• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • outrider58

Cold Damp Spaces
    MDS Supporter
    I would find this interesting at $1000. Kalasnikov made in USA KP-9. I would add or get a folding handle.

View attachment 433261
    This is my preference...

qc5.jpg

Worsley

I apologize for hurting your feelings!
    Jan 5, 2022
    Westminster
    Not trying to win anything. If people are into the whole winning losing thing, fine I lost... I was told no cons. Came up with one and can think of more. Not here to argue just know there are pros and cons to most big decisions in life.
    I am in a good mood today... you win.

Bountied

Ultimate Member
    Apr 6, 2012
    Pasadena
    Not trying to win anything. If people are into the whole winning losing thing, fine I lost... I was told no cons. Came up with one and can think of more. Not here to argue just know there are pros and cons to most big decisions in life.
    Fair enough, by win I meant change anyone's opinion. My Surefire lights up the whole house so missing a perp isn't really going to happen unless one is behind me and then the light doesn't matter anyway. I would reserve the light until I needed it. I guess the main point people are getting at is that you need to identify your target. If you can see the perp from moonlight or ambient house lighting then you don't really need the light, I get that. If it's pitch black I'm lighting up what I think may be a threat if I can't identify it.

Worsley

I apologize for hurting your feelings!
    Jan 5, 2022
    Westminster
    Fair enough, by win I meant change anyone's opinion. My Surefire lights up the whole house so missing a perp isn't really going to happen unless one is behind me and then the light doesn't matter anyway. I would reserve the light until I needed it. I guess the main point people are getting at is that you need to identify your target. If you can see the perp from moonlight or ambient house lighting then you don't really need the light, I get that. If it's pitch black I'm lighting up what I think may be a threat if I can't identify it.
    It is also better to fire an unsupressed firearm in a bright room versus a dark room. After the first shot you'll likely be blind, at least for a bit.

King Chicken

I identify as King/Emperor
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 24, 2022
    Land Full of Marys - MoCo
    Would you consider using your voice before a light? Obviously if there is no response, yes it could still be a retard(pc word escaping me) or drunk, etc. "Identify yourself or you may be shot". Ask the dog to go...ask the fkn cat. Gj cats!

I'd like to see a thread on alternative ways to identify besides flashlight. Maybe there is already one here or another forum.

smokey

2A TEACHER
    Jan 31, 2008
    Alternative light sources are fine IN ADDITION to a source of light you control, be it handheld or WML. If a person lives in a house, they SHOULD be controlling what's in that house to help them out. For instance, tossing some socket-lights in to random corners down hallways where a home invader may be likely to go. You can be in a dark room, while the hallway is slightly illuminated. Light switches are also a thing that exists. If it makes sense, simply flipping a light switch to a room may be the right call. A WML just ensures that before you press the trigger, you know what you are shooting at and what is behind it.

As far as it being a beacon, grab the defensive light in your house(it should be over 12,000 candela), walk to where a mirror is and shine it in your own face. It will remove your visual horizon if you have a powerful enough light. Annnnnnnnnd if that hotspot is on the face of the threat... just shoot if they attempt to shoot you. They should have a hard time shooting at the light because of the whole being shot thing.

Multiple attackers just sucks as a situation and weaponlight or not, you're at a disadvantage. Learning low light techniques and properly employing them reduces the cons you mentioned and is a reason most lights have a momentary on feature.

smokey

2A TEACHER
    Jan 31, 2008
    Would you consider using your voice before a light? Obviously if there is no response, yes it could still be a retard(pc word escaping me) or drunk, etc. "Identify yourself or you may be shot". Ask the dog to go...ask the fkn cat. Gj cats!

I'd like to see a thread on alternative ways to identify besides flashlight. Maybe there is already one here or another forum.
    For my house, I've got cameras pretty much everywhere inside and out. If I heard something go bump downstairs(assuming my dog isn't very clearly alerting me to something wrong), I can just flip between rooms and see who is there and where they are. If someone's there, I can just use the speaker in the cameras to tell the person or group that the police are on their way and if they don't leave they run the risk of being shot. No need to go anywhere downstairs at all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    illlocs33

Latest threads

Top Bottom