• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • johnb007

Jul 6, 2011
    I have an option to pick up a .45 Beretta CX 4 Storm. Anyone have experience with them?

Is it worth $550 used (looks new, not fired much)

Thoughts?

Sent from my android device using carrier pigeons.

JoeRinMD

Rifleman
    Jul 18, 2008
    AA County
    I picked up a Cx4 Storm in .45 acp a couple of months ago. It's a ton of fun to shoot and I love the quick field-strip procedure. Basically, you just push out a plastic pin and the rifle splits into a forward and rear section, allowing you to remove the bolt and clean the entire firearm.

At the moment, I'm just using the iron sights, but will probably mount a laser or red-dot sight on it. I'll probably also upgrade the trigger components to aftermarket. The idea of plastic doesn't thrill me....esp for the hammer.

JoeR

ohen cepel

Ultimate Member
    Feb 2, 2011
    Where they send me.
    Only down side I see to the Storm in .45 is that it takes a Beretta .45 mag which isn't as common as if it took a Glock, 1911, etc.

Also, the Beretta mag (I think) is 8rds and there is only 1 rather $$ large cap version made for it which I know of now.

That said, if you don't want it please let me know where it is, I may well buy it at that price.

EL1227

R.I.P.
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 14, 2010
    Wrong forum. .45 isn't rimfire.

The Cx4 is a fun toy and very customizable and fun to shoot.

The trigger is vague and gritty, but that's really the only bad thing i can say about it.

SierraPapa kits fix most of the shortcomings ... which are minor. $550 is a reasonable used price. GoFer it.

JoeRinMD

Rifleman
    Jul 18, 2008
    AA County
    Only down side I see to the Storm in .45 is that it takes a Beretta .45 mag which isn't as common as if it took a Glock, 1911, etc.

Also, the Beretta mag (I think) is 8rds and there is only 1 rather $$ large cap version made for it which I know of now.

Sierra Papa now has a replacement magazine well adapter and mag release button that converts it to use the 10 round Px4 magazines. I'm going to order it in the near future.

JoeR

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JackW

Latest threads

Top Bottom