• Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Feb 28, 2013
    There's pluses and minuses to the MSP making recommendations. They have allowed things I think are not actually legal under the law, and I prefer to not take their word for it.
    As for the whole barrel thing, first thing an advisory doesnt carry force of law. Second thing that can be changed on a whim just like a vendor’s description.

Other people can do what they want of course but thats why I’ll continue to trust what I always have, and thats basically if it aint necked down under the handguard its good

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    My god. Another one of these threads.

Yes, he is right. End of thread!!!!!!!
    mic drop.gif

Baldheaded

Ultimate Member
    Jan 18, 2021
    A.A. Co.
    You’d be surprised how many people get legitimately angry when their doctor goes on vacation! It turned into a staycation. Took apart some watches, played with my metal lathe (total beginner…messed a few things up), going to the range soon. Spent some QT with the missus. I needed this week.
    I love a nice staycation. Everyone should have one now and then. I really like the range part. I have been wanting to go but the drive really sucks this time of the year. I go to Delmarva.

MattFinals718

Nov 23, 2022
    Arlington, VA
    Even this barrel is MD legal (with a pinned and welded flash hider, unless you have an SBR). Why? It’s marketed as a HBAR.

Yep, I have one myself.

And it gets really twilight zone , when identical Bbls have different descriptions from respective makers .

A SOCOM profile Bbl from actual Colt , is advertised as " Heavy " , and identical measuring Bbl from BCM is advertised as ' medium ' .

I've actually always wondered about that. I think that most gun guys would agree that SOCOM profile barrels are really medium-weight barrels, but it gets called "heavy" because it's heavier than the original M4-profile barrel. The U.S. Government's TDP for the M4A1 even describes the barrel profile as "heavy." So can BCM really call it "medium" and it becomes non-compliant with FSA2013, even when there's federal government documentation calling it "heavy"?

Either way, I won't buy/run a BCM SOCOM barrel in MD, because there are other (better) SOCOM barrels on the market that are advertised by the OEM as "heavy," so there's no reason for me to buy a BCM barrel.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeymike88

Latest threads

Top Bottom