• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hawkeye

The Leatherstocking
    Jan 29, 2009
    Sorry if I missed it but what about adding people to your trust? Same timeline? If you add people does the atf need notification?
    I have forgotten everything I learned in '13, damn 13'ers!

There is nothing in 41F about adding people to, or removing people from, the various roles in the trusts.

The only thing in there that pertains to this are the sections on "responsible people" that were discussed above.

Beware of Dog
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 16, 2013
    AA Co
    Sorry if I missed it but what about adding people to your trust? Same timeline? If you add people does the atf need notification?
    I have forgotten everything I learned in '13, damn 13'ers!
    If you are adding co-trustees, that needs to be filed with your trust paperwork on any application and after the new rule takes effect, they too are subject to the new criteria, as they are 'responsible persons' with full power in the trust.

ironpony

MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Davidsonville
    Yeah, that just seems strange to me since it is more about the people than the items. After the date you can still add people without necessary docs, just not NFA items.
    I just submitted a Form 1 9mm can. whats next hmmm. would my .300 can suppress 22 rimfire ... I digress, Thanks for the input.

fred333

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 20, 2013
    It was an "and" question, not an "or" question.

And that's the way I answered it.

Think the election is going to be a crap shoot and if Hillary wins then the dealers are going to make more hay and the gun industry is going to be loving life. Although, it might be a short lived "loving life" with a lot of pain down the road.

I still think Hillary's gonna be forced to drop out....perhaps, at the last minute. If not, both candidates're on record as favouring re-implementation of the '90's "assault weapon" and "high capacity magazine" bans, so the only real difference is that Trump owns a gun and may(?) buck the trend amongst the uber-wealthy classes and minimally support the Second Amendment a la NYC (as opposed to Hillary, who'd repeal it instantly, if given half the chance).

Trump and Hillary. Hard to believe that is the best that America has to offer. Then again, we had 8 years of Obama. Good God.
    I need to stay away from the internet.

Best just to play dead now.

Beware of Dog
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 16, 2013
    AA Co
    There is nothing in 41F about adding/removing trustees.
    No, that does remain unchanged, but it does affect them after the rule takes effect, as they will then be subject to the same criteria as the Grantor, should they add another NFA item to the trust.

Wayne1one

gun aficionado
    Feb 13, 2011
    Bowie, MD
    She seems pretty clear to me. Just because you create a trust prior to July 13, 2016 does not mean your Form 1 or Form 4 submitted after July 13, 2016 is not subject to Rule 41P. Essentially, all Form 1 or Form 4 submitted after July 13, 2016 are subject to Rule 41P, regardless of when the trust was created.

So, you have to create your trust before July 13, 2016; you have to submit your Form 1 or Form 4 before July 13, 2016; AND your Form 1 or Form 4 must go into pending status before July 13, 2016.

A little less than 3 1/2 months to go. However, if Donald gets elected he said he is going to do away with this rule immediately. How many people betting on 1) Donald getting elected and 2) him doing away with this rule immediately upon election.
    The only thing is she kept saying trust instead of saying application (form 1 or 4) which she later corrected in the comment section after I asked the direct question.. She made the video about grandfathering your trust, when it's really about grandfathering your application. Trusts will never be grandfathered....

Sent from my VS990 using Tapatalk

Wayne1one

gun aficionado
    Feb 13, 2011
    Bowie, MD
    Yup. Agreed, and it was pretty clear to me too. I think she was trying to address some people who thought that as long as you had a trust that pre-dated 41F you were exempt

That's how I know it was confusing, that was not the intent of the video...

Sent from my VS990 using Tapatalk

minuit

Nov 10, 2015
    Frederick County
    SilencerShop has posted this about getting in before the deadline. I'm a little confused because doesn't it have to be Form 3'd to dealer, approved, and then the Form 4 can be submitted. My last form 3 took close to a month.

http://www.silencershop.com/41f-guarantee

I believe they have some kind of deal where they submit the form3 and form4 at the same time. :shrug:

I called and spoke to SilencerShop today. They confirmed that the ATF is allowing them to submit both the form 3 and form 4 at the same time.

They also guaranteed me that anything that was ordered from their site and was in stock/has a serial number would make the deadline or they would give $100 back to you.

Yeah, at this point a Form 3 is getting dicey. I need to get off my duff and get my rimfire can taken care of.
    Not sure if ATF is allowing dealers are able to do the same thing that they are allowing SilencerShop to do (submit form 3 & 4 at the same time).

balttigger

Ultimate Member
    Oct 15, 2008
    Middle River, MD
    I'm just now getting into this mess. Have my trust all sorted out but doubt I will be able to get everything in and pending before the cutoff.

Query regarding fingerprints. Do they accept LiveScan or do you have to get and submit inked cards?

EDIT: Nevermind....I found it. <place profanity here>

fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    Winfield/Taylorsville in Carroll
    I'm just now getting into this mess. Have my trust all sorted out but doubt I will be able to get everything in and pending before the cutoff.

Query regarding fingerprints. Do they accept LiveScan or do you have to get and submit inked cards?

My brother in-law just did his trust two days ago. If you are alright with dealer selection or doing a Form 1 to build stuff, you should still have time. My brother in-law is going to squeeze in 4 SBR applications on lowers that he bought yesterday. However, you really need to get moving on this stuff. You need to get those lowers bought and then get the Form 1 in. Same goes for the Form 1 on a suppressor build, but you don't actually have to buy anything before doing the suppressor Form 1. You can buy everything to build the suppressors after your Form 1 for them is approved in 5 to 6 months.

Hawkeye

The Leatherstocking
    Jan 29, 2009

If you're in Middle River, Free State is going to have their fingerprint guy there tomorrow. $60, I think.

However, since you're doing this through a Trust, you don't need to bother with fingerprints if you get the stuff in before July 13th. That means at this point either Form 1 stuff, buying from local dealer stock, or buying through Silencer Shop.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    dracula

Latest threads

Top Bottom