• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • adit

ReMember
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 20, 2013
    DE
    Just looking for another way to screw us.

President Joe Biden will announce the Office of Gun Violence Prevention on Friday and the new office will be coordinated with Mike Bloomberg gun control proponents and others.

According to the Washington Post, “The new office will report up through Stefanie Feldman, the White House staff secretary and a longtime Biden policy aide who has worked on the firearms issue for years.”

Coordination in the office is expected between the “White House, the Community Justice Action Fund and Everytown for Gun Safety.”

Shannon Watts, a Mike Bloomberg affiliate who founded Moms Demand Action, praised the creation of the Office of Gun Violence Prevention, saying, “If this announcement is, in fact, the creation of a single point of leadership on gun violence in the administration, it’s a very big deal for the movement.”

She added, “A governmental focal point dedicated to creating a framework for overseeing national policy, research and resources would be more than symbolic — it would be a significant turning point for the movement.”

On August 31, 2023, Breitbart News reported that Biden’s ATF was using executive rule to expand background checks to the point of nearly being universal.

In a press release that accompanied the announcement of the proposed rule, Attorney General Merrick Garland said:

The Bipartisan Safer Communities Act was passed by Congress to reduce gun violence, including by expanding the background checks that keep guns out of the hands of criminals. This proposed rule implements Congress’s mandate to expand the definition of who must obtain a license and conduct a background check before selling firearms.
    The ATF’s rule will redefine language so that there is not simply a category of Americans buying and selling guns from and to one another — as they have done since 1791 — and a category of Federal Firearms Licensed holders (FFLs) selling guns at retail. Rather, every seller will have to prove he is not trying to make a profit, or he will be required to ensure the purchaser undergoes a background check before taking possession of the firearm.

steveh326

Ultimate Member
    Mar 23, 2012
    Mt. Airy
    our country is already beyond broke. how much is this boondoggle costing? and how can this $$ be allocated without congressional approval? all rhetorical questions, I know...

too many damn agencies already.

KingClown

SOmething Witty
    Jul 29, 2020
    Deep Blue MD
    FJB
    Lucky for us the NM gov is starting to give us precedent for fighting this.
    Its no better than his ministry of truff he tried.
    I really think he wants to create a civil war in this country he seems to be putting alot of effort in it.
    Lets hope if trump gets in he actually does something to directly help gun rights. He campaigns on it and then bans peices of plastic.
    No TDS here and if he gets the nomination I will vote for him. But Id really like to see someone that really supports the 2A. Thats not vivek just a few years ago he was a pretty hardcore DEM. I dont trust him. Desantis is weak too

Ponder_MD

Ultimate Member
    Mar 9, 2020
    Maryland
    The guy whose son lied on Federal gun forms and discarded a loaded handgun in a trashcan near a school, who armed the Taliban with the latest military hardware, who has armed Ukranian civilians to the teeth, wants to create a US government agency solely devoted to subverting the 2nd Amendment.

Jesus wept.

brianns

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 29, 2015
    Montgomery County
    I smell some public-private partnership shenanigans now. Bet Bloombergers, pocket more money with our money feeding their garbage ‘work’.

smokey

2A TEACHER
    Jan 31, 2008
    So our president is creating an office specifically with the directive to infringe on our constitutional rights that he swore an oath to defend? This by itself SHOULD be reason to boot him from office.

"I do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will faithfully execute the Office of President of the United States, and will to the best of my Ability, preserve, protect and defend the Constitution of the United States."

Doctor_M

Certified Mad Scientist
    MDS Supporter
    Bloomberg and constitutional rights...
    1695219821323.png

JohnnyE

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 18, 2013
    MoCo
    I appreciate the thought more than you know... but I doubt it.

His mother is a bleeding-heart Francophile, and his father is an Egghead ;)

I think his heart is in the right place, but I doubt he understands this from our perspective.
    Eggheads as a class aren't hopeless. Mom speaks seven languages, was offered a Fulbright as an undergrad, got a double masters by age 21, was a teacher for 26 years, and carried concealed once it became lawful where she lived.

Mr H

Banana'd
    Eggheads as a class aren't hopeless. Mom speaks seven languages, was offered a Fulbright as an undergrad, got a double masters by age 21, was a teacher for 26 years, and carried concealed once it became lawful where she lived.
    LOL...

He's a little more 'eggy' than that ;)

Forensic Psychiatrist, talented hobbyist musician, and chronic "Yes, Dear" Liberal.

We love him dearly, but in the words of the God-King, "C'mon, Man!"

Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    Tangling up partisan big spender Bloomberg directly into a power seat at the White House. Yeah, that's totally kosher. No way any of Bloomberg's dollars could inadvertently slide around in that mess and wind up in the Big Guy account or anything otherwise untoward.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeymike88

Latest threads

Top Bottom