BBQ Guns, their rigs and fun stories if you got em!

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • matt

No one special
    Apr 9, 2011
    So I'm sitting in my office looking out the window with all the sunshine and I'm thinking about BBQ while reading MDS (yet another very productive day for me).

It got me thinking... It's time I got myself a fancy BBQ gun (that will be regularly shot) with a nice custom holster/belt/harness to go along with it. I'm pretty good at thinking for myself, and developing my own ideas, but seeing as many options as possible isn't going to hurt this process!

So, please post some pics of your favorite BBQ guns! (and good recipes for BBQ can go along with the stories!)

Zombie_013

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Aug 30, 2011
    Germantown, MD
    The S&W 686+ in 6inch makes a good BBQ gun. The leather case I have has a belt loop too. It is merely a pipe dream for me, as I reside in an apartment in MD.

I usually use a dry rub called Cajun Foreplay on NY strip steaks. It is derived from a biker bar in Syracuse, NY called Dinosaur Barbecue. You can find it in Wegmans stores around here.

Attachments

• IMG_0613.JPG
      IMG_0613.JPG
      91.5 KB · Views: 652
    • IMG_0615.JPG
      IMG_0615.JPG
      112.6 KB · Views: 721

Mooseman

R.I.P.- Hooligan #4
    Jan 3, 2012
    Western Maryland
    I think this would be my most appropriate BBQ gun. I don't have a fancy rig for it yet, but I am thinking of having one made.

Attachments

• S&W Model 29-2 II.jpg
      S&W Model 29-2 II.jpg
      66.6 KB · Views: 611

matt

No one special
    Apr 9, 2011
    Nothing IMO says it has to be expensive. (though, it's not out of the realm)

I love me some Dinosaur BBQ. I haven't been there since 97' riding home in the trunk of MY (91' Eagle Talon) car with 7 other people also in the car. Great great food!

Numidian

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jul 25, 2007
    Shrewsbury, PA
    I don't have a rig worthy of being called a BBQ gun (I prefer my guns to be usable and abusable)

But one of these days I will get my 10mm 1911 and I will get a nice shoulder rig for it with the dual mags on the opposite side (base plates facing forward, not down, like most rigs)

matt

No one special
    Apr 9, 2011
    i feel awful, but what is a BBQ gun/rig......

A dress gun. Something that you'd wear open carry to an event. Think custom 1911/wheel gun, nice grips, unique in some manner (engraving, polishing, etc) Rig is a great looking holster. Ostrich/shark/baby seal leather, matching belt.

I will say that my personal preference is something that I'm not going to be "afraid" of shooting. So not overly expensive/rare/collectors item. (then again, if I can't shoot it, I'm not buying...)

Edit: think ladies in sundresses and hats, steaks on the grill. Horse shoes, or now-a-days Cornhole bags being tossed.

matt

No one special
    Apr 9, 2011
    Ha- I guess I'm thinking about the Kentucky Derby.. Or just pretty women in sundresses and hats!

Indiana Jones

Wolverine
    Mar 18, 2011
    CCN
    well in that case, she may not be real fancy, but she works hard, and looks good. i like Plain Jane more than Fancy Nancy

DSC01198.jpg

DSC01199.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JackW

Latest threads

Top Bottom