• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bobby Mercer

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    May 14, 2013
    I've got an idea that can help us all get the CCW. In regards to number 6, documented Robberies and Threats. We are all friends here. Lets rob each other at gun point and file police reports saying we were robbed and threatened.

Merlin

Ultimate Member
    Dec 31, 2009
    Carroll County, Maryland
    Merlin; 1. [B said:
    Owner or employee of a business[/B]
    2. Professional Activities: Doctors, Pharmacists, etc.,
    3. Correctional Officers:
    4. Former Police Officers:
    5. Private Detective/Security Guard/Special Police/Armored Car Guards:
    6. Personal Protection: There must be documented evidence of recent threats, robberies, and/or assaults, supported by official police reports or notarized statements from witnesses.

They need to take the "former police officer " off the list. I was told a couple years ago that being a former police officer is not a reason. Even though its stated on the damn application. I was told the same thing this go around. I have pointed this out to the troopers and they just shrug and say , oh well, its not enough. Yet none can answer why, or why they have "former police officer " on the application.

Allot also depends on the reasons why a former police officer is a FORMER police officer.

hodgepodge

Senior Member (Gold)
    Sep 3, 2009
    Arnold, MD
    I applied 3/17/12, post-decision/pre-stay. It looks like I cannot produce bank data, nor am I a security guard nor do I have documented threats.

Neither am I a politically connected individual.

I'm looking at waiting a week or two, submitting a letter saying that I do not meet their arbitrary requirements and withdrawing my application.

I'm not abandoning the fight, just quitting this Quixotic struggle.

Mr H

Banana'd
    I applied 3/17/12, post-decision/pre-stay. It looks like I cannot produce bank data, nor am I a security guard nor do I have documented threats.

I'm looking at waiting a week or two, submitting a letter saying that I do not meet their arbitrary requirements and withdrawing my application.

I am in exactly the same situation, date and all, and will likely go the route of Rambling One... Lay it out, say how ludicrous it it, and (even though I'd love to see them take the approval rate hit) withdraw.

Bobby Mercer

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    May 14, 2013
    We are already denied, so why withdraw. They took your money, now make their rate of denial skyrocket. Jam the review boards so much it overburdens and weakens the appeals board. Let them see the faces behind the voices. While we does this I am eating cake.

MDLiberty

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Apr 9, 2013
    AA Co.

why withdraw?

sourbeer

Jul 26, 2012
    montana
    my question as well.

i am in the same boat. got my letter and am still contemplating my response. what is the downside of getting denied the permit after submitting my good and substantial reason that does not meet their criteria. i wasn't sure what i would submit, maybe some movie ticket stubs, pictures of my children, some crime data...

i already have my UT and AZ permits, is there a downside to getting a denial in MD now or just something that I will need to explain on future apps and renewals?

pablo

Backpfeifengesicht
    Oct 13, 2009
    Baltimore City
    Just responded with G&S to further gum up the system in hopes of another stay.

"I have a clearance, regularly carry large sums of cash, wear an expensive watch and work late PM/Early AM hours."

Can't wait for my appeals board. This may be the stupidest thing I've ever been involved in, besides that time I attended Navy Diversity Training.

yellowsled

Retired C&R Addict
    Jun 22, 2009
    Palm Beach, Fl
    Just responded with G&S to further gum up the system in hopes of another stay.

"I have a clearance, regularly carry large sums of cash, wear an expensive watch and work late PM/Early AM hours."

Can't wait for my appeals board. This may be the stupidest thing I've ever been involved in, besides that time I attended Navy Diversity Training.

We all said equally stupid things after Navy diversity training. Wasnt that the video that taught us when we can and when we can't address girls as "boat cute"?

pablo

Backpfeifengesicht
    Oct 13, 2009
    Baltimore City
    We all said equally stupid things after Navy diversity training. Wasnt that the video that taught us when we can and when we can't address girls as "boat cute"?

That's the vid! And sure, let's keep our Sailors thinking about what made them different, not what brought them together.

Straightshooter

Ultimate Member
    Aug 28, 2010
    Baltimore County
    Just sent G&S this morning for myself and my wife using my business deposits. I'm small potatoes so should be denied by this time next week. That will be proof that only the wealthy need apply. They require 6 deposits so I sent 17 for my business and 12 for my rental property. All from $1500 to $2100. Working man's money.

sourbeer

Jul 26, 2012
    montana
    update

so i have decided that i am going to try to respond with G&S. i don't have threats, deposit slips, etc. but i am going to request a hearing and make this run it's course, to all avenues possible.

because i have been traveling and will be again, I contacted the MSP to see about an extension. i was granted an additional 30 days to submit G&S which puts me at 7/10 according to representative that I spoke with. she mentioned that they can grant 30 day extensions but not more.

so for those of you that may need an extension to "gather" your g&s evidence, it is an option. i do not want to get denied the permit, but i am going to continue to pursue it with all realization that the end result will likely be just that. it will be interesting to see how the process works and what the conversation will be when in front of the board.

pablo

Backpfeifengesicht
    Oct 13, 2009
    Baltimore City
    so i have decided that i am going to try to respond with G&S. i don't have threats, deposit slips, etc. but i am going to request a hearing and make this run it's course, to all avenues possible.

because i have been traveling and will be again, I contacted the MSP to see about an extension. i was granted an additional 30 days to submit G&S which puts me at 7/10 according to representative that I spoke with. she mentioned that they can grant 30 day extensions but not more.

so for those of you that may need an extension to "gather" your g&s evidence, it is an option. i do not want to get denied the permit, but i am going to continue to pursue it with all realization that the end result will likely be just that. it will be interesting to see how the process works and what the conversation will be when in front of the board.

Good info, thanks. I intend to request as many extensions as they will allow for the review board once my denial arrives.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeymike88

Latest threads

Top Bottom