• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Lunchbox

Nov 8, 2007
    AA Co.
    I was inspired by the best sights for 10/22 thread...

I'm headed down to GA the end of the month and I need some higher capacity mags for my 10/22. I have 2x Butler Creek mags and they suck horribly. Both fail to feed and get stuck...

Anyone with a recommendation?

joppaj

Sheepdog
    Staff member
    Apr 11, 2008
    MD
    I really like factory 10-round mags. They're easy to load, easy to carry a bunch of in my bag and function flawlessly. I still own some of the very good Tactical Innovations mags, but they rarely come out.

rob-cubed

In need of moderation
    Sep 24, 2009
    Holding the line in Baltimore
    BX-25 for sure. Steel feed lips, feed flawlessly, factory Ruger. Can be taken apart for cleaning. You should wait until the madness dies down though, if you can find them right now for $50 that's a "deal" but still paying twice as much as they were selling for.

F-Stop

Ultimate Member
    Feb 16, 2009
    Cecil County
    Anyone use that adapter that you attach 3 factory ten rounders? Are they solid? Not sure I would use that over two additional loose mags but seemed interesting.

joppaj

Sheepdog
    Staff member
    Apr 11, 2008
    MD
    Anyone use that adapter that you attach 3 factory ten rounders? Are they solid? Not sure I would use that over two additional loose mags but seemed interesting.

I have one and I like it.

Ranchero50

Ultimate Member
    Dec 15, 2012
    Hagerstown MD
    I'm going with the BX1's. The BX25 on my 10/22 I can push up too high and cause some FTF's. I know I just need to tune the metal lip so the bolt can't ride against it.

Lunchbox

Nov 8, 2007
    AA Co.
    good info, thanks guys!! I'll have to get a few more factory 10 round magazines but I definitely want to invest in the 25 rounders too...

wilcam47

Ultimate Member
    Apr 4, 2008
    Changed zip code
    I was inspired by the best sights for 10/22 thread...

I'm headed down to GA the end of the month and I need some higher capacity mags for my 10/22. I have 2x Butler Creek mags and they suck horribly. Both fail to feed and get stuck...

Anyone with a recommendation?

I never had problems with them until they had 4,000rds through them and that's the regular ones...the steel lip ones work better...

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JackW

Latest threads

Top Bottom