• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mward

Ultimate Member
    Dec 4, 2009
    Annapolis
    Hahaha as a patrol officer in SE, yup I pretty much was. That and the "Find the guy on PCP" police.

Thank god I'm back in the robbery unit. Just wait until you see the new cars we are getting........talk about secret squirrel.

Hopefully some dirt bikes to catch up to those little hood rats.

Or a go-kart and a pack of quarters to call 911 :p

J.T

Ultimate Member
    Jul 23, 2012
    MD
    I was actually considering moving there about 6 months ago. Met the property manager and she seemed like a nice quiet very likable lady. Kind of surprised to see this. Pretty sad

Name Taken

Ultimate Member
    Feb 23, 2010
    Central
    Reisterstown, not Westminster.

How is it a "domestic", if it took place at a rental office?

If an Ex-boyfriend, Ex-Husband, current boyfriend, current husband, etc. kills their spouse/ex-spouse...even outside of the house....wouldn't you call that "domestic" related.

I think he was also making a logical post based off of past actual experiences dealing with crimes and motives...which many here can't cant say they've experienced.

Who knows if it pans out to be a domestic type situation or not...but I bet every Homicide detective that was at that scene initially thought it was a domestic related incident based off of the small facts that were released to the public.

Half-cocked

Senior Meatbag
    Mar 14, 2006
    It could be a domestic situation, outside of a personal dwelling. That is still a domestic, yes?

Yeah, I understand that it *could* be a domestic, but arriving at that conclusion because it took place at work seems a bit of a stretch:

"Female, Westminster, at work, with knife wounds, nothing mentioned of theft. You got yourself a domestic."

...it seems to me, the "at work" part of the equation would tend to decrease the probability that it was a domestic, instead of supporting it.

faze

Ultimate Member
    Aug 19, 2010
    Baltimore County, MD
    Yeah, I understand that it *could* be a domestic, but arriving at that conclusion because it took place at work seems a bit of a stretch:

"Female, Westminster, at work, with knife wounds, nothing mentioned of theft. You got yourself a domestic."

...it seems to me, the "at work" part of the equation would tend to decrease the probability that it was a domestic, instead of supporting it.

Not necessarily. You have to know some pretty well to kill them by stabbing.

Also, why do people keep saying Westminster? This happened in Reisterstown. Let's not confuse people now... :)

iobidder

1 point'er
    Nov 11, 2011
    Everywhere

Also, why do people keep saying Westminster? This happened in Reisterstown. Let's not confuse people now... :)

Ehh anything up by Franklin High School off 140 is too far. Lol

Sent from one of my 15 phones from your front door

E.Shell

Ultimate Member
    Feb 5, 2007
    Mid-Merlind
    Maybe NOT a domestic. If this info is actually fact, it would look more like a serial:

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=212435
    <snip>...a post from someone responding to the article in the Baltimore Sun. A person named Kay Watson responded with this bombshell and posted that it was odd that two years ago on Father's Day weekend Melinda Schaefers Aunt, Uncle and Cousin were murdered in New Mexico. Melinda was murdered on Father's Day weekend. Lloyd and Dixie Ortiz and their son Stephen were killed with a pick ax in there home and the crime is still unsolved and the police are not coming forth easily with information for some reason. Melinda, as the reports come in, was stabbed with an unknown object in the same way.</snip>

ONECRUNCH

Apr 5, 2013
    Hits way to close to home for me and i live no where near there. Will have to follow this closely as i am a Regional Property Manager and oversee several apartment communities. All of which are low income.

If you saw the recent news on the 16 month old child that got killed in Cherry Hill that was at my community.

faze

Ultimate Member
    Aug 19, 2010
    Baltimore County, MD
    Hits way to close to home for me and i live no where near there. Will have to follow this closely as i am a Regional Property Manager and oversee several apartment communities. All of which are low income.

If you saw the recent news on the 16 month old child that got killed in Cherry Hill that was at my community.

This isn't a low income neighborhood. Rent is $1600-$2200...

Sharpeneddark

Ultimate Member
    Mar 20, 2013
    Westminster

Isn't it possible that she lives at the complex? She was a property manager, she may have been a frugal person and just lived in an apartment she owns. I don't think it's likely, but it doesn't mean it's not possible.

Since when did you have to know someone well to stab them? Did O'Malley pass that law and I missed it? A stabbing could indicate a crime of passion, or it could indicate the knife was the most readily available weapon. Or it's because you don't need a background check for a knife...there's any number of reasons why a knife was used. We just don't have the details to draw conclusions.

llkoolkeg

Hairy Flaccid Member
    This is a very, very nice family circa Taneytown my wife in particular is acquainted with and my daughters and our family have attended their wonderful Halloween Parties the last few years. This is a devastating, senseless tragedy for the family and the speculation is not helpful though I will certainly not point it out and have no reason to believe any of them frequent this online community. It's all just crap you read online, you know, until it happens to someone you know. :sad20:

(The deceased was the sister-in-law of my wife's friend, whose family farm is located out this way.)

Last edited:

E.Shell

Ultimate Member
    Feb 5, 2007
    Mid-Merlind
    Someone says something on a forum with no citation, so it's automatic truth. (Not)

Anyone have a source that her uncle, aunt and cousin were killed with an axe last year? Or is this person full of hot air like Obama?
    Go back to my post and re-read the word "if" into it and try to reconcile that with your "automatic truth" assessment.

This is simply another potential aspect of the incident and while I neither consider it automatically credible nor suggest it credible ("If"), it is probably as solid as most crap you read in the BS and the unfounded assumptions, baseless theories and wishful thinking in the posts here that rely on about the same level of intel.

FWIW, a quick search of "Loyyd Ortiz murder" turns up a slew of hits, including this summary: http://sfcrime.wordpress.com/tag/lloyd-ortiz/, and this:http://www.krqe.com/dpp/news/crime/progress-stalls-in-fathers-day-killings-case

ilkoolkeg: Sorry for your loss in this. Speculation is normal and has no bearing on the character of the victim(s). Bad things DO happen to good people.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    GD-3

Latest threads

Top Bottom