• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 2AHokie

Dec 27, 2012
    District - 9A
    It doesn't have to be Section 8. People get asistance (cash) for all kinds of hand-outs. Kind of like 'first-time' homeowner programs for renters.

Correct. I have seen eviction notices for my neighbor over $20 before. We're pretty certain that the state pays all but $20 automatically and they have forgotten to pay their "share" before.

I'm talking about Ellicott City and rent is $1600+.

StantonCree

Watch your beer
    Jan 23, 2011
    Reisterstown, not Westminster.

How is it a "domestic", if it took place at a rental office?

A woman is 5 times more likely to be killed by a lover than a stranger and where's the one place I know she has to be?

She can be hiding at a friends, living at moms, sleeping in a hotel.....but she is always going to be at work.

mward

Ultimate Member
    Dec 4, 2009
    Annapolis
    A woman is 5 times more likely to be killed by a lover than a stranger and where's the one place I know she has to be?

She can be hiding at a friends, living at moms, sleeping in a hotel.....but she is always going to be at work.

What about a prostitute? Her lovers are strangers. :p

faze

Ultimate Member
    Aug 19, 2010
    Baltimore County, MD
    Isn't it possible that she lives at the complex? She was a property manager, she may have been a frugal person and just lived in an apartment she owns. I don't think it's likely, but it doesn't mean it's not possible.

Two things for this... These are townhomes, and police said her address was in Dundalk.

ONECRUNCH

Apr 5, 2013
    There's no section 8 or anything like that in this neighborhood. That's all down in Owings Mills.

Lol! Section 8 is everywhere. There is no boundaries for Section 8 Voucher holders. The deconstruction of housing projects has been underway for years and now they are your neighbors in the nicest of neighborhoods.

The model of placing them in one community is a dying breed so they issue portable vouchers so section 8 people can live anywhere. If its for rent they are likely living there. Plenty of them living in $2500 apartments here in Laurel.

faze

Ultimate Member
    Aug 19, 2010
    Baltimore County, MD
    Lol! Section 8 is everywhere. There is no boundaries for Section 8 Voucher holders. The deconstruction of housing projects has been underway for years and now they are your neighbors in the nicest of neighborhoods.

The model of placing them in one community is a dying breed so they issue portable vouchers so section 8 people can live anywhere. If its for rent they are likely living there. Plenty of them living in $2500 apartments here in Laurel.

You can look up where section 8 exists. I forget the site but I planned my move based on that. There are indeed boundaries. The community needs to accept section 8 folks moving in. From my research of Bozzuto (the owner of these townhomes) they don't do section 8 at all.

ONECRUNCH

Apr 5, 2013
    You can look up where section 8 exists. I forget the site but I planned my move based on that. There are indeed boundaries. The community needs to accept section 8 folks moving in. From my research of Bozzuto (the owner of these townhomes) they don't do section 8 at all.

I would be very interested to see the site that tells where Section 8 Housing choice vouchers are. Bozzuto does not have authority over this. The individual purchaser / owner does. Its a great way to get max potential market rent and guaranteed income. Very low eviction rates. It should be noted though that Bozzuto owns and manages Section 8 housing developments.

However, quite often developers are forced to allocate a percentage of housing units to low and moderate income in order to get zoning changes and building permits. These are generally for sale though.

faze

Ultimate Member
    Aug 19, 2010
    Baltimore County, MD
    I would be very interested to see the site that tells where Section 8 Housing choice vouchers are. Bozzuto does not have authority over this. The individual purchaser / owner does. Its a great way to get max potential market rent and guaranteed income. Very low eviction rates. It should be noted though that Bozzuto owns and manages Section 8 housing developments.

However, quite often developers are forced to allocate a percentage of housing units to low and moderate income in order to get zoning changes and building permits. These are generally for sale though.

How do you know Bozzuto owns/manages section 8 complexes?

Also, for the section 8 listings.. I just Googled it. I forget the link. Was a year or so ago.

ONECRUNCH

Apr 5, 2013
    How do you know Bozzuto owns/manages section 8 complexes?

Also, for the section 8 listings.. I just Googled it. I forget the link. Was a year or so ago.

Its what i do for a living. I manage a portfolio of Section 8 Housing developments for one of their competitors and know people from their management group.

ONECRUNCH

Apr 5, 2013
    Interesting. Does this neighborhood have any section 8 that you know of?

I would not know. However, any home owner can offer their home to rent for a Section 8 Voucher holder. With the down turn in the economy many have been doing it to cover their mortgage. Beats foreclosing. Town home developments are where most of them end up because single family homes typically rent for much more then the local housing authority can pay.

faze

Ultimate Member
    Aug 19, 2010
    Baltimore County, MD
    I would not know. However, any home owner can offer their home to rent for a Section 8 Voucher holder. With the down turn in the economy many have been doing it to cover their mortgage. Beats foreclosing. Town home developments are where most of them end up because single family homes typically rent for much more then the local housing authority can pay.

Good to know, thanks. Didn't know it worked that way. Don't know or care to know anyone who does section 8. I thought the gov gave them some kind of certificate to allow section 8 people or something.

J.T

Ultimate Member
    Jul 23, 2012
    MD
    They also get a tax break for allowing section 8 or vouchers from what I've been told by a friend who was in the biz

ONECRUNCH

Apr 5, 2013
    Good to know, thanks. Didn't know it worked that way. Don't know or care to know anyone who does section 8. I thought the gov gave them some kind of certificate to allow section 8 people or something.

In reality there is not much to be concerned with as I'd expect you concern comes from property value. I can tell you this much and that is they are not as concerning as you think. A good portion of them are Seniors and people seeking shelter under disaster relief, witness protection programs, and spousal abuse situations.

The section 8 housing to concern your self with is located in places you are likely never going to go to unless your lost.

However, the future is vastly changing and high concentration low income communities are being dismantled. as a result more and more low income people are working their way into the upperclass burbs.

faze

Ultimate Member
    Aug 19, 2010
    Baltimore County, MD
    Was out walking the dog and saw a tow truck with a silver sedan loaded up leaving this neighborhood. Following was an undercover cop car and two CSI vans. They were coming from where the Food Lion meets the one street in the neighborhood. Wonder what that was about? Probably connected?

Name Taken

Ultimate Member
    Feb 23, 2010
    Central
    Was out walking the dog and saw a tow truck with a silver sedan loaded up leaving this neighborhood. Following was an undercover cop car and two CSI vans. They were coming from where the Food Lion meets the one street in the neighborhood. Wonder what that was about? Probably connected?

If it wasn't a tow truck decked out with police stripes...then it's probably not connected.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Noha

Latest threads

Top Bottom