• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • tc617

USN Sub Vet
    Jan 12, 2012
    Yuma, Arizona
    My Form 1 was approved for an AR SBR w/7" barrel and 26.25" OAL. Lower was purchased in 2011 and the Form 1 was sent September 13, 13.

MSCSMD

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    May 11, 2014
    any info on re-submitting disapproved sbr's? I had six of them, now they are approving the exact same thing. can't get a response from cook. he denied half of mine. sucks. they already refunded me for two of them.

armed ferret

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Sep 23, 2008
    McDoogal's
    best guess is to re-submit with either OAL 29"+ or something showing pre-10/1 ownership. MSP has apparently "corrected" the "minor miscommunication".

viiper

Re-Member
    Dec 3, 2008
    Carroll County
    Here was my scenario...

Purchase Date 3/30/2013 (paid in full)
    SBR, Colt LE6943, 11.5" Barrel, OAL 31" (30.75")
    Form 4, NFA Trust
    First eForm Form 4 Filed 9/2013, Disapproved 12/2013 (clerical issue, did not contact for correction, just disapproved)
    Second eForm Form 4 Filed 1/2014, Disapproved 6/2014
    ATF stated reason on second filing "...it is now banned in MD as an assault weapon"
    ATF Examiner Shawn Davis

My FFL did the eForm work, so I'd have to get exact dates from him.

FWIW, I have several prior Form 1 and Form 4 Approvals with this same NFA Trust in 2013 and 2014, and this is the only one with an issue.

sleev-les

Prestige Worldwide
    Dec 27, 2012
    Edgewater, MD
    any info on re-submitting disapproved sbr's? I had six of them, now they are approving the exact same thing. can't get a response from cook. he denied half of mine. sucks. they already refunded me for two of them.

Yeah, I ended up with no solid answer. Edwards last communication said Cook was looking into it and didn't get back to him so I should email cook. I emailed Cook a few days ago and haven't gotten a response back. I wanted to know if they can reverse my disapproval since no date has been provided for EFile to be back up. Im back to the getting bounced around situation.

bnich82

African American w/a Gun!
    Dec 8, 2011
    Please let us know sleev-less once you know something. I have a 10.5" SBR that was denied via efile that's >29" OAL that I would like to re - submit via paper for re-consideration.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

MSCSMD

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    May 11, 2014
    i'm going to re-submit a couple on paper with a sales receipt prior to 10/1, my disapproved form and a cover letter begging. Oh, and $200.

NateIU10

Ultimate Member
    Apr 6, 2009
    Southport, CT
    i'm going to re-submit a couple on paper with a sales receipt prior to 10/1, my disapproved form and a cover letter begging. Oh, and $200.

Let us know how it goes. I would include the information from the disapproved forms in the letter and beg for fast tracking.

yournamehere

Feb 27, 2013
    Carroll County
    My turn to get kicked in the nuts today. Disapproved by Ted Clutter for 27.5 OAL. Submitted form 1 on 2/23 via efile.

Anyone have Corporal Edwards email? Any contact info for Ted Clutter?

I found their info online. I'll let everyone know if I get a response.

Last edited:

A1Uni

Ultimate Member
    Aug 28, 2012
    FYI-

I have been getting back tax stamps and at much higher rate than usual, and several were Pre-October SBRs that went through with no issues, both eFile and mailed in.

We all know there will be issues with Post-October SBRs.

At the rate stamps are coming back, it appears to me that MD apps are getting special attention these days.

OrbitalEllipses

Ultimate Member
    Jul 18, 2013
    DPR of MoCo
    FYI-

I have been getting back tax stamps and at much higher rate than usual, and several were Pre-October SBRs that went through with no issues, both eFile and mailed in.

We all know there will be issues with Post-October SBRs.

At the rate stamps are coming back, it appears to me that MD apps are getting special attention these days.

All tax stamps (including suppressors) or only SBR/SBS/MG?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Kdaily1127

Latest threads

Top Bottom