• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • D3V1L

Dec 26, 2012
    Elkridge
    223 was all Winchester. 21 for the varmint round. i think it was 30 something for the defense round and 26 for the match round but not exactly sure. Definitely all over $1 a round tho.

ruinah

Average Joe
    Mar 27, 2013
    Baltimore
    Nonetheless, that's not really a good way to run a business. If a company cannot handle the volume due to their inventorying process, then they should resolve the technical problem or at the very least, inform the customers of their inability or difficulty to fill the order up front, prior to them selling or starting a financial transaction with their customers. Get'r done, Cabelas, this is :bs:.

I've now had 5 orders with Cabelas for 22LR ammo in the last 6 weeks. None of them have gone backorder and have usually been shipped to me in a few days. I know the 1,000 rounds of Winchester a lot of folks jumped on but their inventory system and ordering has been accurate for at least me.

railbird

Mar 13, 2013
    Harford County
    Happened to me last week on 9mm.

First email indicating in stock with delivery on 5/20:

Products Ordered
    [FONT=&quot]2 of 21-6087 REMINGTON UMC PISTOL PER 100 AMMO 9MM 115GR. FMJ @ $29.99 each[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]In stock-Approx delivery Mon 5/20[/FONT]
    Total
    Merchandise = $59.98
    Postage = $10.95
    ORDER TOTAL = $70.93

Second email arrived 3 days later:

Products Ordered
    [FONT=&quot]2 of 21-6087 REMINGTON UMC PISTOL PER 100 AMMO 9MM 115GR. FMJ[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Backorder-Tentative arrival to Cabelas 05/25/13[/FONT]
    Total
    Merchandise = $59.98
    Postage = $10.95
    ORDER TOTAL = $70.93

This doesn't happen with every order but happens often enough to indicate a problem.

For me, at 35 cents/round it's worth leaving on back order and waiting to see if it shows up.

Meat17

Aug 28, 2011
    Just left the WM on George Claus in Severn. UMC 250 packs of .45 and 9mm as well as 100 rd Winchester white box 9mm. 1 Bulk Pack per Caliber not to exceed 3 boxes total. Scored a 250 box of 9, 250 box of .45 and a 100 box of 9. Other stuff in stock is well but you better get on your horse. It will be gone soon.

Good Luck!!!!!

Haides

Ultimate Member
    Oct 12, 2012
    Glen Burnie

pleasant1911

Ultimate Member
    Apr 12, 2012
    Just bought some winchester 230 45 acp, off of cabela's for 25 a box... limit 5, and delivery was like 15...total $145 for 250rds of acp....and can save the brass too...go check it out...still cheaper than AA walmart

Don'tTread13

Dec 19, 2012
    Swung through QF WM on the way home at 6:35pm and it was a glorious sight to behold that bright yellow valu-pak of .45 sitting there in the case all alone wondering why all of its friends had been adopted and it had been left behind. So, I gave it a new home. $107 plus tax for 250 rnds is about as good as it gets right now. Still bummed that I missed out on the 9mm, but these days I'll take what I can get. And...as a bonus, the mags I ordered from .44mag on Tuesday evening were waiting for me when I got home. $29.99 for M&P 14 rndrs, and while they didn't ship them in their original boxes, they did only charge me $5 for shipping, so I'm not complaining.

sgtjunk

Aug 5, 2012
    Crofton, MD
    Swung through QF WM on the way home at 6:35pm and it was a glorious sight to behold that bright yellow valu-pak of .45 sitting there in the case all alone wondering why all of its friends had been adopted and it had been left behind. So, I gave it a new home. $107 plus tax for 250 rnds is about as good as it gets right now. Still bummed that I missed out on the 9mm, but these days I'll take what I can get. And...as a bonus, the mags I ordered from .44mag on Tuesday evening were waiting for me when I got home. $29.99 for M&P 14 rndrs, and while they didn't ship them in their original boxes, they did only charge me $5 for shipping, so I'm not complaining.

So... Any other 45 ACP?

Sent from my XT875 using Tapatalk 2

D3V1L

Dec 26, 2012
    Elkridge
    I need to buy a 380. And a 41 ever since shtf those have had the longest and most common shelf life. And a 22lr shot gun for cicada hunting lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    ObsidianCC

Latest threads

Top Bottom