• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    Guess AK pistols are out too...

7.62x39 could be restricted if they extend their inane reasoning, as could 5.7x28 (which would kill the 5.7 platform).

I just ordered another 1k of 855. If this garbage moves forward, will probably wish that I ordered 5k more.

How many deaths in the US per annum can be attributed to any 5.56 round? Rhetorical of course.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    7.62x39 could be restricted if they extend their inane reasoning, as could 5.7x28 (which would kill the 5.7 platform).

I just ordered another 1k of 855. If this garbage moves forward, will probably wish that I ordered 5k more.

How many deaths in the US per annum can be attributed to any 5.56 round? Rhetorical of course.

and from a pistol to boot.

idiots

sleev-les

Prestige Worldwide
    Dec 27, 2012
    Edgewater, MD
    I was reading a thread on this on AR15.com... Someone mentioned the NRA has already sent something threatening a lawsuit. Not saying one thing or another, but just hoping thats real and they step up to the plate with us on this one.

Immersion

You have that power too
    Oct 10, 2013
    Libtardistan
    There it is; the dumbest thing I've read all day. Hopefully this will get shot down because all of it is getting outrageous and needs to be stopped. Is there anything we can do to prevent this from passing?

Evojoeix

Ultimate Member
    Jul 2, 2014
    little by little we are losing ground on guns, we need someone to step up and fight. hopefully the NRA will do it

at this rate in probably less then 20 years owning a gun will be illegal in the US

smokey

2A TEACHER
    Jan 31, 2008
    little by little we are losing ground on guns, we need someone to step up and fight. hopefully the NRA will do it

at this rate in probably less then 20 years owning a gun will be illegal in the US

No need to be that glum. Check out concealed carry maps from the 90's vs. today. Also remember that back in the 90's we had an AWB pass and go into law. Pro2A folks are making ground despite the best efforts of this administration and some of the worst anti-2A groups we've ever seen. It's pretty remarkable that with as many enemies as the 2A has in high places these days, that more hasn't been done. Hopefully when the pendulum shifts, we can push hard enough to set back the anti movement decades. I'd love to see the NFA as the next big bullseye for pro2A groups after we secure the right to bear arms again.

Sgt. Psycho

Ultimate Member
    Nov 1, 2009
    SS109/M855 is not actually considered an armor piercing round. The round was developed to help increase penetration at longer distances when fired from the M249 SAW. The "penetrator" is only a 3gr. steel tip, not the entire bullet. I have also heard/read that this penetrator is supposedly more effective in puncturing body armor and kevlar helmets, but I have neither seen nor heard anything factual about that claim.

This "ban" is based on the fact that the round can be loaded into and shot from an "AR pistol".

The round also has the crappiest terminal ballistic performance of all the 5.56/.223 bullet designs available.

SWO Daddy

Ultimate Member
    Jun 18, 2011
    SS109/M855 is not actually considered an armor piercing round. The round was developed to help increase penetration at longer distances when fired from the M249 SAW. The "penetrator" is only a 3gr. steel tip, not the entire bullet. I have also heard/read that this penetrator is supposedly more effective in puncturing body armor and kevlar helmets, but I have neither seen nor heard anything factual about that claim.

This "ban" is based on the fact that the round can be loaded into and shot from an "AR pistol".

The round also has the crappiest terminal ballistic performance of all the 5.56/.223 bullet designs available.

Yes, it's not a completely steel core and the ammo is somewhat marginal, but that's not the point. This ruling would essentially destroy the 556 surplus market and drive up all prices for 556. It could also be a foot in the door towards banning all sorts of ammo.....including Wolf (steel jacket)

Decoy

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 2, 2007
    Dystopia
    You should change the title of this thread so people have a better idea of what this is all about.

"BATFE To Ban Common AR-15 Ammo"

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Noha

Latest threads

Top Bottom