• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • leonarddi

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jul 5, 2012
    I have a BCM hammer forged 14.5 upper with a perm mounted surefire break. It shoots great on my s&w lower but I have a tricked out BCM lower waiting for me when I get home in November. I cant wait to rag on this gun! :party29:

Post pics when done please

niftyvt

Ultimate Member
    Aug 21, 2010
    Virginia
    Post pics when done please

I will try to get pics once the lower and upper get together but the rifle wont be complete. I need (need not want :D )to get a Rainier Arms Samson Evolution rail and a 2moa Aimpoint micro, an elzetta in a Haley mount and some kind of handstop to complete the awesomeness. ;) Right now its wearing the Centurion Arms rail it came with from BCM and just some magpul mbus gen2 sights.

I got my lower from G&RTactical.
    G&R Tactical BCM lower
    Get em while they are in stock! I waited many months for them to get back in! I love how G&R assembles all the options you click on. Great company! :party29:

leonarddi

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jul 5, 2012
    I will try to get pics once the lower and upper get together but the rifle wont be complete. I need (need not want :D )to get a Rainier Arms Samson Evolution rail and a 2moa Aimpoint micro, an elzetta in a Haley mount and some kind of handstop to complete the awesomeness. ;) Right now its wearing the Centurion Arms rail it came with from BCM and just some magpul mbus gen2 sights.

I got my lower from G&RTactical.
    G&R Tactical BCM lower
    Get em while they are in stock! I waited many months for them to get back in! I love how G&R assembles all the options you click on. Great company! :party29:

That is badass brother!

clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    I have a BCM hammer forged 14.5" middy on a CMMG lower. I love it and it shoots great but won't feed steel cased ammo. :(

If you are using irons, the midlength gas system gives you a longer sight radius in the same overall length package.

I see it all of the time.

All it needs is the Ramps Reworked, Bolt Lugs/Carrier Underside Deburred and Polished, and some 30 Round PMAGS (20 Round 5.56 PMAGS suck). Steel Mags and Lancers Metal Feed Lips can dig into the Steel Casing more making more work for the weapon to strip the round from the Mag. 30 Round PMAGS dont have this issue.

Worst case go with a WOlf XP Buffer Spring and step the Buffer Weight back one. For example if you have a H3, go to H2 with the XP Spring. If you have H go to Std Carbine.

vin

Ultimate Member
    Mar 19, 2009
    Bowie, MD
    Thanks for the suggestions Chad. I'll have to think about getting some of that done. I am running 30 round p-mags and have both H and carbine buffer weights. I may try a spring first just because its inexpensive.

It runs great with 5.56 and quality .223, no issues there at all.

04RWon

Ultimate Member
    Feb 13, 2010
    Orlando, FL
    Ive got 4 ar's now, 3/4 if mine are BCM uppers, and my gf's is a BCM upper.

I have a 14.5 M4 with pinned A2X, 14.5 cold hammer forged lightweight midlength with pinned pws fsc556, and just today put together the lower for the 16" midlength lightweight. My gf's is a 16" standard midlength.

BCM's are the nicest rifles ive shot. I had a spikes 16" m4 but i for some reason like the 14.5 bcm m4 more. Its on the same lower, same setup, just something about the bcm i like better. I almost feel its more accurate. Ive also shot DD, Colt, LWRC, bushmaster, RRA, and M1S. While they are all fine rifles theres just something about the BCM's. So far ive seen nothing bad about them. In fact all of our rifles have been nothing but incredibly reliable and accurate since we' ve had them. I havent shot the new one yet but i already have plenty of confidence in it. All these uppers and i have yet to find a flaw with any. The quality control is damn near perfect.

35l9jdx.jpg

OLM-Medic

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    May 5, 2010
    I have a BCM hammer forged 14.5" middy on a CMMG lower. I love it and it shoots great but won't feed steel cased ammo. :(

If you are using irons, the midlength gas system gives you a longer sight radius in the same overall length package.

Really? Something isn't right...

I have a BCM and I shoot TulAmmo steel cased almost exclusively, even in carbine classes. I have had no malfunctions when shooting it AT ALL.

Yme

Platinum Member
    Nov 3, 2012
    Ive got 4 ar's now, 3/4 if mine are BCM uppers, and my gf's is a BCM upper.

I have a 14.5 M4 with pinned A2X, 14.5 cold hammer forged lightweight midlength with pinned pws fsc556, and just today put together the lower for the 16" midlength lightweight. My gf's is a 16" standard midlength.

BCM's are the nicest rifles ive shot. I had a spikes 16" m4 but i for some reason like the 14.5 bcm m4 more. Its on the same lower, same setup, just something about the bcm i like better. I almost feel its more accurate. Ive also shot DD, Colt, LWRC, bushmaster, RRA, and M1S. While they are all fine rifles theres just something about the BCM's. So far ive seen nothing bad about them. In fact all of our rifles have been nothing but incredibly reliable and accurate since we' ve had them. I havent shot the new one yet but i already have plenty of confidence in it. All these uppers and i have yet to find a flaw with any. The quality control is damn near perfect.

35l9jdx.jpg

Thanks for sharing bro. sending you a pm right now

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JackW

Latest threads

Top Bottom