• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JohnnyBmore

This is not a"FREE STATE"
    Feb 3, 2011
    "way of the Gun" has to be up ther as some of my favorite 1911 Gun fighting.

But yes I was Kind obsessed with "Last man standing" , Because of "fist full of Dollars" and "Yojimbo"

So obsessed I had to get a pair .

Custom Springfield GI 1911 Pistols in a "LMS Rig" from Idaho leather

Extra pic here ..... Seeing Doubles.

Huckleberry

No One of Consequence
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 19, 2007
    Severn & Lewes
    Not a 1911 movie but pretty darn close.....

Desperado starring a pair of Ruger P90s along with Antonio and Salma

Antonio was sporting a pair of 45s

Desperado.jpg

But Salma was sporting a pair of very special 38s

salma-hayek-desperado-690db.jpg
    Salma_Hayek_13.jpg

Lou45

R.I.P.
    Jun 29, 2010
    Carroll County
    The Titanic, where the older dude was trying to shoot'n kill young numbnuts wif' a blinged out 1911. The Titanic sunk in April 1912 and the famed 1911 wasn't in production until 1912 and only for the U.S. military contract IIRC. But at least they got the shot count right for the slide locking back after the seventh round was fired instead of the typical Hollywould keep shootin' millions of rounds without a single mag change.:rolleyes:

Huckleberry

No One of Consequence
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 19, 2007
    Severn & Lewes
    The Titanic, where the older dude was trying to shoot'n kill young numbnuts wif' a blinged out 1911. The Titanic sunk in April 1912 and the famed 1911 wasn't in production until 1912 and only for the U.S. military contract IIRC. But at least they got the shot count right for the slide locking back after the seventh round was fired instead of the typical Hollywould keep shootin' millions of rounds without a single mag change.:rolleyes:

If he only used that 1911 to shoot the iceberg then maybe the Titanic would have been saved.

Hopalong

Man of Many Nicknames
    Jun 28, 2010
    Howard County
    Don't kill me for this movie...BUT

Romeo And Juliet w/ DiCaprio had a bunch of "cool" 1911s in it. 92s as well if I remember correctly.

"Broadsword" wins in that movie. I was young enough when I saw it that I didn't know what a 1911 was though, LOL!

Back on topic, I have to go with Zombieland. That scene at the end with the pair of 1911s in the booth? With those mag changes? Yeah, that wins it for me.

Huckleberry

No One of Consequence
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 19, 2007
    Severn & Lewes
    Did anybody mention "Extreme Prejudice" with Nick Nolte as a Texas Ranger with a Colt Commander or "No Country for Old Men" with Tommy Lee Jones with that Colt S70?

Also, another not a 1911 but a 1903 Hammerless in 32 ACP

The scene in "Patton" where GSP takes on the two German Bombers....Pure Badassery 101

1969sschevelle

Dec 28, 2012
    Lost Farmland County MD
    Tony Rome (Sinatra) tells Dan Blocker aka Hauss (Gronsky) shows that he has a .45 pointed at him, not the .38 that Hauss is immune too. the movie is Lady in Cement. from the late 60's...made an impression on a lot folks seeing the movie that a .45 is indeed the caliber choice needed to stop a very big "HAUSS" like person if the lawful need to do so would arise.. I think Blockers character even takes a couple hits from .38's and still breaks the shooters neck bare handed ...IIRC...Hence the warning from Francis Albert...

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JackW

Latest threads

Top Bottom