• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BenL

John Galt Speaking.
    This brand of sillyness will continue in this state until the Democatic leadership realizes one very simple fact: People commit crimes. Not guns, not poverty, not geography... People. If they commit a crime, put them in prison. Not for "rehabilitation", mind you. Put them in prison to seperate them from the law-abidding people.

ffrobbyrob

Mar 3, 2007
    Finksburg
    I wonder who will try to ban tire irons, base ball bats, kitchen knives, balled up fists and "Timberline" boots? Why not ban cars? They kill thousands each year. Why not ban everything, we live in caves and talk around the camp fire all day. Wait.. they will then ban fire wood.

VNVGUNNER

Ultimate Member
    Nov 13, 2006
    Hebron, Md.
    It should be obvious the only ones that need to be banned are the black
    evil looking ones. On the news today talking about banning metal baseball bats.

zrxc77

Feb 26, 2007
    It is too late in the evening to look up the citations, but basically, under Maryland law, using something that appears to be a gun during a crime has the same penalty as using a real gun. One would hope, therefore, that the use of airsoft pistols would catch on among the predatory criminals, since if they use an airsoft it will greatly diminish the chance that they will hurt somebody, while in no way diminishing their legal exposure. Indeed, rather than seeking to restrict the sale of such devices, local governments might consider sponsoring "airsoft give-away programs," during which criminals would be encouraged to pick up free airsoft pistols, no questions asked.
    :lol2: I like the way you think! :party29:

smores

Creepy-Ass Cracker
    Feb 27, 2007
    Falls Church
    Yeah... I've got a bunch of airsoft guns still around from when I played in high school and college. There's really no way to tell unless you see the chamber or catch a glimpse of the smaller inner barrel... (don't think anyone's gonna look down the barrel of a gun during a robbery IMO) Most of the ones I have actually have accurate trademarks. Others, past 2' away you can't tell if they're real or not.

I had friends suggest a couple times that we play jokes on people with these airsoft guns. Once I told them that it would carry the same penalty for using an actual firearm they quickly changed their minds ;)

zoostation

, ,
    Jan 28, 2007
    Abingdon
    ...I also wonder if these idiots have thought about how many of the number of thugs and junkies who now carry around or use BB guns in crimes, will instead start carrying around real guns and using them in the commission of crimes since they figure they'll get locked up anyway if they get stopped with one.

Jim Sr

R.I.P.
    Jun 18, 2005
    Annapolis MD
    Riccardo Crossland used a pellet gun to rob a man legally carrying a real gun outside a Bridgeton motel Tuesday morning and ended up shot, police said.

Crossland went off to a hospital with wounds of the hand and leg; the victim went on his way with the congratulations of police.

The 23-year-old victim holds a concealed-carry permit from his home state of Florida, which is honored in Missouri.
    :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

ST. LOUIS POST-DISPATCH 03/14/2007

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Charles of the Manor

Latest threads

Top Bottom