• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • missing_the_cheese

Dec 29, 2012
    Perry Hall
    UPDATE: I was able to speak to Cpl Edwards and he said I should not have been disapproved. He is going to call Mr. Cook to let them know about this. He did state to submit the receipt/purchase order or 77r as supporting documentation. I also sent him a follow up email with the information that I was trying to get approved for my SBR build. He stated also that even under 29" should not be disapproved for purchases pre October.

Thanks for doing the legwork on this one. Hopefully this will clear up some of the confusion at the NFA branch.

sleev-les

Prestige Worldwide
    Dec 27, 2012
    Edgewater, MD
    Any chance you got this in writing?

I followed up with an email.. Cpl Edwards has already responded stating he has an email to Shawn Cook and will get back to me with a response on how to proceed.

As far as under 29" OAL, I do not have anything in writing. It was a phone conversation.

doofoo

Dec 28, 2009
    Submitted e-File Form 1 on 2/13/2014, LRB Arms Lower, MK18 Upper. 29.875" OAL.

Hoping to see it back soon. No news yet.

Also waiting for a e-File Form 4 suppressor from 3/4/14 still pending. :(

bobthefisher

Durka ninja
    Aug 18, 2010
    Definitely not where you are!
    Just called the NFA branch, both of my SBR's that were submitted 9/17/2013 and checks cashed 9/28/2013, both were APPROVED May 28th. Both were under 29 inches in overall length, one an FAL and the other an M92 AK-47. Not sure on the examiner yet, as the stamps have not arrived in the mail. This made my day. My true condolences for those of you that are having problems, I feel your pain. I had two post Oct.1st submitted eForm Form 1's DISAPPROVED due to OAL less then 29 inches. It's a sh!tty deal.

NateIU10

Ultimate Member
    Apr 6, 2009
    Southport, CT
    Just called the NFA branch, both of my SBR's that were submitted 9/17/2013 and checks cashed 9/28/2013, both were APPROVED May 28th. Both were under 29 inches in overall length, one an FAL and the other an M92 AK-47. Not sure on the examiner yet, as the stamps have not arrived in the mail. This made my day. My true condolences for those of you that are having problems, I feel your pain. I had two post Oct.1st submitted eForm Form 1's DISAPPROVED due to OAL less then 29 inches. It's a sh!tty deal.

They should have all been approved.

vwluv10338

Jan 13, 2009
    I followed up with an email.. Cpl Edwards has already responded stating he has an email to Shawn Cook and will get back to me with a response on how to proceed.

As far as under 29" OAL, I do not have anything in writing. It was a phone conversation.

Hopefully he can help me. I left Cook a message last Friday and left Edwards a message on Tuesday. No one has called me back so I sent Edwards an email as well

sleev-les

Prestige Worldwide
    Dec 27, 2012
    Edgewater, MD
    Hopefully he can help me. I left Cook a message last Friday and left Edwards a message on Tuesday. No one has called me back so I sent Edwards an email as well

Cook never called me back. Edwards had a few days of leave this week I believe, but he does get back to you. I remember hearing that he'd be off a few days on his VM recording. This morning I emailed them to see if they would reverse the disapproved.

vwluv10338

Jan 13, 2009
    Cook never called me back. Edwards had a few days of leave this week I believe, but he does get back to you. I remember hearing that he'd be off a few days on his VM recording. This morning I emailed them to see if they would reverse the disapproved.

Did you have Cooks email? Care to PM it to me?

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    Two stamps came back today "Approved" from 5/29....
    22" and 26"

It appears that < 29" SBRs mailed before 10/1/13 are being approved. I had a 22" approved, got the stamps a couple of weeks ago.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    I'm gonna guess and say if it was acquired before 10-1 BATF is accepting it, even if mailed on or after 10-1.

Could be me talking outta my butt though. And I'm a terrible ventriloquist

sleev-les

Prestige Worldwide
    Dec 27, 2012
    Edgewater, MD
    I'm gonna guess and say if it was acquired before 10-1 BATF is accepting it, even if mailed on or after 10-1.

Could me talking outta my butt though. And I'm a terrible ventroloquist

Thats what I was told.. If purchased before 10/01, doesn't matter the submission date. It can be any length. If purchased after 10/01, has to meet OAL minimum.

vwluv10338

Jan 13, 2009
    Big shout out to Corporal Edwards. He got back to me this morning and said he emailed Cook and apologized for the delay and confusion. Sweet.

Cross posted in my thread.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Kdaily1127

Latest threads

Top Bottom