Bay grass stealing, oyster and crab eating, mud making.....

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Franklin

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Sep 12, 2012
    close to budds creek
    Last year was my first year doing it. Had a blast. Wish I could get those things to taste better. I don't like killing stuff without using it.
    AHH but you dont mind killing a cock roach or mouse? these things serve no purpose! all they do is eat,chit and screw and there arent enough sharks left to thin them out before every oyster and clam is gone from the bay.

marko

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jan 28, 2009
    GOOD GOING, Franklin - kill the rays - but next time video it -
    would be great!
    The Asian market in Rockville sells skate wings.Just sayin'.

Franklin

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Sep 12, 2012
    close to budds creek
    GOOD GOING, Franklin - kill the rays - but next time video it -
    would be great!
    The Asian market in Rockville sells skate wings.Just sayin'.
    I plan to! I have been buttering up momma to let me get a go pro 3. All I have now is a flip and it is junk for outdoorsy stuff. If I ever get a new boat, I plan to put a generator/camera tower on it.

zombiehunter

Ultimate Member
    Jul 8, 2008
    how do you tell the skate from the cow nose before you shoot it? I'm kind of boatless at the moment, think this is possible from the shore?

Franklin

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Sep 12, 2012
    close to budds creek
    how do you tell the skate from the cow nose before you shoot it? I'm kind of boatless at the moment, think this is possible from the shore?
    yeah its doable from a peir! skate are shaped a little different,have a thick tail and a pointed nose with 2 clear patches on either side. the odds of you seeing a skate are very low.

zombiehunter

Ultimate Member
    Jul 8, 2008
    My Aunt and Uncle have a place on the Severn. You think if I went down there with a spotlight I'd be able to nail any? Bowfishing really seems like it'll get rid of my problems with fishing. Seeing the fish and not being able to do anything about it. I figure with this, if I miss...I missed...not stupid fish not biting my stupid lure lol.

Franklin

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Sep 12, 2012
    close to budds creek
    the severn loads up with them! big Q is what time of year, the crabbers in there aught to be able to help you with that. i exchanged numbers with some commercial guys a few years ago and they would blow my phone up giving me reports. i lost that phone and changed the number and havent chanced by them since. from a peir it will most likley be easier during the day and bushwhack them as they swim by.

all of june i am booked with tournaments but july i think i am free most weekends. if you want to drive down, ill put you on some.

go to that bowfishing forum i posted and ask away on there. all the ifo you could ever want on bowfishing! my screen is SKEETER on there.

Crow Bait

Feb 9, 2013
    Hollywood, MD
    If I find the POS that left a pile of dead cownose rays and carp @ Abel's wharf on Memorial Day Weekend... I'm going to deliver the next batch of rotting carcasses to his front yard. The rotting pile attrachted a flock of black vultures that roosted on my truck, crapped all over it, and scratched the paint. :mad54:

Not happy.

I'm not crazy about killing stuff that isn't used, but dumping it there is LOW.

Franklin

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Sep 12, 2012
    close to budds creek
    If I find the POS that left a pile of dead cownose rays and carp @ Abel's wharf on Memorial Day Weekend... I'm going to deliver the next batch of rotting carcasses to his front yard. The rotting pile attrachted a flock of black vultures that roosted on my truck, crapped all over it, and scratched the paint. :mad54:

Not happy.

I'm not crazy about killing stuff that isn't used, but dumping it there is LOW.
    WHERE DID THEY LEAVE THEM AT THE WHARF? that shit really pisses me off!!!

Crow Bait

Feb 9, 2013
    Hollywood, MD
    WHERE DID THEY LEAVE THEM AT THE WHARF? that shit really pisses me off!!!

The carcasses were dumped the MD Rock side of the Wharf on the county side of the fence. Probably 10ft from shore on a normal day, but if you recall MM Weekend - there were extremely low tides. It's possible they were dumped right at the water's edge.

Either Way, they were made available to the vultures...and as of Saturday, 8 June, the vultures were still roosting on trucks making a mess.

eruby

Confederate Jew
    MDS Supporter
    Irwin killers. Kill them all!!!
    I don't like Bill Maher but this made me laugh some halloweens ago.

steveirwin.jpg

Franklin

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Sep 12, 2012
    close to budds creek
    D-Bags. What's the best way to dispose of them? Knife them and back in the drink when you boat em?
    the main problem with dumping them is they build up gas and float to shore most of the time. when i did dump"it is actually legal but people just dont have any common courtesy" i would cut the stomach open and cut them through with a big knife or machete. that way they sink and stay sunk,the crabs take care of the rest. now i dump them in my woods to keep the fox and yotes around. i had heard some landscaping places were offering to take them for high octane mulch but never looked into it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Noha

Latest threads

Top Bottom