• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jerielg

Old Guy
    Jan 10, 2010
    Paw Paw, WV
    I just got back from my first meeting at the Berwyn Rod and Gun Club where I got voted in. Everyone there seemed pretty nice and made my wife and I feel welcome. We got our range badges and I'm looking forward to finally putting some rounds down range with my new LWRC M6A2. Now if I can just get those target stand built before the weekend.

2SAM22

Moderator Emeritus
    Apr 4, 2007
    I have one or two if you need them. PM me and I can meet you. That way you'll be ready to go.

jerielg

Old Guy
    Jan 10, 2010
    Paw Paw, WV
    I have one or two if you need them. PM me and I can meet you. That way you'll be ready to go.
    Thanks for the offer Vince. I shouldn't have any problem in constructing them. It's just a matter of getting off of my butt and going into the shop and pulling the lumber.

Regards,

2SAM22

Moderator Emeritus
    Apr 4, 2007
    Okay, any other Berwyn member here is welcome to them if they want them.

Feb 16, 2010
    lanham, MD
    I was considering submitting an application to join the club but have been hesitating. I read on the webpage to berwyn that volunteer work is a plus and was figuring they would probably consider my membership because I am a contractor and am capable to contribute some manpower(for maintenance/repairs).

R357

Jun 23, 2009
    Upper Marlboro
    I wanted to join the club but never hear anything back after i filled the application out no one ever called me !

If you send me your information via PM (name & phone number) I'll do what I can to find out what's up with your application to BRGC, ranger3five and get back to you.

Alternatively call 301-464-9830 and someone will return your call typically within 24 hours.

Minuteman

BANNED!!!
    I'm on my second year with Berwyn Rod&Gun, couldn't be happier, great club and folks.

If anyone is interested in joining, best to fill out the online application, and Jim will contact you. You'll have to attend one ~3 hour safety class and range orientation, then attend (preferably the next) monthly meeting. They are on the first Wed of every month, next one is 5 May, plenty of time to get the class. Membership is $400 a year, plus $200 for the first year for new members. There are a lot of people that donate money to the club, do free work for the club, and volunteer time/services for the club and it's members.

We voted in over a half dozen new members at the last meeting, I voted for you jerielg, and welcome!

Anyone interested in joining or learning more heres the link: http://www.berwyn.org/

I don't know if they have IHMSA matches there, I doubt it since I haven't heard of it. They don't do IDPA shooting there if that is similar. Ok, I just googled it, nope, paper targets only at Berwyn. That looks like a lot of fun though. Let us know if you find a place here in Central Maryland.

md_rick_o

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 30, 2008
    Severn Md.
    Welcome to Berwyn, i really like the ranges. I typically get to shoot every other monday since i work and RDO schedule and i'm the only one out there.

I wanted to join the club but never hear anything back after i filled the application out no one ever called me !

If you filled out an online application a while back and never heard anything, they were having problems with the web interface not forwarding the app. I had the same issue and when I contacted them they had no clue who i was. I went to a meeting and filled out the paperwork.

Garand1957

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Sep 30, 2007
    The War Room

Just call Jim Duls he is in charge of Memership
    His # 301-261-7515
    or e-mail : kid3dle@aol.com
    We will get you voted in ASAP ;)
    Club meetings are at the DAV on 197 in Bowie by the range. First Wednesday of the month 7:30PM.
    Come early for dinner :yummy:

2SAM22

Moderator Emeritus
    Apr 4, 2007
    Been a member since 2000.... Welcome jerielg !
    Any intrest in a MDS meet-n-shoot at Berwyn ?
    Maybe make it a Mosin match ;)

Berwyn is a good bunch of friendly helpful people. Garand, how did you manage to become a member? I'm kidding, I'm kidding. ;)

Garand1957

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Sep 30, 2007
    The War Room
    Berwyn is a good bunch of friendly helpful people. Garand, how did you manage to become a member? I'm kidding, I'm kidding. ;)

I got in under the same stringent requirements as most other members....I had the $ :lol2:
    P.S. Have you noticed how much more the wood work has been getting shot up since they started allowing the Bowie PD to shoot there ?

Garand1957

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Sep 30, 2007
    The War Room
    The Bowie PD have been like a pack of angry Beavers...

Yea if those angry beavers shoot 9mm bullets from their teeth :D
    The walkway decking at the 50 yd target range was about ready to collapse from being shot so much.
    Just seems like a lot of new bullet holes everywhere at the 50 foot range as well since the beavers started shooting there.:innocent0

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JackW

Latest threads

Top Bottom