• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Slackdaddy

My pronouns: Iva/Bigun
    Jan 1, 2019
    Thinking hard about SBRing the Beretta CX4, like this one: https://www.luckygunner.com/lounge/beretta-cx4-review/

1st question is,, 922R, With all the Mec-Gar mags made in Italy,, not sure I can get the total "non US" parts count down to 10?
    The CX4 Stock/pistol grip/forearm is all one piece,, so how does that count?
    • Frames, receivers, receiver castings, forgings, or stampings
    • Barrels
    • Barrel extensions
    • Mounting blocks (trunnions)
    • Muzzle attachments
    • Bolts
    • Bolt carriers
    • Operating rods
    • Gas pistons
    • Trigger housings
    • Triggers
    • Hammers
    • Sears
    • Disconnectors
    • Buttstocks
    • Pistol grips
    • Forearms, handguards
    • Magazine bodies
    • Followers
    • Floorplates
    2nd question,, assuming one applies for the tax stamp prior to cutting/threading the barrel?

Baldheaded

Ultimate Member
    Jan 18, 2021
    A.A. Co.
    If I were you I would just buy the regular CX4 Storm. Why go through all that extra work just to cut off 4" of barrel. The gun is short enough as it is. I have one and love it. It feel like an SBR. The overall length is only 30". If you want an SBR look into the CZ Scorpion EVO 3. Just my 2 cents. I know a lot of guys like something really short.

Slackdaddy

Jan 1, 2019
    If I were you I would just buy the regular CX4 Storm. Why go through all that extra work just to cut off 4" of barrel. The gun is short enough as it is. I have one and love it. It feel like an SBR. The overall length is only 30". If you want an SBR look into the CZ Scorpion EVO 3. Just my 2 cents. I know a lot of guys like something really short.
    I have a CX4,, want to add a suppressor without add length.
    This will be a HD gun,, don't need the wife going cross eyed in the moment of truth if she has to fire off indoors.

figured cut off 4.5 inches and thread, then put a 4-5" suppressor on,, just enough to make it not "disorienting" to shoot indoors.

EXIT WOUND

Sep 22, 2011
    Thinking hard about SBRing the Beretta CX4, like this one: https://www.luckygunner.com/lounge/beretta-cx4-review/

1st question is,, 922R, With all the Mec-Gar mags made in Italy,, not sure I can get the total "non US" parts count down to 10?
    The CX4 Stock/pistol grip/forearm is all one piece,, so how does that count?
    • Frames, receivers, receiver castings, forgings, or stampings
    • Barrels
    • Barrel extensions
    • Mounting blocks (trunnions)
    • Muzzle attachments
    • Bolts
    • Bolt carriers
    • Operating rods
    • Gas pistons
    • Trigger housings
    • Triggers
    • Hammers
    • Sears
    • Disconnectors
    • Buttstocks
    • Pistol grips
    • Forearms, handguards
    • Magazine bodies
    • Followers
    • Floorplates
    2nd question,, assuming one applies for the tax stamp prior to cutting/threading the barrel?
    I suppose the only thing to make sure is that you have the correct paperwork for the sbr. Otherwise have fun building it. Looks cool as shit... I have two cx-4's both stock. Fun guns to shoot and very accurate.... Triggers suck but hey still plenty fun...

Slackdaddy

Jan 1, 2019
    I suppose the only thing to make sure is that you have the correct paperwork for the sbr. Otherwise have fun building it. Looks cool as shit... I have two cx-4's both stock. Fun guns to shoot and very accurate.... Triggers suck but hey still plenty fun...
    My trigger housing is headed off to SierraPapa on Monday for the all metal trigger setup.

I have to find out the proper order of things for converting to SBR,,

Baldheaded

Ultimate Member
    Jan 18, 2021
    A.A. Co.
    I would like to have my CX4 upgraded with Sierra Papa parts. Last time I sent them an email they never replied back to me.

slsc98

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    May 24, 2012
    Escaped MD-stan to WNC Smokies
    I would like to have my CX4 upgraded with Sierra Papa parts. Last time I sent them an email they never replied back to me.

