• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    Being killed by a tiger is much more honorable than being killed by a man with plastic gun.

End result is still the same. By tiger, by plastic frame gun, or being bludgeoned to death with a axe handle. Dead is dead.

There is no honor when it's your ass on the line.

protegeV

Ready to go
    Apr 3, 2011
    TX
    A gun is a tool. It matters not what it looks like or what it's made of so long as it lasts and gets the job done!

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    A gun is a tool. It matters not what it looks like or what it's made of so long as it lasts and gets the job done!

Remember the Liberator FP-45, quite crude and definitely not a sidearm meant for long-term use - but it was meant to be used/last for just long enough to kill a Nazi and take their weaponry for yourself.

Liberator-right-side.jpg

As long as it's effective, I can work with it. Improvise, Adapt, Overcome.

Czechnologist

Concerned Citizen
    Mar 9, 2016
    Butt ugly plastic gun. I would personally be ashamed of myself and my years of art school if I ever shot someone with a non metallic handgun. Shooting someone in combat (or for personal defense) is a serious thing and should be done with an implement that is of an aesthetic quality equivalent to the act of ending a life. It is both insulting to the humanity of the shooter and the victim. By selecting this weapon, we are reducing our military to the level of urban pharmaceutical salesmen. What's next, nylon bayonets? Thanks Obama.

0hnJSxl.jpg

traveller

The one with two L
    Nov 26, 2010
    variable
    Being killed by a tiger is much more honorable than being killed by a man with plastic gun.

Yeah, but breeding and keeping all those tigers around is going to cost a nice penny. And deploying Tigers, this sounds like a nightmare.

I think this post calls for a copy of this:

Attachments

• hipoint.jpg
      hipoint.jpg
      29.6 KB · Views: 366

DaemonAssassin

Why should we Free BSD?
    Jun 14, 2012
    Political refugee in WV
    320f-9-bss-rx.jpg

Butt ugly plastic gun. I would personally be ashamed of myself and my years of art school if I ever shot someone with a non metallic handgun. Shooting someone in combat (or for personal defense) is a serious thing and should be done with an implement that is of an aesthetic quality equivalent to the act of ending a life. It is both insulting to the humanity of the shooter and the victim. By selecting this weapon, we are reducing our military to the level of urban pharmaceutical salesmen. What's next, nylon bayonets? Thanks Obama.
    3a8df182d9ac3299c1b1ed22db35a456.jpg

vgplayer

Ultimate Member
    Jan 17, 2013
    King George, VA
    I'm excited for the possibilities this opens. The modular design significantly lowers the cost(and legal requirements) to experiment. Don't like the beaver tail, your only out $40 if you screw it up. Want to play with the grip angle, you could 3d print the prototype grips. Something like the ALG 6 second mount could be integrated into the frame. I'm sure someone out there could make an aluminum or steel frame if they wanted.

Things like the CAA Roni that require you insert the whole handgun, could they redesigned so that all you need to install is the P320 "trigger pack"?

F-Stop

Ultimate Member
    Feb 16, 2009
    Cecil County
    I'm excited for the possibilities this opens. The modular design significantly lowers the cost(and legal requirements) to experiment. Don't like the beaver tail, your only out $40 if you screw it up. Want to play with the grip angle, you could 3d print the prototype grips. Something like the ALG 6 second mount could be integrated into the frame. I'm sure someone out there could make an aluminum or steel frame if they wanted.

Things like the CAA Roni that require you insert the whole handgun, could they redesigned so that all you need to install is the P320 "trigger pack"?

Didn't think about that. Stipplers can go nuts and not have to worry as much.

I was considering one of these a while ago because of the small frame. Would have been good for my wife. She ended up liking the gen4 Glock since we couldn't find a small frame to test of the Sig. Still may revisit.

Feb 28, 2013
    320f-9-bss-rx.jpg

Methinks I'd be likin' it a lil' bit better without the rail.

Mark75H

MD Wear&Carry Instructor
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 25, 2011
    Outside the Gates
    320f-9-bss-rx.jpg

Samari agree with you. The Katana is a thing of beauty. This is more like a German race car ... form follows function, no matter how butt ugly the result.

TonyB.

Ultimate Member
    Jul 27, 2012
    Death of the slide-mounted safety/decocker... none too soon, I suppose. I wonder if Beretta will finally get off their asses and make a mass-production 92 that uses a frame safety (again).

It will also be interesting to see if Sig can leverage this win into some LE and military sales (foreign or domestic).

It's my understanding that ICE has already adopted the Sig P320 and MPX.

Czechnologist

Concerned Citizen
    Mar 9, 2016
    It is free to join. Join us, brother. :D

My grandmother (may she rest in peace) would be absolutely thrilled. When I got back home from the Army, I was tasked with taking her to/picking her up from Temple on Friday nights and I got to know her Rabbi very well. We used to have some great philosophical discussions. He is probably the most well-read person I have ever met.

... form follows function, no matter how butt ugly the result.

Central European gun manufacturers always seem like they're trying to out-fugly the other with each new offering. Like you said, though, it's irrelevant. If it works, it works and aesthetics be damned.

Mark S

Feb 5, 2017
    Shot P320 first time today

I rented the P320 Carry at Silver Eagle today. I wasn't crazy about it. I also think the Army made a poor choice.

Based on the lack of actual practice that soldiers get with their primary weapon I think that choosing a pistol without a safety, a relatively fat grip, a high bore access and lightweight frame is going to be problematic. I'd expect a big increase in misfires at minimum.

It's one thing if you get to practice regularly, but most don't. I also think that the grip size and muzzle flip is going to be difficult especially for female soldiers.

I shoot a lot and it took me a few mags to feel like I had any real control and a bunch more before I'd even attempt any rapid fire drills. If I owned one a P320 I'd want to put in a bunch of range time and I just don't think our warriors get nearly enough to master a weapon that their life may count on.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Millebar

Latest threads

Top Bottom