• ...and so much more!
  • mrb2217

Jan 3, 2013
    The Isle of Kent, QA, MD
    My personal favorites for the 9mm:
    1. Beretta 92 FS
    2. Glock 19
    3. Smith and Wesson M&P
    Numbers 2 and 3 are tied but since I have more rounds through the Glock 19 and carry it off duty I put it above the M&P. M&P is still a good gun though. Like everybody else said. Let him shoot and decide what he likes. Its the best way to buy a gun.

AssMan

Meh...
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 27, 2011
    Somewhere on the James River, VA
    I know it's not a 9mm but...

IMO the best SHTF hangun is a S&W686 or similar .357 revolver. Super reliable, no safety, shoots .38 or .357mag and the 5"+ versions are capable hunters when shooting the magnum load. And the + holds 7 rounds.

Second choice would be a 92fs

NickZac

Ultimate Member
    Aug 12, 2007
    Baltimore, MD
    H&K USP Full Size and/or SD

-more trigger options than anything else, most which are DIY (V1 out of the box gives AS/DA with de-cock, safety, capability to be safely stored and carried cocked-and-locked)
    -ambidextrous features (mag release is ambi out of the box, the safety/decock lever is installed easily by the user)
    -recoil reduction system
    -high mag cap (15) without a chunky grip
    -extended service life
    -easily serviced by the user
    -widely available accessories (including easy DIY sight changes)
    -functions well with the most common 9mm suppressors
    -sharing of parts with other models (such as the USP Compact and Tactical in 9 and other calibers) making parts more readily available
    -built-in ILS for convenience
    -general reliability in function is as good as it gets (along with many others mentioned here)

Still, like any other model, it has cons as well, including a higher price, less-than-lovely ergos, and very expensive magazines. The P30 improves on ergos, but often at a slightly higher price, not-as-readily-available parts & breakdown manuals, a standard trigger that leaves a lot to be desired, and lack of a compact model as small as the USP9C.

straightsilver3

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Mar 2, 2011
    everywhere
    There is no best. Only what he shoots best.

I like your answer Of coarse Reliability is a big factor I'm a big fan of the Sig 220 I shout this best, as 9's go Glock is my first choice CZ75 Sig I can't afford an HK I have small hands so the 220 worked well for me I believe they were made in a single stack 9 before the 226 came out.

Makarov Kid

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Nov 7, 2012
    Commietown, Maryland
    Well you didn't specify what size of pistol so.... I recommend just picking up guns and trying to get a chance to shoot them before you buy them. Don't always let price force you to choose a gun. I think the CZ pistols are good in general. The CZ 75 series and the CZ P-07 are really great handguns and the ergonomics are amazing. Please remember every handgun is special and there are many choices. Just go out and have a look and your new gun will show itself eventually! Patience and trying out new things is key to buying guns.

DC-W

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    ️‍
    Have him go to the range and try a bunch out.
    I've tried a Glock 17, 26, and a Sig P226 so far this way.

I personally own a Glock 34 and I haven't been more accurate with any other pistol so far.

There's plenty of great pistols to chose from.

4095fanatic

Paramagic
    Dec 3, 2010
    I'd have him take a serious look at G17/19/34. Go to the range with someone who has one or a range that rents them. I personally think the new Gen4 G19 is one of the finest 9mm handguns you can buy.

DC-W

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    ️‍
    I'll let you know how I feel about my Glock 34 . . . . . WHEN EVER, IF EVER IT GETS HERE!

38 Days and Still waiting!
    Holy crap!
    I waited a little over 3 weeks for the papers to finish with mine.
    Did you buy it at a range? If so, I'd ask to shoot it.

Docster

Ultimate Member
    Jul 19, 2010
    What's the best gun, what's the best (fill in the blank) ammo? What's the best concealed carry weapon/holster? Who's the most beautiful woman in the world? Who's got the biggest schlong in the world?

These and many other questions like them can only be answered with OPINIONS! They are not fact-based like "What is the speed of light?" (OK, maybe we could answer the schlong question) So ask for an opinion about a gun, an ammo, etc, or how to eval a gun or ammo but let's stop asking the same "what's the best" questions. Really, what's best for one may be crap for another as stated over and over again previously. //Rant over ;)

clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    Who's got the biggest schlong in the world?

h85615851

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JackW

Latest threads

Top Bottom