• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mike

Propietario de casa, Toluca, México
    MDS Supporter
    I hope will there be some of these at the store during the sale. Or maybe not since I might not be able to let go of it if I do get my hands on one. I wish I'd never let go of the 30-30 I had in the 1970's. The ammo was too expensive for my wallet at the time though. I was considering a 5.56 lever gun but why not just get a "real" gun with some design history behind it :) With the 45-70 ammo going for $1.40 - $1.60 per rnd I do have to be sure I will be happy with this rifle.

image44409-e1eefa322fee561b55a80be3b7523dea.jpg

http://atlanticguns.com/product.hen...70-gov-1843-41-walnut-stk-blue?source=product

clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    I cant go but they are good people. My mentor cut his teeth there and I have heard all kinds of great stories about the shop and the family.

outrider58

Here's looking at you kid
    MDS Supporter
    I have bought many guns from the Rockville store. Both Schneider brothers are great people to deal with. No Dick-Head-Gunshop-Owner's-Syndrome there. Are they the cheapest in town? No, but they don't have a giant inventory either. One thing is for sure, if they don't have it, they'll order it for you.

Other than pricing the only negatives I've heard is no 8th day release during the run up to 10/1/13.
    Incorrect partially. They did that for a short period of time because of the delay in the paperwork. Then they had a waiver you signed saying if something comes up from that point on, that you are to take care of it with MSP yourself, and then they released the gun to you.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Stoveman

TV Personality
    Patriot Picket
    Sep 2, 2013
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    Incorrect partially. They did that for a short period of time because of the delay in the paperwork. Then they had a waiver you signed saying if something comes up from that point on, that you are to take care of it with MSP yourself, and then they released the gun to you.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

I believe you, but I only have my personal experience and those who posted the same as reference.

doggyjacket

Ultimate Member
    Aug 3, 2016
    MoCo
    Wasn't too impressed. Most stuff didn't have a price on it so you had to ask and then it was only like 50 off.

Ammo was 20% off but I didn't check prices.

Long wait for the counter. Hard to check prices on ARs and handguns since that little area was jam packed.

BigSteve57

Ultimate Member
    Feb 14, 2011
    My buddy and I went yesterday looking for well, whatever.
    The planets didn't align so no firearms purchases.
    I did have a couple of nice chats about trap guns with the Benelli & Beretta reps, however.
    As we're noobs to this they recommended we visit PG County Trap & Skeet Center to try different trap guns first.

Anyone notice the guy that seemed to be just hanging around outside the door?

shootin the breeze

Missed it by that much
    Dec 22, 2012
    Highland
    Didn't make it. Found out I almost certainly am getting hit by the AMT, after I started a kitchen renovation so my extra cash (and now extra work to get extra cash) is going to pay the tax man.

My buddy and I went yesterday looking for well, whatever.
    The planets didn't align so no firearms purchases.
    I did have a couple of nice chats about trap guns with the Benelli & Beretta reps, however.
    As we're noobs to this they recommended we visit PG County Trap & Skeet Center to try different trap guns first.

Anyone notice the guy that seemed to be just hanging around outside the door?

The older guy relatively short guy? I did see a guy that looked out of place talking to someone.

that is a good idea, I love PG trap. I have a Benelli M2 I use for trap.

BigSteve57

Ultimate Member
    Feb 14, 2011
    The older guy relatively short guy? I did see a guy that looked out of place talking to someone.

that is a good idea, I love PG trap. I have a Benelli M2 I use for trap.

RE. the guy: The guy was older (I guess my age maybe :sad20:) and smoked constantly. He would walk in the store in between cigarette breaks and was engaged in what appeared to be an intense conversation with a "street local" when we left. Steve the owner seemed aware of him and didn't seem bugged so I didn't say anything but I steered clear of him anyway.

RE: PG trap. Yeah, been meaning to get there for some time. I'm retired and have lots of time but the wife still works so that limits us.

RE. the guy: The guy was older (I guess my age maybe :sad20:) and smoked constantly. He would walk in the store in between cigarette breaks and was engaged in what appeared to be an intense conversation with a "street local" when we left. Steve the owner seemed aware of him and didn't seem bugged so I didn't say anything but I steered clear of him anyway.

RE: PG trap. Yeah, been meaning to get there for some time. I'm retired and have lots of time but the wife still works so that limits us.

Ah ok. I was thinking of the "street local" as you stated, but I did see the other you were talking about. I did not recognize him. Yeah I talked to Steve for quite a bit, and his son Mark who I haven't seen in YEARS, and Carl of course. I bought the Savage 110BA, not sure if you noticed someone lugging that big thing around.

I guess I should have said "relatively older" LOL

Boss

Oct 25, 2016
    I don't understand why they get a bit of hate on here. I don't live near them anymore, but back in the day I purchased quite a few firearms from them.

I remember back in 2002 or so when I first got my collector's letter, I bought 2 or 3 handguns on their open house sale day. Also bought a .450 Marlin lever that day. Good times.

Their prices weren't the lowest, but I was always treated well. Much better than my closest LGS--Schelin Guns. I do not miss that place, lol.

Their prices are usually insane. I think thats a turn off to a lot of people, including myself. I have only ever bought a pistol from them during their sale, which brought the price down to what I would have paid anywhere else. I have seen bottom of the barrel AR's selling for Colt prices, not during a panic buying spree.

They have given me some gunshop rumor mill mis-information before.

After those experiences I dont trust anything when im in the shop. I always double check prices and information before I would consider buying something from them.

There are much better gun shops within a 20-30 minute drive.

fiveloaves

Sep 9, 2013
    Montgomery County
    Silver Spring has better service, could be the times I visited they had fewer customers, but I think not.
    More personal service at Silver Spring.
    At the Rockville store you could wait a while without any acknowledgment from the sales staff.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JackW

Latest threads

Top Bottom