^Exactly^ our experience as well; and,

Of all the dozen or more pcc’s we own, our Beretta cx4 is hands down THE MOST ATROCIOUS trigger!

It isn’t just bad, it is terrible!

I figured, “No problem, no doubt MCARBO or someone offers upgrades”. That is when we discovered Papa Sierra was the only game in town and once I started seeing the prices I was relieved we also never heard back from them.

OP, do you already own the cx4? Cuz, if not, I’d seriously reconsider (honestly, we own multiple pcc AR’s (Colts and Rock Rivers) 3 CZ’s, 2 Stribogs, 2 JP-5’s some others and the cx4. Owning and shooting all of them, I can’t think of a worse host to put more money into than the cx4.

Whatever choice you make, God Bless America and Enjoy the Freedom!

Slackdaddy

Jan 1, 2019
    ^Exactly^ our experience as well; and,

Of all the dozen or more pcc’s we own, our Beretta cx4 is hands down THE MOST ATROCIOUS trigger!

It isn’t just bad, it is terrible!

I figured, “No problem, no doubt MCARBO or someone offers upgrades”. That is when we discovered Papa Sierra was the only game in town and once I started seeing the prices I was relieved we also never heard back from them.

OP, do you already own the cx4? Cuz, if not, I’d seriously reconsider (honestly, we own multiple pcc AR’s (Colts and Rock Rivers) 3 CZ’s, 2 Stribogs, 2 JP-5’s some others and the cx4. Owning and shooting all of them, I can’t think of a worse host to put more money into than the cx4.

Whatever choice you make, God Bless America and Enjoy the Freedom!
    Yes, we have had the CX4 for a year or so.
    We have carbine ARs, Ruger Minis, mess of handguns, etc.
    Both of us are not huge AR fans,, just don't feel natural in our hands., we'll grab a mini-14 or mini-30 over an AR 10 outta 10 times. Strictly feel and comfort.
    Hated the AR-9s
    The CX4 just melted in our hands,, it just shoulders and sweeps like part of our body.
    And the simple blowback design makes it rock solid reliable.

I know they are not everyone's cup of tea,, but for us, they just fit,, yeah the trigger SUCKS but that is being taken care of.

slsc98

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    May 24, 2012
    Escaped MD-stan to WNC Smokies

The CX4 just melted in our hands,, it just shoulders and sweeps like part of our body.

That is awesome and yep, the whole reason I snapped one up when someplace had them on sale was because a buddy who works at a Massive rental range out in AZ said they are what they rent as pcc’s -

He refers to them as “the AK47’s of the pcc world!”

Enjoy!

Hibs

Ultimate Member
    Dec 23, 2015
    Maryland
    Yes, we have had the CX4 for a year or so.
    We have carbine ARs, Ruger Minis, mess of handguns, etc.
    Both of us are not huge AR fans,, just don't feel natural in our hands., we'll grab a mini-14 or mini-30 over an AR 10 outta 10 times. Strictly feel and comfort.
    Hated the AR-9s

I know they are not everyone's cup of tea,, but for us, they just fit,, yeah the trigger SUCKS but that is being taken care of.
    Sounds like you have your answer. SBR that bad boy.

Slackdaddy

Jan 1, 2019
    It takes 92 mags? Are USGI M9 mags US made by beretta or no?
    I have to check the mag situation.
    The "3 parts" of the mag is throwing it over 10 foreign items from the list.
    And I recently bought 6 Mec-Gar mags :(

Hibs

Ultimate Member
    Dec 23, 2015
    Maryland
    I'm not understanding... is this something that is even checked?

You bought the gun here, not like you are importing it now, why would all of a sudden it need all new 922R compliance just from shortening the barrel?

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    I'm not understanding... is this something that is even checked?

You bought the gun here, not like you are importing it now, why would all of a sudden it need all new 922R compliance just from shortening the barrel?
    SBRing a gun makes it a new gun(Making an SBR), for all intents and purposes, and for the most part, subject to current regs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeymike88

Latest threads

Top Bottom