Awareness/Mindset/Q&A get together with Bob "Ninja" Porras. Delta/CIA guy. Thursday April 18,2024

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Speed3

Ultimate Member
    Aug 19, 2011
    MD
    I have a lot of stuff going on at the moment, I cant guarantee that I can make it. Please give me spot to someone that can confirm attendance

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    Attendance list updated and tidied. Let's get a couple more.
    No one has wives or girlfriends who go out in public??

4g64loser

Bad influence
    Jan 18, 2007
    maryland
    Attendance list updated and tidied. Let's get a couple more.
    No one has wives or girlfriends who go out in public??
    It's rude to take someone's wife out in public. What if the neighbors or the minister would see?

I'm a luddite who doesn't have electronic payment stuff but I can mail you payment if that works. This far ahead, I should have no trouble getting leave.

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    It's rude to take someone's wife out in public. What if the neighbors or the minister would see?

I'm a luddite who doesn't have electronic payment stuff but I can mail you payment if that works. This far ahead, I should have no trouble getting leave.
    Ew, actually snail mail a check? LOL Your bank most likely uses Zelle on their website or app.
    How do you order gun parts, COD? LOL

Last edited:

4g64loser

Bad influence
    Jan 18, 2007
    maryland
    Ew, actually snail mail a check? LOL Your bank most likely uses Zelle on their website or app.
    How do you order gun parts, COD? LOL
    Cash, brother. I don't recall ever buying a firearm on a credit card. I've ordered actions from Zermatt and ARC for my own stuff but I just send em a money order or a company check.

I have access to a mill, lathe, GTAW machine, etc. at on 07 license holder's shop. I can make plenty of stuff and material is ordered on their McMaster Carr account.

And I have zero online banking. One bank sent me some ******** that they were setting it up (they did not obtain my consent). I walked into a branch with the letter and demanded my account be closed with the cash stacked on the counter within 24hrs. F em.

4g64loser

Bad influence
    Jan 18, 2007
    maryland
    I'll float you the fitty until then. Don't expect dinner and certainly no reach around.
    Hahaha. No common courtesy from you, eh? Not even a bag of peanuts? Man that's cold!

Happy to mail you money or send it direct to Porras. Could send it care of Panthera if he's playing around down there. If he's at Xator, I know a guy there and could have smitty flip it to him one day.

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    Hahaha. No common courtesy from you, eh? Not even a bag of peanuts? Man that's cold!

Happy to mail you money or send it direct to Porras. Could send it care of Panthera if he's playing around down there. If he's at Xator, I know a guy there and could have smitty flip it to him one day.
    It's fine. I am seeing him early Feb and paying him.

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    Gasp
    My paranoia fuels my SA and is always on watch. Not nice sometimes but paranoia has saved me more than once.
    I'm surprised to hear someone say this.
    Why do you say it's important to not become paranoid?
    Because you don't live or work in an arena that there's a possibility of someone specifically wanting to kill you, or surveil you. It's a different story when you HAVE to be in yellow all the time.
    Sitting somewhere noticing people who come in, taking a mental note, and getting back to the reason why you are in the establishment is one thing. Constantly keeping an eye on everyone thinking there will be an issue, is a problem.

I'd be interested in hearing about the situations where your paranoia has saved you more than once.

King Chicken

I identify as King/Emperor
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 24, 2022
    Land Full of Marys - MoCo
    Because you don't live or work in an arena that there's a possibility of someone specifically wanting to kill you, or surveil you. It's a different story when you HAVE to be in yellow all the time.
    Sitting somewhere noticing people who come in, taking a mental note, and getting back to the reason why you are in the establishment is one thing. Constantly keeping an eye on everyone thinking there will be an issue, is a problem.

I'd be interested in hearing about the situations where your paranoia has saved you more than once.
    :)
    Yes, I do have a "problem". Diagnosed after separation. I don't talk much about it w people. Honestly, it has served me well and I decided to keep it. I don't keep an eye on everyone but am certainly on the watch more than I "need to be".

My most recent, civilian example, was me working on my jeep couple years ago near the brake pedal. Broad daylight , middle of apt. parking lot in MoCo. Saw a guy 50m away look at me while talking on phone, once, while I was taking a break. Triggered my paranoia. Checked on him again soon after as I felt uneasy and he was right up on me about to jump me. He was much larger than i but decided to stop charging and turn around at about 2 ft away. He certainly didn't know I had my Jeep hatchet ready to go. Guess he wasn't up for a fight to the death.

My wife has never seen it as a problem, she is my gauge.

Don't necessarily need to be military to be attacked. I'm sure you know that but yes, I agree paranoia isn't always necessary.

VA therapists commonly tell many paranoid vets "just because you're paranoid doesn't mean they aren't out to get you". Helps people feel better, gain trust, break the ice, etc. Also because it is true, unfortunately.

Btw. I'm not glorifying paranoia. It can cause hallucinations and destroy your life.

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    :)
    Yes, I do have a "problem". Diagnosed after separation. I don't talk much about it w people. Honestly, it has served me well and I decided to keep it. I don't keep an eye on everyone but am certainly on the watch more than I "need to be".

My most recent, civilian example, was me working on my jeep couple years ago near the brake pedal. Broad daylight , middle of apt. parking lot in MoCo. Saw a guy 50m away look at me while talking on phone, once, while I was taking a break. Triggered my paranoia. Checked on him again soon after as I felt uneasy and he was right up on me about to jump me. He was much larger than i but decided to stop charging and turn around at about 2 ft away. He certainly didn't know I had my Jeep hatchet ready to go. Guess he wasn't up for a fight to the death.

My wife has never seen it as a problem, she is my gauge.

Don't necessarily need to be military to be attacked. I'm sure you know that but yes, I agree paranoia isn't always necessary.

VA therapists commonly tell many paranoid vets "just because you're paranoid doesn't mean they aren't out to get you". Helps people feel better, gain trust, break the ice, etc. Also because it is true, unfortunately.
    Well, to me, "noticing" isn't paranoia. However, thinking everyone who walks into the store or area where you are wants to do harm is paranoia.
    Having the experience and learning baseline behaviors helps eliminate your concentration on how may want to do harm in a place where you are.

King Chicken

I identify as King/Emperor
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 24, 2022
    Land Full of Marys - MoCo
    Well, to me, "noticing" isn't paranoia. However, thinking everyone who walks into the store or area where you are wants to do harm is paranoia.
    Having the experience and learning baseline behaviors helps eliminate your concentration on how may want to do harm in a place where you are.
    To me...it's thinking anyone in the room may want to be violent, not everyone. Unless you have very severe paranoia.

There are different levels of "severity" and symptoms.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    dracula

Latest threads

Top Bottom