Votes: 2 1.3%
    • No, but I'm joining asap

Votes: 4 2.6%

• Total voters

Jim12

Let Freedom Ring
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2013
    Looks like thus thread got cleaned up a bit. Glad to see it. We are all friends and allies here.
    There's one holdout:

"I don’t want to belong to any club that would accept me as a member!"
    -- Groucho Marx

Last edited:

F5guy

Mar 27, 2013
    Annapolis
    Just renewed, thanks to Mark and everyone for all your efforts against the wind.
    Also a paid member of NYPRA and got a nice hat from them- ithey did a lot of heavy lifting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

crabjoe

Aug 4, 2023
    Ceciltucky
    Nah
    MDS is out front of being found by anyone searching for firearms related topics , especially if Maryland is in the same sentence .

We Welcome all the rookies and newcomers to MDS , and hopefully many of them will subsequently step up to join / support MSI .

This is what I did. I was looking for info on the CCW Process/wait times and found this forum.. I found out about MSI here and I joined.

RRomig

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 30, 2021
    Burtonsville MD
    While I believe the majority of people by a large margin are good that unfortunately does not cross over to the percentage of people willing to carry weight. Ask any teacher, coach, fund raiser etc. It’s always the same small group that actually help while the rest sit back and do nothing.

44man

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    southern md
    While I believe the majority of people by a large margin are good that unfortunately does not cross over to the percentage of people willing to carry weight. Ask any teacher, coach, fund raiser etc. It’s always the same small group that actually help while the rest sit back and do nothing.
    Sadly this is 100% correct. It has always been this way. I do wish we could be the first group to break the trend.

sleev-les

Prestige Worldwide
    Dec 27, 2012
    Edgewater, MD
    Really baffles my mind how low membership is. You’d think people would join and support vs just reaping the benefits when they win a case. I’ll never let my membership lapse.

Sundazes

Throbbing Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 13, 2006
    Arkham
    I have been a member for years. I alway drop money in the bucket at shows.
    My question is why don't they have memberships auto renew......

rseymorejr

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2011
    Harford County
    Does every FFL in the state have a supply of POS (Point of Sale) MSI flyers, cards, or brochures to include with every firearm purchase at the time of sale? Or, maybe at least a poster that FFL's can hang on the wall or at the counter?

That would target a different, select audience that most gun shows don't.

At one time MSI had such a program, I'm not sure they do at this time as there isn't anyone available to be the lead for it. MSI being an all volunteer organization, it is amazingly hard to get people to simply visit their local FFL and check on a POS display every couple of weeks.
    I know how hard it is to get anybody to volunteer for anything. 3-4 people end up doing all the work. If MSI has the posters, brochures, etc. I would think finding 1 or 2 people per county to do this could make this a reality. The average Maryland gunowner has no idea what laws have been passed. Local gunshops should be the place to reach these people. I just downloaded a spreadsheet off the ATF website. As of November 2023 there are 794 FFL's in Maryland, 51 in Harford County, 56 in Baltimore County. This includes all license classes (except 03) and includes Wal Mart, Bass Pro, Home Based etc. If one person would commit to servicing 10-15 FFL's and keeping them stocked with info for the new, and not so new, gun owners maybe we could get passed the apathy and maybe even get them to vote

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    MSI has over 3000 members and yet the same 15-20 do all of the work, and that includes the BOD, Officers and Volunteers at gun shows. It would be nice if the (1% - 2% of members do the work) translated to MSI. Imagine the amount of things that could be done with 60 people.

JohnnyE

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 18, 2013
    MoCo
    For renewing memberships I have found the MSI website cumbersome to use. Before my membership was scheduled to lapse in October I attempted to renew but could not figure that out. I ended up taking care of it in person at the MSI table at the Nation's Gun Show a week ago.

44man

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    southern md
    For renewing memberships I have found the MSI website cumbersome to use. Before my membership was scheduled to lapse in October I attempted to renew but could not figure that out. I ended up taking care of it in person at the MSI table at the Nation's Gun Show a week ago.
    Was your trouble with your password because I forgot mine and I figured out how to get a new one but I can’t figure out how to set my own password

It’s tricky renewing

JohnnyE

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 18, 2013
    MoCo
    Was your trouble with your password because I forgot mine and I figured out how to get a new one but I can’t figure out how to set my own password

It’s tricky renewing
    It was over a month ago so I do not remember the nature of the challenge. IIRC I also had issues attempting to donate to the litigation fund.

I am curious whether the membership role and donations might be larger but for the website issues?

I may be in my 60's but I started programming computers over 50 years ago, so I am not a luddite.

44man

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    southern md
    It was over a month ago so I do not remember the nature of the challenge. IIRC I also had issues attempting to donate to the litigation fund.

I am curious whether the membership role and donations might be larger but for the website issues?

I may be in my 60's but I started programming computers over 50 years ago, so I am not a luddite.
    I figured, at the time I was renewing AND donating to the litigation fund, that it was just me not being really computer savvy. I am glad I am not the only one who had a difficulty.

I have also been wondering if those so inclined should sign their spouses or significant others or maybe their kids, friends or coworkers up as members? If finances allow of course.

Would/could those numbers help us in Annapolis or would it still be to insignificant? I know the commie dem leftists wouldn’t care if everyone here signed up but I wonder if it would help at least a little bit?

Art3

Eqinsu Ocha
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2015
    Harford County
    Numbers are very important, at least that's what they say at the outreach/recruiting booth.

Speaking of...if you help run the booth for 3 shifts in a year, your membership automatically renews for free that year.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeymike88

Latest threads

Top Bottom