• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    IP Masada Tactical in Pikesville. I moonlight there.
    I don't want to tell FFLs how to run their businesses, but it really often feels like there's a lot of "let me throw shit on the wall and see what people buy" rather than "we're gonna sell the hell out of these rad-looking semi-auto shotguns that everyone seems to love and won't come back to us ten minutes later".

SCARCQB

Get Opp my rawn, Plick!
    Jun 25, 2008
    Undisclosed location
    If I can find a 3position tube.

This promag c-stock set of going on the turknelli.

I bought this set about a decade ago. It’s okay for a knock off. Drops in on the m4 with no fuzz.

Attachments

• D447F918-4E93-47F7-8DFD-F42630DF1C67.jpeg
      D447F918-4E93-47F7-8DFD-F42630DF1C67.jpeg
      6.6 KB · Views: 154

SCARCQB

Get Opp my rawn, Plick!
    Jun 25, 2008
    Undisclosed location
    Brownells alumahyde also took care of the crappy finish.

Looks so much better. Lipstick on a pig.

Attachments

• BC14338A-280C-4B8B-8D2E-F591794023B3.jpg
      BC14338A-280C-4B8B-8D2E-F591794023B3.jpg
      166.4 KB · Views: 156

Alphabrew

Binary male Lesbian
    Jan 27, 2013
    Woodbine
    While I’m waiting for my SDS S4 to arrive, what are the most important performance upgrades? Mag spring and extractor? Anything else?

I’d like to get an oversized charging handle as well.

I don't want to tell FFLs how to run their businesses, but it really often feels like there's a lot of "let me throw shit on the wall and see what people buy" rather than "we're gonna sell the hell out of these rad-looking semi-auto shotguns that everyone seems to love and won't come back to us ten minutes later".

I'm not sure what your comment meant, but any smart retailer buys items their client base would be interested in. The past few years have really affected availability of certain products. EX: American centerfire wheel guns, Mossberg 500's, VP9's, Sigs, etc. have been REALLY hard to obtain. When they do arrive, they're scooped up by the mega companies: Bass Pro/Cabelas, Dicks, PSA, Brownells, Acadamy, et al.
    Trust me when I say your LGS isn't loaded with Turk unknown shotguns, S&W Shield EZ and Taurus pistols by choice.

Slimjim

Ultimate Member
    Mar 6, 2007
    Im testing the benelli recoil spring and extractor i installed tomorrow with a box of 00 buck black aces ammo and a box of WWB field loads.

CaptChaos

MDS Supporter
    Mar 1, 2008
    Calvert County, MD
    https://battlehawkarmory.com/product/sds-imports-ar-30rd-steel-body-mag-poly-anti-tilt-follower

(Ignore the name in the link)

In cart price is $360. Courtesy of erwos I believe.

Did anyone buy from this link? I know this says to ignore the name in the link, but it would be super annoying to end up with a .223 magazine that's probably not 'legal to transfer' in Maryland when I show up to the FFL asking about the shotgun I bought online. The SKU and UPC appear correct, but even the item number is wrong along with the entire description. Searching for that UPC brings up other sites that have it, including one of which says add to cart for best price and then the cart total is $8.95. I'm sure some listing service they subscribe to is incorrect but I'd rather not waste time/money if this isn't gonna show up as a shotgun.

Alphabrew

Binary male Lesbian
    Jan 27, 2013
    Woodbine
    Did anyone buy from this link? I know this says to ignore the name in the link, but it would be super annoying to end up with a .223 magazine that's probably not 'legal to transfer' in Maryland when I show up to the FFL asking about the shotgun I bought online. The SKU and UPC appear correct, but even the item number is wrong along with the entire description. Searching for that UPC brings up other sites that have it, including one of which says add to cart for best price and then the cart total is $8.95. I'm sure some listing service they subscribe to is incorrect but I'd rather not waste time/money if this isn't gonna show up as a shotgun.

I ordered from that link and it’s been sent to the warehouse for processing (meaning the FFL has been accepted). I’ll let you know if end up with the worlds most expensive AR Mag that I can’t even take home…

CaptChaos

MDS Supporter
    Mar 1, 2008
    Calvert County, MD
    I ordered from that link and it’s been sent to the warehouse for processing (meaning the FFL has been accepted). I’ll let you know if end up with the worlds most expensive AR Mag that I can’t even take home…

Thanks, I found the thread on arfcom that was referenced here earlier and it appears that Battlehawk is legit, at least on another shotgun.

I called a local shop and their price wasn't even competitive with what I'm seeing online, I guess because they'd have to order it he said? In any case, I may put an order in too.

Bertfish

Throw bread on me
    Mar 13, 2013
    White Marsh, MD
    Thanks, I found the thread on arfcom that was referenced here earlier and it appears that Battlehawk is legit, at least on another shotgun.

I called a local shop and their price wasn't even competitive with what I'm seeing online, I guess because they'd have to order it he said? In any case, I may put an order in too.

Who'd you call and what price did they give you?

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    Battlehawk is legit. I've ordered from them before.

The descriptions are screwed up a lot because I believe they don't do repulls from the DB. Trust the UPC and model, that's ultimately going to determine what you're receiving.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    GD-3

Latest threads

Top Bottom