• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mr phil

Ultimate Member
    Dec 9, 2007
    beach
    I have heard the term " BBQ GUN ". It seems to be a very fancy side arm that someone would carry to say a BBQ , to show off. You know engraved with pearl handles. Nickel plated , that kind.
    Of course we can not do such a thing in Maryland. Or can we ?
    I do not have such a gun yet , but I bet some of you guys do.
    My stainless 1911 is as close as I can get for now.Some pearl handles would look nice. Lets see yours.

Attachments

• gun 45 009.jpg
      gun 45 009.jpg
      203.1 KB · Views: 762

mr phil

Ultimate Member
    Dec 9, 2007
    beach
    If anybody watches the Unit they mentioned BBQ guns last night. One of the guys had a nickel plated single antion colt that he engraved with carved handles. I would like to do the same with a Ruger Vaq. :popcorn:

smores

Creepy-Ass Cracker
    Feb 27, 2007
    Falls Church
    I have heard the term " BBQ GUN ". It seems to be a very fancy side arm that someone would carry to say a BBQ , to show off. ... Of course we can not do such a thing in Maryland. Or can we ?

If it is on private property, and the owner of said property allowed all attendees of said BBQ to carry openly on this property, why not? :D

And I guess if I had to carry gun at a BBQ it would be my CZ-75 in a low-slung Border Patrol holster... or maybe my SLR-106FR slung over my shoulder. :party29:

BTW, nice Taurus... looks great!

mr phil

Ultimate Member
    Dec 9, 2007
    beach
    That last Colt is sweet. But holy cow who can afford a colt. I have thought about it as far as mabe an investment. But if I ever spent that kind of money I'd have to kick my own a--.

bean93x

JamBandGalore
    Mar 27, 2008
    WV

i know a guy who has link #4... very very very very nice 1911 butthe only problem is, it finger prints mad crazy when you touch it.

but all that shinyness is good for when your done eating your BBq and picking the food out of your teeth :D

EDIT: just be sure to wipe your hands before touching it, don't wanna get BBQ sauce or food grime all over your nice shiny 1911 :innocent0

vette97

Ultimate Member
    Feb 9, 2008
    Carroll County, Maryland
    If it is on private property, and the owner of said property allowed all attendees of said BBQ to carry openly on this property, why not? :D

As long as someone brings a dog and shows how obedient it is, we're OK. :D

No violation is committed by any person who can demonstrate that the handgun is being carried, worn or transported: While engaged in or traveling to and from a "target shoot, formal or informal target practice, sport shooting event, hunting, trapping or dog obedience training class or show."

smores

Creepy-Ass Cracker
    Feb 27, 2007
    Falls Church
    As long as someone brings a dog and shows how obedient it is, we're OK. :D

No violation is committed by any person who can demonstrate that the handgun is being carried, worn or transported: While engaged in or traveling to and from a "target shoot, formal or informal target practice, sport shooting event, hunting, trapping or dog obedience training class or show."

Or have a couple soda cans on a bench, and let everyone shoot at it with a Red Ryder... :innocent0

drott

Apr 18, 2007
    I think this would make a decent BBQ gun. Stick some seasoned flank steak in around the barrel, mmmm...:)
    mg42c.jpg

hole punch

Paper Target Slayer
    Sep 29, 2008
    Washington Co.

sounds like an event. the first annual mdshooters open carry BBQ and pistol competition. anybody got some private land we can set up on? :rolleyes:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Lloyd_Hansen

Latest threads

Top Bottom