• Beretta 92FS

Votes: 72 41.6%
    • Glock 17

Votes: 101 58.4%

• Total voters

boardboy330

Resident Secret Squirrel
    Mar 18, 2008
    I own a Beretta but not a Glock. I have shot both and it depends what you are using it for. Play with both and shoot them. I prefer the Beretta hands down.

BlueHeeler

Ultimate Member
    Apr 28, 2010
    Washington, DC
    shoot 'em both and see which one you like best.

i think you will find more aftermarket stuff for the glock (mags, holsters, sights, trigger work, etc), but should be plenty for both guns.

I wanted a 92f since I was a little kid. I probably watched Lethal Weapon one too many times.:)

I started shooting a 92f. I struggle with that pistol for some reason. Then I tried the Glock 17. Although it is the ugliest firearm I own, shooting it is incredibly natural. It feels like an extension of my arm. Maintenance and cleaning is remarkably easy. It is not the most popular law enforcement pistol for nothing.

That said, the differences between the two comes down to personal taste.

You might also consider a M&P.

gmhowell

Not Banned Yet
    Nov 28, 2011
    Monkey County
    My family is split, so I've had a bit of access to both. Beretta hands down. It just feels so much better. YMMV. It also depends on what you are using it for.

Af_catfish

Abandon All Hope
    Sep 6, 2011
    Bremen, Ohio
    I faced this same decision a few years back. I ended up going with the Beretta. I voted Beretta because of my personal preference. You can't go wrong with either pistol. Berettas are reliable but they need more attention than the Glock. I've put 1200 rounds through mine without a malfunction. I am pretty liberal with the oil before I go shooting and clean throughly afterwards. I would trust my life to my Beretta.

Ironsighter

It's "Citizen," not "Civilian"
    May 10, 2011
    Down South
    Both? Not sure how big your hands are, but the Beretta is a big gal. I like the way it feels, but the trigger is a bit of a reach for double-action. The Gen 4 Glock without the additional backstraps is a little slimmer and, although I never liked the Glock grip before, I'm liking the Gen 4 so far. I second what another poster said about handling them both and firing examples of both if you can. You never really know how something is going to feel until you experience it under recoil.

04RWon

Ultimate Member
    Feb 13, 2010
    Orlando, FL
    Its going to come down to how they feel honestly, or if you prefer polymer or metal, or whichever style trigger you prefer. Both are great guns as everyones said. I doubt either will let you down.

However lets be realistic...you want both or you wouldnt have trouble deciding, so face the facts youll have both soon anyway. I think this thread should really be asking which should you buy FIRST.

Mooseman

R.I.P.- Hooligan #4
    Jan 3, 2012
    Western Maryland
    Try both. Choice of guns is a personal preference. I, personally, prefer the Beretta. In my hands it is way more accurate than the Glock. It is also a much nicer looking gun.

kwaters4

Aug 14, 2012
    Fallston
    i've shot both and prefer the Beretta over the glock. but that's just my opinion. the glock is a solid running gun and is great for running 1000's of rounds from what i hear but i double tapped with the trigger safety and didn't like it at all. I've never broken down a glock but the berretta was incredibly simple. i felt that the glock was slightly more accurate but didn't really sit down to compare the two

DocSavage

The Man of Bronze
    May 30, 2012
    Crofton
    I researched both quite heavily, shot both and made my mind up... Was going to go 92A1 all the way... I was so sure of it, cash in pocket I was headed to Engage to put in my order... Why did I change my mind and spend more to go with my Sig P226 TacOps? Simple... It "fit me better" than all the others...

To the OP, and I hope you're still following this thread, buy what fits! Buy what you can afford to shoot often! Others have told you to shoot as many as is practical (OnTarget is a great spot for this), and buy what feels like an extension of your hand. Doing so makes the use of the weapon second nature and you feel more natural doing so. If it fits properly, you'll shoot it more, you shoot it more you become more proficient, you become more proficient you'll know you can depend on it for its true and intended purpose - self preservation. Let no one mistake, your 2A rights are designed to protect your most sacred of possessions, your life and that of those you love.

I shoot Sig as a pistol, it fits me, I shoot it often (more than 200 rounds weekly), and I'm damned good with it. That's my choice. Many others choose other options, try to sell you on what's best, caliber choices, polymer vs steel, ad infinitum... Try as many as you can and choose what fits your hand! Go out and buy from an IP, then train, train, train... That's how you know which one to buy...

Regards,

Doc

RaVis

Oi!
    Jun 19, 2011
    To the OP, and I hope you're still following this thread, buy what fits!

Yes. I'm still very much in-tune with this thread. I'm not buying, although I've fired both models. I just wanted to know what the general preference between these two is among the members of this forum.

Thank you!
    :thumbsup:

byf43

SCSC Life/NRA Patron Life
    Don't own the G17. (I own a G19 Gen3.)
    I also own a Beretta 92FS.

The 92FS feels like it weighs 4 lbs in comparison to the G19.

The G19 shoots circles around the Beretta 92FS!!!!!!!
    The G19 is an incredibly accurate pistol!!

Jester1341

Pro Judge
    Apr 22, 2010
    Clear Spring, MD
    In my opinion your asking polar opposites..... And I agree with everyone else depends on why your getting it and also depends on what you think after trying both. I l
    LOVE my beretta and can't wait for another one. I do not like glocks, period. I will not bad mouth one, I will not curse one..... But the are ugly and feels[to me] like pointing a block of wood.

Also, pwoolford, my 92G has no safety; decocker only :)

John

alpha2delta

Sep 7, 2011
    Both are great handguns and would serve you well.
    I favor the Beretta because it fits my hand better
    and I shoot a tighter group with it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JackW

Latest threads

Top Bottom