• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • outrider58

Here's looking at you kid
    MDS Supporter
    Everyone keeps mentioning AR pistols, but there are many MPX and EVOs out there too don't forget.
    I think the biggest concern(paranoia) is that somehow, the AFT will ban buffer tubes, which renders AR pistols useless in most cases. I haven't seen anything in writing to verify that.

Evos and MPXs don't require buffer tubes so they can still function as designed without braces.

5string

Feb 21, 2014
    NC
    Link to the eform: https://eforms.atf.gov/login;referrer=/home

Pasted directly from it: "To lawfully register the firearm to a trust, the trust must have possessed the firearm before January 13, 2023. Accordingly, you must submit with the application documentation that establishes the trust possessed the firearm before January 13, 2023."
    This was a mistake and has since been removed from the eform.

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    I think the biggest concern(paranoia) is that somehow, the AFT will ban buffer tubes, which renders AR pistols useless in most cases. I haven't seen anything in writing to verify that.

Evos and MPXs don't require buffer tubes so they can still function as designed without braces.
    I didn't buy an MPX K to shoot it without a brace. Otherwise they are just shit.

Blackbeard

Jan 1, 2019
    If one were to have a weapon thats classified in MD as a handgun, (but if I understand this correctly as an SBR by the ATF) currently configured under 29” and with a brace, but change the 10“ barrel to 16“ barrel is it then a legal rifle under MD/ ATF rules? Does it need to be registered then?

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    There is no way to register a new SBR. You either make it via Form 1 or transfer it via Form 4. That’s the statute

They gonna make a new form from thin air?

Solman

Oct 10, 2018
    Howard County
    Ok I’m
    Everyone keeps mentioning AR pistols, but there are many MPX and EVOs out there too don't forget.
    This. I have a MPX with an 8 inch barrel. No clue what to do. Just got my first suppressor. It’s still in jail, wasn’t really trying to permanently attach but even if I do will I meet the MD length requirement? Remains to be seen. Do I swap out the brace for something else that makes it longer? Any ideas? This is all very confusing to me.

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    Ok I’m

This. I have a MPX with an 8 inch barrel. No clue what to do. Just got my first suppressor. It’s still in jail, wasn’t really trying to permanently attach but even if I do will I meet the MD length requirement? Remains to be seen. Do I swap out the brace for something else that makes it longer? Any ideas? This is all very confusing to me.
    I'm not confusing myself yet. Because I think this is getting shot down.

Kcruz2189

Jul 25, 2013
    Westminster, MD
    I’m not sure if this has already been asked, but what if you removed your short barrel upper from your pistol-braced lower? Would that make you compliant with this ”rule” until the courts overturn this? If a lower is registered as an “other,” and can be made in to a rifle, I’m wondering if not having a barrel on the lower would negate any barrel length requirements with this ATF rule as long as it’s not fully assembled? I realize you would need to change the pistol brace to a stock, too, to make it a legal rifle, if one would choose to do so. Let me know your thoughts…

Bountied

Ultimate Member
    Apr 6, 2012
    Pasadena
    I’m not sure if this has already been asked, but what if you removed your short barrel upper from your pistol-braced lower? Would that make you compliant with this ”rule” until the courts overturn this? If a lower is registered as an “other,” and can be made in to a rifle, I’m wondering if not having a barrel on the lower would negate any barrel length requirements with this ATF rule as long as it’s not fully assembled? I realize you would need to change the pistol brace to a stock, too, to make it a legal rifle, if one would choose to do so. Let me know your thoughts…
    You can have a brace on a 16" rifle and call it a rifle. You could have just a buffer tube with a 16" barrel and it's still a rifle. It's the barrel length and OAL that matter not the accessory on the buffer tube.

EODJoe

Sic Semper Tyrannis
    Jan 15, 2013
    Carroll County
    I believe the ATF refers to this as "constructive intent". You don't have them together but you could so it's no-go.

Michael S

Nov 6, 2012
    Towson
    This is crazy. Ok I sell my upper to a freind with no AR for a $1. put a 16 inch upper on it. When and if this ever get killed or imposed. I either buy it back from him same price. Or just leave it alone. Make sure we do bill of sale. After watching the GOA video no way I take a chance on registering it. If we lose in court my freind can destroy it if he wants.

FrankAR15

Feb 1, 2008
    Anne Arundel Co.

I think this page from ATF says a buffer tube is fine on an AR Pistol…because…. It is necessary for the function of the “PISTOL”
    155DF9EF-B59C-402C-AC85-CA2E21C826E3.png

Bountied

Ultimate Member
    Apr 6, 2012
    Pasadena
    Wow, somebody pissed in your cheerios this morning. You do you buddy. I never mentioned chopping up anything just answered a simple question. Settle down.
    So I have a 9" AR upper and some other rifle lowers, are they going to get me for constructive intent? I don't think so, I'll do me though. I'm settled down now. Everyone is freaking out. Let's see how this plays out first.

EODJoe

Sic Semper Tyrannis
    Jan 15, 2013
    Carroll County
    So I have a 9" AR upper and some other rifle lowers, are they going to get me for constructive intent? I don't think so, I'll do me though. I'm settled down now. Everyone is freaking out. Let's see how this plays out first.
    For the record, I agree with you. If Fedbois are in my safe I'm probably in the ground or in jail already.

Bountied

Ultimate Member
    Apr 6, 2012
    Pasadena
    For the record, I agree with you. If Fedbois are in my safe I'm probably in the ground or in jail already.
    It will be a sad day if they look in my safes, or anywhere in my house. I'm sure they'd find something they don't like. At least I don't have a dog.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    cddrive

Latest threads

Top Bottom