed was awesome.

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    It's dead. The committee is ok with profiling based on the use of a civil and constitutional right

It's a non-issue, states do not actively share carry permit information nationally, and it is definitely not tied to license plate data on a single vehicle.

And it was not the PC for the Tampa driver stop.

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011

In a strange way I think it might be a good sign. They don't want to kill it. They don't want to stick their neck out either (as if people will actually not vote for incumbent Dems in this state, right?).

So they will stick it in the drawer for next year.

Sticking the bill in the desk drawer does not guarantee the bill will be refiled next session.

While not voting can be spun to show they don't care about self defense, an unfavorable vote makes it that much easier to hold them accountable.

This will become more important in the 2017 and 2018 sessions.

LCPIWB

Needs an avatar
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 17, 2011
    Underneath the blimp, Md.
    With all the press Jacqueline is getting, now is about the best chance to see some movement.

I agree, there has been compelling testimony and we are starting to get some traction, I just don't have a lot of faith of those in charge. We still need to fight like hell though.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

IMO, given the testimony on SB100 from Jack & Jacq, along with SNI's map, and all the rest (that is getting favorable press and a good bit of publicity), the committee members would be foolish not to pass it out favorably and make the entire Senate share the heat if it ultimately doesn't pass. If it goes back in the desk drawer un-acted upon or gets a unfavorable vote, the individual committee members (including Brochin) are going to take all the heat on their own.

If the MGA fails to act given the strength of the testimony and lack of any real opposition, Hogan and the new MSP Super can take notice and act accordingly. I think the Dems are making a huge mistake by not getting out in front of this eventuality and putting themselves in a position to take credit for it - just like slots and gambling.

I will be posting the following to as many threads as needed to keep things alive, apologies ahead of time.

Normally I am not one to post "see what i wrote", however I think we should take a page out of the liberal playbook and get to it with the shame game. More than that we need to take advantage of the current activity on social media sites, and internet news sites of Jacqueline's testimony.
    I don't know of any better sites to submit stories to (I only read MDS and Drudgereport), but I attempted to submit the below links to http://drudgereport.com/ in hopes of them getting it on their frontpage to keep up the momentum. I do not know how Drudgereport promotes stores to their frontpage but I encourage all to submit the links to Drudge on the submit box on the frontpage.

Please feel free to take inspiration from the emails I sent. Please at least change up some of the wording if you are going to copy. The teacher can always spot plagiarism.
    I personalized each email to each Delegate and Senator in hopes they will actually read past their name on the first line. Sent extra personalized email to the chairmen of the committees.

Subject: Please read by 3/23 and take action

Honorable Delegate XYZ,

I am writing today to thank you for taking the time to listen to bills in the Judiciary committee that are of concern to me last Tuesday 3/10/2015. I submitted writing testimony on most bills that day, but especially HB432 and HB767. I think you may remember oral testimony given by Jacqueline Kahn. Here is a youtube link of her testimony to the senate Judicial Proceedings committee to refresh your memory https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aD4J1kscK1Q
    If you have been checking your favorite internet news sites you may have even seen the above link. News of this testimony is even making its way across the ocean to other nations. http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ring-demand-right-carry-concealed-weapon.html

Therefore I am kindly requesting that you personally encourage the chairman to bring HB432 and HB767 up for a committee vote, and for you to vote favorably on it. Do you want to be known as the delegate against rape victims, or potential rape victims, your wives, your daughters?

Thank you very much,

LCPIWB
    <Private info redacted>

Subject: Please read by 3/23 and take action

Honorable Senator XYZ,

I am writing today to thank you for taking the time to listen to bills in the Judicial Proceedings committee that are of concern to me last Thursday 3/12/2015. I submitted writing testimony on most bills that day, but especially SB100. I think you may remember oral testimony given by Jacqueline Kahn. Here is a youtube link to refresh your memory https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aD4J1kscK1Q
    If you have been checking your favorite internet sites you may have even seen the above link. News of this testimony is even making its way across the ocean to other nations. http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ring-demand-right-carry-concealed-weapon.html

Therefore I am kindly requesting that you personally encourage the chairman to bring SB100 up for a committee vote, and for you to vote favorably on it. Do you want to be known as the senator against rape victims, or potential rape victims, your wives, your daughters?

Thank you very much,

LCPIWB
    <Private info redacted>

BeoBill

Crank in the Third Row
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 3, 2013
    南馬里蘭州鮑伊
    It's a non-issue, states do not actively share carry permit information nationally...

That's true. The ISACs (like our MCAC) pull it up to the Federal level and circulate it among each other for the state/local po-po or anti-terrorism folks to pull down.

DC-W

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    ️‍

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    dracula