• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Storm40

Ultimate Member
    Apr 13, 2009
    Harford County
    on the radio, C4 is soft in the middle on 2a rights. Also, raskin responded to a caller saying that currently owned weapons affected by the ban will be required to be turned in/confiscated. That's a paraphrase. I don't think it can be taken seriously for itself, but it is indicative of where we'll be in about one short month.

squirrels

Who cooks for you?
    Jan 25, 2008
    on the radio, C4 is soft in the middle on 2a rights. Also, raskin responded to a caller saying that currently owned weapons affected by the ban will be required to be turned in/confiscated. That's a paraphrase. I don't think it can be taken seriously for itself, but it is indicative of where we'll be in about one short month.

"Turned in"?

These are things that people have spent thousands, tens of thousands, maybe hundreds of thousands of dollars on. And MD is just going to require you to forfeit them with no compensation??

cantonglocker

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jul 27, 2011
    Pasadena

:mad54:

Storm40

Ultimate Member
    Apr 13, 2009
    Harford County
    Raskin said as much in response to a caller's query about exactly that. I cannot imagine he really thinks it will happen, but he sure sounded happy to get behind the idea.

Vendicator

Nov 5, 2010
    "Turned in"?

These are things that people have spent thousands, tens of thousands, maybe hundreds of thousands of dollars on. And MD is just going to require you to forfeit them with no compensation??

Ha...ha...ha...ha...ha.... Molon Labe

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    Raskin said as much in response to a caller's query about exactly that. I cannot imagine he really thinks it will happen, but he sure sounded happy to get behind the idea.
    Like I've said before, I think it's extremely unlikely, and is probably more of a case of him telling the public what he thinks they want to hear. The realistic worst case scenario is going to be New Jersey, where you were forced to pull the firing pins from your registered guns.

The 5A takings clause prevents any legislation from doing these kinds of compensation-free confiscations, and trying to pull a stunt like that in the legislation would give a ton of political and judicial cover to his opposition. The crazier he makes this legislation, the easier it will be to fight it.

MDFF2008

Ultimate Member
    Aug 12, 2008
    I hope they go all out

FOID Card
    Confiscation

You name it. I'd rather fight them with everything on the table.

Storm40

Ultimate Member
    Apr 13, 2009
    Harford County
    I hope they go all out

FOID Card
    Confiscation

You name it. I'd rather fight them with everything on the table.

I love your optimism. I don't share it, but damn I do admire it. I'm not being facetious. I mean it!

Bongino is on WBAL now and sounds pretty reasonable.

Abacab

Sep 10, 2009
    MD
    They should be honest about their intentions. They want a complete ban on private ownership.

Mobile

Dec 30, 2011
    It is not an "epidemic" of violence! Violent crime has been declining in the US for years, in spite of the fact that we own more guns than ever!

This is media hysteria at its worst. Saturation coverage of this single story has whipped people into a frenzy. people now believe that there's a madman hiding behind every bush waiting to slaughter their kids. Watching the news this week and you'd think it was the end of the world out there.

After 9/11 we were told not to change the way we live and not to cower in fear of unlikely threats, yet that's exactly what is happening today!

Just trying to be free
    Jan 21, 2012
    It is not an "epidemic" of violence! Violent crime has been declining in the US for years, in spite of the fact that we own more guns than ever!

Yep, but then again, every few days something happens and makes it "appear" like it is an epidemic. Just today, a 11 year old in Utah took a pistol and ammo to school. It only take a single log to continue to fuel this fire regrettably. You're right, media drives this to a frenzy and they will stay on this story until something new comes along.

LCPIWB

Needs an avatar
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 17, 2011
    Underneath the blimp, Md.
    The 2nd Amendment was not established as an individual fundamental right until the Heller ruling.

WRONG.

It has been an established right since the bill of rights. (Right to self-defense has been around since the book of Genesis)
    It has only been "blessed" by the courts since Heller. However courts do not make law, they only determine justice between two parties.

FrankOceanXray

Ultimate Member
    Oct 29, 2008
    Does MSI have a list of state officials with CCW and registered firearms?

The hypocrisy needs to be brought out for all to see. A lot of folks follow these clowns blindly.

Mr H

Unincited Co-Conservative

The hypocrisy needs to be brought out for all to see. A lot of folks follow these clowns blindly.

I seem to recall that this was done in the past, at least for several lawmakers.

But, IIRC, PIA requests need to be done by individual for this, so it becomes cumbersome.

Willing to be corrected if I'm remembering incorrectly.

Norton

NRA Endowment Member, Rifleman
    Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005

According to the msp there is only one member of either judiciary committee with a permit and he's on our side.

Gbh

Ultimate Member
    Nov 25, 2012
    I always remind people I'm talking to about "assault weapons" that the AR is "one trigger pull, one shot" just like grandpa's hunting rifle. There is a wide misconception of "assault"-style" weapons as being automatic weapons like a machine gun.

Last night Bill O'Riley used the terms "rapid-fire" and "automatic" when describing "assault weapons" i.e AR-15.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    According to the msp there is only one member of either judiciary committee with a permit and he's on our side.

Norton, how recent is that information? If it is a couple of years old it may be worth looking at again. I know MSP will disclose this information if requested.

FrankZ

Liberty = Responsibility
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 25, 2012
    After 9/11 we were told not to change the way we live and not to cower in fear of unlikely threats, yet that's exactly what is happening today!

That's because no one wanted to ban airplanes and box cutters.

QuebecoisWolf

Ultimate Member
    May 14, 2008
    Anne Arundel
    This is media hysteria at its worst. Saturation coverage of this single story has whipped people into a frenzy. people now believe that there's a madman hiding behind every bush waiting to slaughter their kids. Watching the news this week and you'd think it was the end of the world out there.

Actually, that's one of my favorite pieces of antigun DoubleThink.

-If you keep a gun for defense because you're afraid of crazy people who want to kill you, you're a paranoid wingnut.

-We need to make guns illegal because the world is full of crazy people who want to kill you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Scot2024

Latest threads

Top Bottom