• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • webb297

Ultimate Member
    Dec 29, 2010
    Bowie
    The context that these people are lacking is that the Amendments were ratified less than 3 years after the completion of a War where regular citizens (militia) utilized their personally owned weapons to support in a very significant way the War to overthrow a King who was seen as a Tyrant.

The Second Amendment does not protect firearms for the purposes of hunting. The Framers could have never imagined a society where it would have needed to, the only food they got was hunted with firearms. The Second Amendment does not protect a persons right to have a firearm for personal protection. They similarly could never have imagined a society where their personal protection was primarily someone else's responsibility.

The Second Amendment clearly states that for the purposes of maintain the Militia (which in the context of the times were ordinary men and women using their personally owned firearms to fight tyrany when required) , the right to Bear Arms shall not be infringed.

rambling_one

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 19, 2007
    Bowie, MD
    Old ploy that I believe the DNC is a part of. He's pushing the edges as far as possible to the left so that anything than less than confiscation, in the end, will be seen as a relief and acceptable by our side.

It’s how they compromise.

TheOriginalMexicanBob

Ultimate Member
    Jul 2, 2017
    Sun City West, AZ
    Beto spilled the beans...the Democrats for decades have denied confiscation is their goal and what they want...now Beto has overturned their apple cart. Many in the leftist media and the Democrat Party are very unhappy about his admission. We all knew it but they've denied it...now they're afraid of the fallout and how it will hurt them.

Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    In the meantime, I’ve already received multiple upside down echos of his “hell yes I’ll take your guns” in the form of emails from vendors with subject lines like, “Hell yes, we’ll ship you ammo for your AR-15!”

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    Although Beto has little chance, all the Dems want confiscation. It’s only a matter of time before we get a Dem President.

shootin the breeze

Missed it by that much
    Dec 22, 2012
    Highland
    Although Beto has little chance, all the Dems want confiscation. It’s only a matter of time before we get a Dem President.

When that happens there likely be nothing left but the cartridge box. If so, I hope there is a defining moment to persuade people to fight so that we may save this country. If not at least we will have died on our feet (in a pile of brass) rather than continue to live on our knees.

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    Beto spilled the beans...the Democrats for decades have denied confiscation is their goal and what they want...now Beto has overturned their apple cart. Many in the leftist media and the Democrat Party are very unhappy about his admission. We all knew it but they've denied it...now they're afraid of the fallout and how it will hurt them.
    I hope they keep up the confiscation talk forcing other Democratic candidates to try to argue that it's not their agenda. In the 1980s, antigun Democrats were convinced that they'd get handguns banned. Chicago and DC moved forward with this premise creating significant handgun restrictions. It was a long hard slog, but this gave us important SC decisions. Politically they've overreached at the national level too with the "assault weapons" ban in the mid 1990s. After 4 decades of controlling the House of Representatives, Democrats lost it in the subsequent midterm election. Better they strongly express their intentions now before they're in a position to legislate so the gun owning public know where they stand before the election.

Mightydog

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Talk about dumbass Beto!

Attachments

• E3171512-F6F0-4F9B-9B5E-395A00067E00.jpg
      E3171512-F6F0-4F9B-9B5E-395A00067E00.jpg
      35.5 KB · Views: 291

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    When that happens there likely be nothing left but the cartridge box. If so, I hope there is a defining moment to persuade people to fight so that we may save this country. If not at least we will have died on our feet (in a pile of brass) rather than continue to live on our knees.

I’m sure we’ll go through the courts first. I believe I am willing to die to defend the concept of our republic. I know others are as well. I’m sure it’s not a small number of people. The question is, how many jack-booted thugs are willing to die to take our guns? I bet it’s not a lot. Most LEO/military are on our side.

shootin the breeze

Missed it by that much
    Dec 22, 2012
    Highland
    I’m sure we’ll go through the courts first. I believe I am willing to die to defend the concept of our republic. I know others are as well. I’m sure it’s not a small number of people. The question is, how many jack-booted thugs are willing to die to take our guns? I bet it’s not a lot. Most LEO/military are on our side.

I agree the courts will be tried but I don’t see them being successful. The dims will ban and then in 5-10 years we get in front of a judge and then just as likely get slapped down. Rinse and repeat at each level of the courts.

randomuser

Ultimate Member
    Nov 12, 2018
    Baltimore County
    I agree the courts will be tried but I don’t see them being successful. The dims will ban and then in 5-10 years we get in front of a judge and then just as likely get slapped down. Rinse and repeat at each level of the courts.
    A 5-10 year window to have to hide your gun or go to prison before finding out that the ban gets reversed isn't a win.
    The next question would be>>>
    If caught with a banned ar15 and going to prison as a felon and having the ban struck down, would you be immediately released from prison? (I wouldn't think so)

That would be a dem victory.

Mr H

Banana'd

Too soon!!

This.

IMO, we have about the traditional 3% of Civilian Patriots willing to lay it ALL out there... but probably another 20% willing to support with action, in addition to the LEO/MIL

Mr H

Banana'd

Dumb question...

Who just got their 150th Federal Judge confirmed and expects to get to 200 by this time next year?

Take your time.

;)

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air

I have a little more hope. We have seen that the courts are not immune to public opinion. Mass non-compliance in conjunction with a strong Constitutional argument and a willingness to invoke the 2A may be very convincing. Almost all the gun guys I know are extremely peaceful. Why provoke an incredible amount of violence? They will be hard pressed to paint us as terrorists.

K31

"Part of that Ultra MAGA Crowd"
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 15, 2006
    AA county
    If Beta Male feels threatened by a Tweet what's does he think he's going to do when facing Putin or Kim Dung Flung? Soil himself? That's a rhetorical question because he just sealed his fate as far as running for POTUS, Not that he has a shot for more than 15 seconds any way.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Shive62

Latest threads

Top Bottom