• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • kohburn

Resident MacGyver
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2008
    PAX NAS / CP MCAS
    Barack Obama and Joe Biden: The Change We Need | UrbanPolicy

Address Gun Violence in Cities: As president, Barack Obama would repeal the Tiahrt Amendment, which restricts the ability of local law enforcement to access important gun trace information, and give police officers across the nation the tools they need to solve gun crimes and fight the illegal arms trade. Obama and Biden also favor commonsense measures that respect the Second Amendment rights of gun owners, while keeping guns away from children and from criminals who shouldn't have them. They support closing the gun show loophole and making guns in this country childproof. They also support making the expired federal Assault Weapons Ban permanent, as such weapons belong on foreign battlefields and not on our streets.

zoostation

, ,
    Jan 28, 2007
    Abingdon
    Anybody who thinks their taxes are going to go down under Obama needs to read all of his programs on that page. It's one long position paper on how to spend, spend, SPEND more of your money on the cities (because that plan has worked so well in the past).

Rattlesnake46319

Curmidget
    Apr 1, 2008
    Jefferson County, MO
    They also support making the expired federal Assault Weapons Ban permanent, as such weapons belong on foreign battlefields and not on our streets.

Can you say NIMBY? I'm sure they both say that terrorist attacks and collapsing buildings belong on foreign soil as well.

Norton

NRA Endowment Member, Rifleman
    Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    It's time to write the campaign and tell them that you will pull your vote and vote for McCain now that he's put that up there.

So much for Biden's assertion that they aren't coming to take your guns.

Last edited by a moderator:

Rattlesnake46319

Curmidget
    Apr 1, 2008
    Jefferson County, MO
    the good thing about the last AWB is it showed how it was completely flawed. At least that data can be pulled up to show the idiocy of such bans.

Yeah, but you can't rationalize with irrational people. Obama, Biden and their ilk truly believe that the AWB made the streets safer. They also truly believe that if they talk about "change" enough, it'll happen.

Decoy

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 2, 2007
    Dystopia
    It's time to right the campaign and tell them that you will pull your vote and vote for McCain now that he's put that up there.

So much for Biden's assertion that they aren't coming to take your guns.

Yeah that lasted about a day.

shawn

Oct 23, 2007
    ok so all the people on this forum who said they would vote for obama need to take a look at this thread.

Some people said...."oh obama has bigger fish to fry "...."he wont waste time on 2A stuff"

Now it is official......he WILL bring back the AWB

It is on his waebsite so it might as well be a campaign promise

ozwyn

Ultimate Member
    Apr 21, 2008
    Richardson, Texas
    Obama was militantly anti-gun from the start, selecting Biden as vip was another reminder he is not firearms mainstream or even close.

This last update proves a vote for Obama is a vote against your rights.

Jaybeez

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Patriot Picket
    May 30, 2006
    Darlington MD
    So according to Obama, does AW = automatic weapons or just any gun that looks like those weapons used on foreign battlefields?

mini 14
    mini 30
    sks
    fal
    cetme
    semi auto akm clone
    ar-15
    svt 40
    ruger 10/22
    glock handguns with rails
    ect ect ect

They tried to renew the awb in congress the last 2 years with Biden on board. The new AWB would have banned just about everything. Not just high cap mags, but guns that can take high caps, much like in DC. Handguns with front rails, because they can take a front grip and spray bullets from the hip. Cireect me if i'm wrong , but the new awb listed firearms specifically by name , not just by feature.

gamer_jim

Podcaster
    Feb 12, 2008
    Hanover, PA
    I had an accident back in July and I might be getting a settlement for it. I was thinking about buying a DSLR camera with it but now wondering if I should get my AR instead just in case.

bboyneko

(T_T)
    Sep 10, 2008
    Great Falls, VA
    it's silly to restrict guns because they are better at killing than other guns. Guns are weapons! they are DESIGNED to inflict harm on targets.

duh..thats what guns do..besides shooting the undead.

novus collectus

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    May 1, 2005
    Bowie
    mini 14
    mini 30
    sks
    fal
    cetme
    semi auto akm clone
    ar-15
    svt 40
    ruger 10/22
    glock handguns with rails
    ect ect ect

They tried to renew the awb in congress the last 2 years with Biden on board. The new AWB would have banned just about everything. Not just high cap mags, but guns that can take high caps, much like in DC. Handguns with front rails, because they can take a front grip and spray bullets from the hip. Cireect me if i'm wrong , but the new awb listed firearms specifically by name , not just by feature.
    I have to look again, but the last AW ban listed specific guns and guns with certain features and so does the new one. The difference is that the list has grown and at least one version I saw included most of the guns you listed like the SKS was not on the last ban, the Mini 14 was not and the Mini 30 was not.
    There is a story, I remember seeing a source a while back but never followed up on it, that the reason why the Mini 14 was not included on the last ban was that William Ruger cut a deal to keep it off the list if he supported the proposed ban.
    Now that he is dead and the Ruger company does not seem to be on board as much or at all, all of a sudden the rifle is on some new bills....kinda ironic if you ask me.

NittanyLion

Jul 15, 2008
    Rockville
    I had an accident back in July and I might be getting a settlement for it. I was thinking about buying a DSLR camera with it but now wondering if I should get my AR instead just in case.
    LOL, I just sold a bunch of extra DSLR gear to 'perhaps' fund an AR. Wasn't going to do it, but now maybe I will. :innocent0 :rolleyes:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Lloyd_Hansen

Latest threads

Top Bottom