• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Balzer94

Feb 27, 2011
    I wanted to add some contrast to my beretta while trying to keep it factory parts. I was wondering if anyone knew where I could buy pieces such as the hammer and trigger parts gold plated, or if they knew anyone who does that type of work.

Also I'm looking into trying to lighten the trigger a bit. Any good tips on that?

Thanks in advance

smokey

2A TEACHER
    Jan 31, 2008
    m11[1].jpg
    I think this is a nice look.

Balzer94

Feb 27, 2011
    This is an awesome look except that looks like the taurus 92fs. I just want the external "gadgets" gold. Aka the hammer trigger, trigger bar(?), mag release, takedown lever, safety, etc

smokey

2A TEACHER
    Jan 31, 2008
    Thanks, but of course the hammer would be out of stock

ehh the np3 looks better and has a more durable finish anyway...ya think about contrast with that? Could always ship some things off to get the ol' exo treatment too...

Balzer94

Feb 27, 2011
    Jim bob that's a good Idea but idk if id trust myself with trying to do inlays.

And the np3 is hard to see on my iPhone, is that like a chrome finish?

Balzer94

Feb 27, 2011
    Go big or go home:

gold92.jpg

Or go INOX, that's hot too.

Fine I'll go home :(

I'm trying to keep this fairly cheap while maintaining the reliability of the 92fs. I'm sure that golden gun is reliable but it's not cheap at all

smores

Creepy-Ass Cracker
    Feb 27, 2007
    Falls Church
    Don't plate anything unless you don't intend to shoot it. Many plated finishes are fragile, and will not look very good after a few hundred rounds or even a good amount of handling. Oils, solvents and even the oils in your skin can affect the plating.

Just letting you know. If they're available, TiN-coated parts would be the best IMO. Many industrial cutters such as mill and lathe bits are coated with TiN, which has very good wear resistance. TiN is a yellowish gold color too.

HT4

Dum spiro spero.
    Jan 24, 2012
    Bethesda
    Gold finish is not gold plated. If you are going to go pimp you want the goods.

Why dont you just fill the existing engraving (e.g., Beretta), I have been thinking of trying this on one of Uberti's photo engraved guns.

http://www.brownells.com/.aspx/pid=5472/Product/GOLD-LODE-GOLD-INLAY-KIT

If you go this route, I've used this kit before and can vouch for some great results. There's a reason that the Bonanza kit has been unchanged since the 70's... it works and looks good. It's is also much more durable than real gold inlay.

http://www.brownells.com/.aspx/pid=6633/Product/BONANZA-BRUSHING-INLAY

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JackW

Latest threads

Top Bottom