• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JohnnyE

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 18, 2013
    MoCo
    I was living on St. Maarten in 1995 when Hurricane Luis went through. Strong Cat 4 storm. I would probably have died if I were not sober. We had a stupid bimbo we had to take care of because she was hammered. :sad20:
    Was she hawt?

sbmike

Ultimate Member
    Feb 19, 2011
    Almost Heaven, WV
    Hypothetical: Person with legally obtained firearms decides to get a medical marijuana licence for whatever is legal in his/her particular state. The person does not buy any additional guns so no 4473 issue because guns were purchased before obtaining the weed license. Person now has the license but does not use it and does not purchase or use weed. Still guilty in the eyes of the ATF? Or conversely, has a weed license but gives it up (and does not purchase or use weed). This is the main reason I have not pursued this even though I have wondered if the sleep and neuropathy claims are true.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    Hypothetical: Person with legally obtained firearms decides to get a medical marijuana licence for whatever is legal in his/her particular state. The person does not buy any additional guns so no 4473 issue because guns were purchased before obtaining the weed license. Person now has the license but does not use it and does not purchase or use weed. Still guilty in the eyes of the ATF? Or conversely, has a weed license but gives it up (and does not purchase or use weed). This is the main reason I have not pursued this even though I have wondered if the sleep and neuropathy claims are true.
    He could be straw purchasing the weed...

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Being a Habitual User of Illegal Narcotics makes you Prohibited to *Posses* firearms , not only to purchase .

coinboy

Yeah, Sweet Lemonade.
    Oct 22, 2007
    Howard County
    Well, in the hearings for SB1, MSP said they had issued people with pot cards hangun permits. Yet, the people were prohibited from purchase of a regulated weapon or obtaining an HQL if I remember correctly. I believe this was because of how the purchase and HQL language was written.

Last edited:

Doctor_M

Certified Mad Scientist
    MDS Supporter
    I'm not an expert on this, but my understanding of the regs in MD is if you have a pot license (that feels strange to say or type), you have to surrender it and wait a year before you are allowed to purchase a firearm. I'm not sure where those regulations are promulgated.

remrug

Ultimate Member
    Mar 13, 2009
    manchester md
    I'm not an expert on this, but my understanding of the regs in MD is if you have a pot license (that feels strange to say or type), you have to surrender it and wait a year before you are allowed to purchase a firearm. I'm not sure where those regulations are promulgated.
    Trying to find what is legal or illegal concerning gun ownership in Md is clear as mud.

Has to be this but cant be that unless this or that is attached or is this length and blah blah blah.
    Thank God we arent being infringed upon

Mark75H

MD Wear&Carry Instructor
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 25, 2011
    Outside the Gates
    Apparently someone at MSP or the AG's office looked at the letter of the law and decided to recind that policy. Permits are now granted to MM card holders, but don't perjure yourself on the 77r or 4473.

gamer_jim

Podcaster
    Feb 12, 2008
    Hanover, PA
    When you fill out the form. You say you are not a drunkard, you do not smoke pot. If you admit to either, or if proven you lose your rite. At the limit of the document you signed for your purchase permit. By that yes you are prohibited to purchase that gun.
    Not EVERY day.

TexDefender

Ultimate Member
    Feb 28, 2017
    Federal law trumps the state law. Republicans would be wise to legalize the use of cannabis, tax the crap of it. This would pull more individuals to the right.

davela

Aug 7, 2022
    Edgewater, MD
    I had my MMJ card for a while, despite owning some guns. When I bought my last few I turned my card in, bought the guns, and then went back on it. I was under the impression that I could not purchase and unaware that I could not own them either. Upon discovering this I immediately turned my card back in.

I had the card because I have nerve damage, ****** vertebrae in every level of my spine, a bad hip, and a bad ankle from an accident I was in 6 years ago. Several surgeries/procedures later, I’m 39 years old and in constant, relentless pain. It’s insane to me that I was allowed to be on pain pills and muscle relaxers, but eating an edible at night to help sleep somehow makes me a danger to society.

Brychan

Ultimate Member
    Apr 24, 2009
    Baltimore
    The older I get the funnier it seems that only generally good people try to stay with in the laws. The government at all levels decide what laws they will follow, criminals and politicians what laws they can get away with ignoring. That is why city prosecutors will allow some laws not to be prosecuted, sanctuary cities and/or states. States allowing and even taxing what is federally illegal. Truly a sad state of affairs all around of which we are stuck in the middle. Seems many of the younger generations see this and have decided just to say screw it. Can't really say I blame them, sometimes I just feel like a chump for striving to play the game of life by the rules.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    They wrote it right into the constitution.
    The only powers delegated to the Feds are written into the Constitution. Other powers are reserved for the States or The People. I must have missed the part about cannibis in COTUS. This would be akin to the reason Roe v Wade was overturned. The only thing about firearms in COTUS says something about “shall not be infringed”. Unless I missed something…

Last edited:

River02

One Ping Only...
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 19, 2015
    Mid-Maryland
    The older I get the funnier it seems that only generally good people try to stay with in the laws. The government at all levels decide what laws they will follow, criminals and politicians what laws they can get away with ignoring. That is why city prosecutors will allow some laws not to be prosecuted, sanctuary cities and/or states. States allowing and even taxing what is federally illegal. Truly a sad state of affairs all around of which we are stuck in the middle. Seems many of the younger generations see this and have decided just to say screw it. Can't really say I blame them, sometimes I just feel like a chump for striving to play the game of life by the rules.
    I'm right there with you sir... it is wholly maddening and thouroughly disconcerting.

River02

One Ping Only...
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 19, 2015
    Mid-Maryland
    Federal law trumps the state law. Republicans would be wise to legalize the use of cannabis, tax the crap of it. This would pull more individuals to the right.
    I'd like to believe that but the mainstream media and educational institutions would find a way to spin that into a Democrat initiative and win-- change my mind.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    navyfirefighter1981

Latest threads

Top Bottom