• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Art3

Eqinsu Ocha
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2015
    Harford County
    We made it, sort of a last minute "if you wanna go, I'll go too," sort of thing. I'm glad we did. Nice group, some interesting guns and conversations. Hotter than heck, though. Burnt my thumb on the Nagant's breech (who would have thought?), pounded my shoulder when the Limb-saver fell off, kept a number of rounds on the black, all on the target, got out-shot by my son & daughter-in-law (yes, they allow girls!), got carried to the air-conditioned club house for revival after getting really faint from heat exhaustion/dehydration (thankfully, after the match), felt like an old fool.:rolleyes:

All in all, it was a better than an average Saturday afternoon. I plan on doing it again....the match, that is.:innocent0

My sincere thanks to everybody who quickly helped with dousing, lugging the carcass to the clubhouse, the cold water & gatorade, and all the offers & help.:party29:

Considering that's the second time that rifle has been shot since it came out of cosmoline, I think you did just fine. ;) It's funny, because this was our second time there, I definitely felt more confident (knowing where I was and what was going on around me), and had a better rest, but I actually shot worse than the first time. Maybe it was the heat? In any case, Katie's the one we'll have to worry about. We were fortunate that she was in one of the lanes with a fixed seat that was too far from the bench for her to be really comfortable.:innocent0

KatieCarbineVintage.jpg

Thanks again for everyone who made the event happen, and especially for helping with my dad when the heat got to him..:thumbsup:

Warpspasm

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2010
    Harford, Co.
    As far as I know, as long as we keep a decent number of shooters showing up I will be able to convince the club to continue having the match.
    -Rod

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Kdaily1127

Latest threads

Top Bottom